Vending Machine Odds

I was wondering, how does the game choose what you get as choices at a vending machine (or a restaurant, for that matter)? Complicated charts listing who benifits from what are all well and good, but I can't seem to find the actual probabilities (just 'muscle drink ex = rare). Do we even know? Is it just a grey area? With the amount of money you get late in the game, is their any value to repeatedly buying drinks to try to get a better choice?

I have tried looking, but I haven't been able to actually find the odds anywhere, and am sadly throwing in the towel. What I do know is that all the vending machines outside the Fortuna Offices have three possible drinks you can get from them randomly (and it is easy to look up which three). As for the Fortuna Offices from what I can tell there are two rolls, one where it determines which three Drinks are possible for them, and then the roll for which of those three you actually get.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:22 AM, Crows n Murder said:

With the amount of money you get late in the game, is their any value to repeatedly buying drinks to try to get a better choice?

There are only two reasons to do so, first there is an achievement for having gotten all 11 drinks at least once, and second each drink gives different units a temporary luck boosts, but the Muscle Drink EX is the only one that gives everyone a luck boost, and is only available from the Fortuna Office vending machines, which makes it by far the rarest, but best of the drinks to try and get.

Its sad how little information I could find. This game is so underappreciated, which I am putting a bit down to it not doing a good job of telling people what it is. I don't think it does a good job of capturing the feel of either Fire Emblem or SMT, but instead really successfully captures the feel of a Magical Girl anime, and I really appreciate it for that odd niche.