Lute solo on hard mode.

Seph

After beating FE5 (annoying but not hard) I decided to look for a new challenge, and I found this.

I'm on Chapter 4 and I think it's impossible to beat it using only Lute. The difficulty is actually pretty easy, easier than Thracia, but there is a problem.. Lute's Fire will eventually break. Mine broke after 8 enemies were left.

I had Vanessa rush to the village and I gave Eirika and Artur a bunch of vulneraries and they hung out in the corner of the map while Lute lured each enemy to a place where she got terrain bonus one by one. It was good until my Fire broke.

What should I do? Should I not solo Chapter 4 and instead attempt to solo Chapter 5 by buying a Fire tome there (maybe getting Seth to rush to the shop)? Is there even a shop that sells Fire in Chapter 5?

And, are there any other tips?

I won't use anyone to heal Lute but I will give her Vulneraries and Elixirs and so on. I may use Seth to rescue her when things get nasty and so on.

I am not using save states and I will not use the tower.

Edited by Julius

You can buy Fire in the Battle Preps shop,

Oh great, Chapter 4 should be easy then.

I'm still looking for other tips, if possible.

I beat Chapter 4, by the way.

Edited by Julius

What with all these solos going on, I think I am gonna go Solo with Gerik, once I get him. I will have two weapons, an elixir and perhaps a vulnerary, and I will attempt to tackle the rest of the chapters solo with him. ^^

It's going pretty well. I beat 5x today on hard mode and I tried to solo it with Ephraim for fun and it worked.

Because my Physics teacher is gay I can't play much, but I will continue.

I got the Guiding Ring thanks to Seth (with no weapons, would have been impossible otherwise because of Lute's low level and she can't reach the bandit reinforcements). Will promote next chapter.

Go for Mage Knight because of extra movements. She doesn't need more Mag as 25 Mag cap is overkill enough.

Agreed.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Lute makes a good Sage, despite it has better caps than Mage Knight.

Lute growths suit her as Mage Knight more.

No. If you're soloing the game with her anyway, she benefits much more from that +5 magic. In a normal playthrough, she's indeed better off as a Mage Knight due to her not reaching 20/20 or something. In a solo, she definitely will, though.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of.

Not to mention Lute has higher skill and speed..

My Lute at the end of Chapter 6 before killing the boss, rate her:

Lute200.png

Edited by Julius

In a solo, caps do matter, since the unit you're soloing with pretty much gets all the stat boosters, as well as practically all the kills as soon as he/she joins.

It doesn't really matter what Lute becomes. Both 25 and 30 Mag one-round pretty much anything, and with Boots, mobility isn't really an issue either. I would go with Sage if only for Light magic, which allows you to WTA most lategame Dark magic stuffs. You wouldn't want to restart the Gorgon map just because one of them got lucky with Stone.

From what I read, that debate wasn't about what to promote her to in a solo. That debate was more focused around using a normal team. There's a big difference between the two, since in a solo your unit will ram the level cap very quickly, and thus gain more experience and higher stats. In a normal playthrough, Lute won't ever reach her max level, or even come close to it.

Yeah, I still think Mage Knight is better for normal runs. But if Lute is taking the game on her own, I'd say you may as well go for higher caps + Light magic. I'm having a hard time thinking of a place where Lute needs that extra bit of movement. Also, this makes her more flexible in the desert chapter.

I decided to go Ephraim's route for the challenge.

I beat the shit out of the Ghost Ship easily. In fact, I even recruited L'Arachel and Dozla.

Obviously, I didn't use them.

Lute2020.png

Edited by Julius

I know double posting isn't cool, but I need help on Chapter 15 (Eirika, Saleh, Innes). I unequip them the moment they come.

I can beat it with casualties, but I want to beat it without. Everyone but Lute gets flooded by reinforcements and eventually one of them dies.

Can anyone suggest how to beat it without dead units?

Edited by Julius

Meatshield? Use those who have hight defense as your wall?

Or you might want to lure them with someone who has high speed?

I didn't train ANYONE but Lute. She killed every single thing in every single chapter she's in, ignoring the enemies which the NPCs killed.

Also, even if I did have one, it'd be useless. I can't do anything about Saleh and Innes, and Lute can only attack one enemy per player phase..

Saleh and Innes die in like 5 turns.

Edited by Julius

I didn't train ANYONE but Lute. She killed every single thing in every single chapter she's in, ignoring the enemies which the NPCs killed.

Also, even if I did have one, it'd be useless. I can't do anything about Saleh and Innes, and Lute can only attack one enemy per player phase..

Saleh and Innes die in like 5 turns.

Ah... so the problem you have is about Saleh and Innes...that was hard because they are far... =/

Rescue with flying units?

When I said use character who got high defense, I was referring on Duessel or probably Seth. Their defense are 17 and 11 respectively, pretty good if don't train anyone aside from Lute here.