Noby Noby boy

burning_phoneix

Keita Takahashi's Noby Noby boy is finally revealed. 1up.com has previews of the game all week long, and the first preview article is up already:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3171839

It's a hard game to explain without sounding silly. Picture a physics playground. You control a pink worm with feet named BOY, and move, eat objects to stretch your stomach, jump to any height you choose, and stretch lengthwise by pulling yourself in opposite directions, without any specific objectives. Then after you stretch BOY for a while, you can "report" how many meters you stretched to GIRL, causing her to stretch as well. But while BOY is a reasonably-sized character with an elastic torso, GIRL is a giant who starts life in Earth's orbit in space, and as everyone playing on PlayStation Network cumulatively reports stretching scores, GIRL grows bit by bit, eventually stretching herself from Earth to The Moon, Mars, Jupiter, etc. (and in the process unlocking these settings for all players).

I can describe Tetris as bricks falling down and it would also sound boring :)

Why do a get a feeling the name will be changed in translation :S I wonder if we would be more liberal about these things if Pac-Man was still called Puck-Man...as in edit the side of the cabinet to read Fuck-Man :o

I thought Keita Takahashi was designing playgrounds...as in real life :(