Worst Dictator Ever

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

The Dictators  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the worst ever?

• Adolf Hitler
    • Joseph Stalin
    • Mao Zedong
    • Benito Mussolini
    • Napoleon
    • George W. Bush

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Bush because even if the others were much worse than he is, at least they had some idea about what they were doing. Bush, on the other hand, does not, so he phails massively.

You're aware that Hitler was responsible for the deaths of about twenty million people, right? Just about as many, if not more, died under Stalin.

Bush doesn't compare, if only for the fact that he's not a dictator.

Er, Bush.

At least there is something you can...well...admire (for me anyway) from the rest of the options. But Bush…….>_<

Edited by Tiltyu

Er, Bush.

At least there is something you can...well...admire (for me anyway) from the rest of the options. But Bush…….>_<

If antisemitism's your bag, sure.

Also, you guys are aware that some of those dictators made some pretty stupid moves, right? I mean, even if Bush was a Dictator, you have to be pretty stupid to kill off a massive part of your population, not only severely limiting your country's diversity, but also removing much of the force behind its economy, while also beginning several invasions, in a way that is almost guaranteed to cause the rest of the world to rise against you.

Mussolini lost control because the allies were already on his fucking shores. You're also forgetting that he was a fucking role model to Hitler. Plus, he didn't have to murder millions (probably just a couple hundreds) to keep control, also he didn't cause the death of millions by fucking up (the great leap forward).

Mao Zedong is guilty for the most deaths (thought they weren't really because he ordered "kill them" it was because he fucked up with his plans). That would make him sucker #1.

Now Serenes; I've tried to be respectful and all but there is a limit of how much stupidity I can take. Try not to keep up this celebration of retardation.

Edited by Mad Fredin

Losing your country to revolt is losing your country to revolt. None of the other Dictators were hung, so they were doing something right that he didn't at the end of the day.

Now, obviously Hitler wasn't a great person and wasn't a God of War, and Stalin couldn't establish a government that lasted forever in his country, but say 'X number people of died' during their reign isn't an important figure. If anything, the number of people that died in the country without a change in leadership could be seen as a 'respectable' sum depending on how the lives were taken and why. It'd be nice if they could rule over the world with an iron fist and leave everyone alive, but that's not remotely possible.

And Hitler killed the Jews to remove a minority. It sounds bad, but it wasn't as stupid a move as it would seem. There is a reason Canada would never go to War with the United States or even vice versa.

Now, obviously Hitler wasn't a great person and wasn't a God of War, and Stalin couldn't establish a government that lasted forever in his country, but say 'X number people of died' during their reign isn't an important figure. If anything, the number of people that died in the country without a change in leadership could be seen as a 'respectable' sum depending on how the lives were taken and why. It'd be nice if they could rule over the world with an iron fist and leave everyone alive, but that's not remotely possible.

When I say "died," I mean to say they were killed by their government.

None of the other Dictators faced the situation Mussolini was on. Besides he was shot, not hanged, and certainly not by Italians (commies did it). What they did right was not being overwhelmed by enemy forced and in the particular case of Hitler what he did right was to get into a bunker and kill himself before the enemy had that honor. All the other dictators faced revolts (in Hitler's case it was an assassination attempt) yet non of them had a major military force backing up the rebel faction.

Happened all the time in old school dictatorships.

For clarification's sake, I'm referring to Hitler. Are you seriously going to try and defend the Final Solution?

Before looking at anything else in this topic:

Adolf Hitler was a great dictator for his country, but the worst scourge ever for the rest of the world. Bush did a lousy job, compared to almost everyone else on that list, but he is not a dictator, unless I'm missing something. Napoleon comitted epic fail as well, but only the grand mighty kings and stuff were screwed over by it. As for Mao Zedong, never heard of him.

I say another nominee would be Domitianus, or Nero. Rome has had some godawful emporers.

You're aware that Hitler was responsible for the deaths of about twenty million people, right? Just about as many, if not more, died under Stalin.

Bush doesn't compare, if only for the fact that he's not a dictator.

Now, honestly, does the fact that we elected Bush into office change the fact that he still introduced policies that constrict our way of thinking and thus could be labeled a dictator? Remember that people elected Hitler into office as well. I just dislike Bush more because we actually kept him in office in the one opportunity we got to get his ass out of there.

Also, you guys are aware that some of those dictators made some pretty stupid moves, right? I mean, even if Bush was a Dictator, you have to be pretty stupid to kill off a massive part of your population, not only severely limiting your country's diversity, but also removing much of the force behind its economy, while also beginning several invasions, in a way that is almost guaranteed to cause the rest of the world to rise against you.

Literally, scientists are saying that Hitler had one testacle. One testacle. And that, is why they think he was a bit of a loon.

And honestly, the people of Germany at the time Hitler came into power could have cared less about racial diversity. Thanks to World War I and the resulting Treaty of Versailles, Germany was a shattered nation when Hitler came into power; if there's one about Hitler that's likeable, it's that he was able to rouse the people to action really, really well. Also, the devastated Germany embraced Hitler's words like the Bible; I guarantee that if Germany was not going under severe economic turmoil when Hitler campaigned for office, then chances are that Hitler would not have gotten the office he was looking for.

Adolf Hitler was a great dictator for his country, but the worst scourge ever for the rest of the world. Bush did a lousy job, compared to almost everyone else on that list, but he is not a dictator, unless I'm missing something. Napoleon comitted epic fail as well, but only the grand mighty kings and stuff were screwed over by it. As for Mao Zedong, never heard of him.

I say another nominee would be Domitianus, or Nero. Rome has had some godawful emporers.

Again, just because a person is voted into office by his or her nation does not exclude them from being dictators if they still make people's lives hell.

Actually, yeah, I agree with you there about the Roman Emperors; Rome did have some nasty people in there.

And as for Mao Zedong, he was the one who led the Communist Party of China to victory in the Chinese Civil War, and was therefore the first dictator of China after the Communist Party was installed there. And yes, Mao Zedong did actually meet with Richard Nixon.

Adolf Hitler was a great dictator for his country, but the worst scourge ever for the rest of the world.

Many historians would argue that Hitler was not that great a leader. He certainly was not the super organised leader than propaganda presented him to be; more like a lazy douche once he got into power.

Edited by Shuuda