Conquest Lunatic parting thoughts

Posted (edited)

As I lay the final blow on Takumi and progress further in my quest to complete all games on Lunatic/Maddening/whatever, I thought I'd write some things down about Conquest Lunatic. I decided to tackle this playthrough like the others, so with no DLC, and not giving a rat's ass about turn counts. I was pleasantly surprised to find a game considered so hard to actually be quite fair for the most part. Whenever I had to reset a map, it mostly felt like the mistake was on me, and not on cheap map design. HOWEVER, every chapter past the great wall of Takumi can go straight to hell. Inevitable end, 12 mov fliers, and above all else, the infinite Staff Savant Maids in CH26 are absolutely insufferable. I was fairly optimistic about the notorious endgame map, as I had accumulated quite a few good skills on the most valuable characters (Sol and Axefaire on Xander, Some Berserker and WL skills on Camilla, Bowbreaker on Leo,...) and I miraculously made it through in Only 2 attempts, with Ophelia!Elise (bless her heart) delivering the killing blow. Overall, this was a quite positive experience, minus the sour taste of the lategame. Among my favorite maps are probably CH10, 22 and 23, with most of the others being decent to pretty good. Off to the next game! (Revelations)image.thumb.png.f6cdbadd3fdfc8732c70d30393de8e6a.png

P.S. Kids were not included in the tier list template, but Velouria!Camilla and Ophelia!Elise were absolute monsters through the lategame. Nina!Mozu and Forrest!Felicia were decent for supporting roles and chip damage, and I didn't really bother using the others

Edited by lvrossem

Mozu was aKinshi Knight with like 4 capped stats, but got killed at the end of CH26 and I couldn't be bothered to reset, same with Kaze. Also, do you mean to tell me my character roster is uninspired? 😛

23 minutes ago, lvrossem said:

Also, do you mean to tell me my character roster is uninspired?

No, for it is I who shills Mozu and Camilla!Velouria, Ophelia!Elise... though the latter two are less disputed than the Bowzu in any case.

I was gonna write a section on how you robbed yourself of the best shapeshifter experience available in FE, that isn´t a hyper powered cat, but then I read the last part.

Granted, I hardly ever use Leo, but that may be because I use Dragonstone Corrin alot, for the magic tankiness and the rest of my magic needs are covered by Ophelia and magic weaponry.

Posted (edited)

Corrin became a swordmaster from the moment she got draconic hex, and Sorcerer Leo x Ophelia became a formidable Nostank in the lategame. That pair practically soloed the entire east room of chapter 26, and they always held strong against Percy's wyvern army

Edited by lvrossem
Wrong gender for Corrin