Battle of Barhara: the story behind it.

So can you guys tell me who was confirmed dead? And who was confirmed NOT?

People who i THINK or KNOW they are dead:

Ayra, it's basically confirmed, right?

Holyn, he would have put up a fight.

Claude, he wouldn't get anywhere before they all pwned him.

Cuan and Ethlin, they died previously.

Lex, DEFINATELY fighting off some of them as others flee.

Sigurd, not exactly that obscure, is it?

Dew, he would NOT survive that mess.

Sylvia and Ardan for the same reasons.

Alec and Noish were probably busy guarding Sigurd.

Jamka, he probably downed most of them before he got killed.

Azel, I'm not too sure about this one, Alvis killing his own brother?

Ardan, if there's ONE PERSON who can't get out of the battle, it's him.

People who i THINK or KNOW they are alive:

Finn, he's playable in 2-G.

Levin was resrruected.

Brigid, I'm guessing, is alive?

Fury booked it using her Pegasus?

Lachesis, using her wtfpwn skills of MasterKnight?

Titlyu, with some help from Azel and Co.?

If there's anyone I'm forgetting, then feel free to add in.

Completely unrelated PS: I HATE the fact that Barons are not playable...

Alright, letsee, here.

Survived Barhara:

Finn (He wasn't anywhere near Grandbell at the time...)

Bridget

Levin

Fury

Lachesis

Tiltyu

Sylvia

Edin

Claude

Azel

Now, what happens afterwords... ahaha...

EDIT:

Quote was obstructive.

EDIT2:

Lolspoilers.

Edited by Azel

Those who survive, are mostly women, except from Levin.

Survive the battle:

Levin

Tiltyu

Fury

Sylvia

Lachesis

Bridget

Edin

Possibly survive:

Azel

Possibly dead:

Ayra

Lex

Holyn

Mideel

Jamuka

Beowulf

Deu

Dead (or pretty much should be dead):

Sigurd

Alec

Noish

Adan

Claude

If there's anyone I'm forgetting, then feel free to add in.

Completely unrelated PS: I HATE the fact that Barons are not playable...

Edin is alive and well. She's even mentionned early in chapter 6 ( I believe ). You listed Ardan twice.

As for the PS: Play the FE4 Binary patch :rolleyes: .

I'm quite sure there wasn't any "fight" put up, just... certain characters were alive due to warp staff abuse people wanting to keep them alive, like Azel - Alvis wouldn't kill his beloved brother.

The survivors lists are pretty much right. The only one except

Sigurd

whom it is strongly hinted that died in the battle is

Claude

. Most of the women are also told to scram by their lovers in chapter 5. Though they are shown outside Barhara at the end of chapter 5 I'm not so sure they were there.

On a side note, the below caught me by surprise in the script as I've never paired Edin with Claude. I think it is their lovetalk in chapter 5, but it seems to come before other lovetalks.

Claude wasn't completely honest with Sigurd...

Claude: Aideen, this is to be our last battle.

Adean: Yes, that's what everyone's saying.

Claude: Here, you should have this. Help our young soldiers with it.

Adean: Oh, this is a Rescue Staff. Why me?

Claude: I have yet to speak a word of this, but you being my wife, well... I should probably tell you. This war will end in our defeat. All that is important to us will be lost.

Adean: ...What!?

Claude: I, too, had a difficult time believing the Lord's words when I was at Blagi Tower. But this is how fate will have it. I also will not likely survive. That's why I'm entrusting this staff to you.

Adean: That can't be true! I don't believe any of what you're saying!! Please... tell me it's not true!

Claude: Aideen, there's really nothing to be scared of. My death is really just a new beginning. As life embraces death, that with form is lost, yet something still remains. There's nothing to fear in death. It is merely a transition to a more perfect form.

Adean: But Claude...!

Claude: Just as I am to die, I shall also be reborn. Look, inside of you is a brand new life and I am a part of it. And that is why you must keep living.

Adean: How could you! You tell me to keep living while you...

Claude: Aideen, I have been blessed to have met you. Forgive me if I have sounded insensitive.

Adean: Claude...

Edited by etellerannet7

Alrighty then, I'll give my reasons why everyone other than listed is dead:

Bridget

Loses her memories and becomes Evyel.

Levin

Killed shortly after fleeing the Massacre of Barhara by Manfloy. Is later resurrected by Holsety and is possessed. Under a very strict contract.

Fury

Flees to Silesia, becomes queen by will of Rhana, dies of an illness years later.

Lachesis

Flees to Tinalouge and leaves Delmudd there to be taken care of, goes to Manster and gives birth to Nanna, drops her off there in Finn's care and goes back to Isaac but takes a wrong turn at Yied chasing after her brother's spirit because of hallucinations due to dehydration, where she is most likely ambushed and killed or turned to stone.

Tiltyu

Flees in hiding to Silesia and lives there for a few years until she's found. Teeny is taken with her, Arthur is left behind because he was picking apples. Tiltyu dies of an illness in Alster after being tortured for so many years and the stress getting to her.

Sylvia

Manages to survive and flees to Darna, drops off her kiddos in an orphanage and gives birth to Corple, dying in the process.

Edin + Claude

Claude helps Edin via Warp Staff escape in exchange for his life from wounds before hand. (Not exactly dying at Barhara, but I guess he's still a victim of it.)

Edin survives the longest and raises her kids and many others in the covenant in Tinalouge.

Azel

Captured and on house arrest for the rest of his life under Alvis' care, later succumbs to an illness or is turned to stone to delay the effects of the illness.

Everyone else pretty much died on the spot. I question Deu's survival because of his talk with Jamuka, but who knows.

Aira, I'm fairly sure, died. Her kiddies were already in Isaac, and she was ready to fight it to the end with her talk with Sigurd.

Could be a long shot with some of them, but makes sense. I forgot where I read about Claude, the lover conversation helps...

Edited by Azel

Azel

Captured and on house arrest for the rest of his life under Alvis' care, later succumbs to an illness.

I've read that numerous times and I think it's about right, but I don't think I've seen a source for it. Do you know of any?

Aira, I'm fairly sure, died. Her kiddies were already in Isaac, and she was ready to fight it to the end with her talk with Sigurd

That's probably right. I just don't think of it as much as an omen as some people do.

Possessed!Levin lies a lot.

I've read that numerous times and I think it's about right, but I don't think I've seen a source for it. Do you know of any?

The only source I could give you is that article on Alvis and Azel. It's about as close as it gets before going 'intuition' and it's the most reasonable guess.

Possessed!Levin lies a lot.

The only source I could give you is that article on Alvis and Azel. It's about as close as it gets before going 'intuition' and it's the most reasonable guess.

Yeah, that article suggests that Alvis cares about Azel too much to kill him. But what about the "

succumbs to illness

" part? It sounds so familiar.

More offtopic: By checking that article, I can see that Tiltyu was right about Alvis being 7 when his mother left :)

Edited by etellerannet7

But what about the "

succumbs to illness

" part? It sounds so familiar.

Actually I found a Japanese web that said exactly the same thing. But that was years ago, probably nearly 5 years. >_<

and dies due to most likely dehydration.

Given what Levin said at the start of Ch7 ("it's full of Dark Mages who attack without provocation") and what Delmud said to Nanna when they meet ("the Yied desert is no place to travel alone"), I find it more likely she was killed by some Yied members.

actually, maybe this thread just needs a huge spoiler sticker so we can stop highlighting everything

Edited by Mekkah

Yes, the patch I used had killed the words, though.

"ALVIS, YOU DASTARD!!!!!!!!!!"

...not exactly the greatest words ever for last words, eh?

It's actually even more generic.

Japanese: "Alvis... kisama!!", kisama being just a rude/vulgar/offensive "you" that frequently gets translated as "bastard" and the like just because "Alvis... you (with an offensive connotation/gritting his teeth)..." just wouldn't work.

Yes, the patch I used had killed the words, though.

"ALVIS, YOU DASTARD!!!!!!!!!!"

...not exactly the greatest words ever for last words, eh?

I'm pretty sure that Siggy's last words were intended to be a joke. ;)