Aether?

Lance

I was wondering about this too. I think its a glitch in the game. Aether works the way it's supposed to in RD though.

In this game, when Ike activates Aether, does it use up 2 weapon durability (1 for each strike)? I was surprised to find out it did in RD. I gave Ike a hand axe and he activated Aether but he couldn't do the second strike cause the hand axe broke. Is that how it is in this game?

It always seemed to be that sol activates 1st then Luna second. he heals for a normal attack then hits with a luna attack (does this make sence).

Yep, that's how Aether works but in PoR, he still heals some damage from his Luna attack which is not what should happen. The way it works in RD is how its supposed to be. The description should've been a little different in RD cause Sol and Luna do three times damage plus their usual effects while Aether doesn't multiply damage.

Edited by KSFF2150

I assume Ike doesn't just activate a Sol followed by a Luna. Either the Sol effect is different or the Luna effect is different. It's never been confirmed that Aether is just Sol and Luna slapped in one skill.

I think that happened to me too. Actually once, I swear he got a critical on the first part of his Aether, the one that doesn't half their damage (Sol). He wasn't even supposed to do half health on the first shot, but he killed him >.>. Dunno how...

Edited by CGV

If the Sol hit kills then the Luna hit will also heal the same amount as the first, even though it does no extra damage. It's a glitch. In PoR it only uses one weapon use. And there's no ranged Aether, but it can activate when attacking a door directly.

In RD it works properly, where Ike will stop after one hit if the enemy is killed or if his weapon breaks, and each hit's effect is correct.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr