Sad and disturbing news on a Veteran Japanese VA Toru Furuya recently happened on Twitter / X

Posted (edited)

So there is a major sad and disturbing news just dropped that one of the most veteran Japanese VA, Toru Furuya had just made an apology on Twitter / X saying that he was sorry for having an affair on a 30 year old female fan. The woman did get forced pregnant. This is pretty disturbing news that I have ever seen. It looks like Sabo has an another VA controversy and this might going to affect his career with voicing Sabo, Yamcha, and any other roles.It looks like we're getting alot of actors & voice actors controversies happened alot in the 2020s. I did checked in Fire Emblem related in his roles, he does voice a Fire Emblem character Freyr in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Edit: I forgot to add he also voices a Fire Emblem character as well.

Edited by King Marth 64
Adding a note he does voice Freyr in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Okay now that IS behavior you should lose your roles for. What a waste for the guy. He seems to have quite the career only to go throw it away so he can be scummy towards his fans. 

I think you mean forced abortion rather than forced pregnant. At least that's how I understood the controversy. 

A shame. I used to be a huge fan of this anime with a detective character, named for and voiced by Furuya himself. I'm still in touch with that fandom, so I'm about to see how they're reacting to this.

Posted (edited)

honestly never heard of the guy, but I do am a fan of Saint Seiya, and although I never watched the original anime in japanese (yet), it's really sad when these things happen
i believe that, within certain boundaries, if people do bad things it doesn't necessarily mean they're bad people at the core, but this is pretty cruel honestly

my thoughts go to the victim first and foremost, of course

Edited by Yexin

Posted (edited)

We had just gotten a very update on Toru Furuya. The VA company that Toru Furuya had been working with had made an apology on Toru Furuya's behalf of involving a female fan. So they had been terminated the contracts on Toru Furuya and he is no longer/being fired for being a VA & they have been cancelling his schedules on Momocon 2024.

Edited by King Marth 64

Posted (edited)

The moment I saw that he got her pregnant, I said fuck that shit. I haven't consumed to any of the Japanese Dragon Ball related stuff in a long time but I always liked his Yamcha. What a way to throw your own career away, extremely disappointed in him. 

Edited by DarkSage861