Lucky

Robert

In an early FE8 file, my Ross got hit by an Eclipse Shaman with 0% Hit.

In Ghebfe, Gerik got hit by an Axereaver Gargoyal with 0% Hit.

In FE4, Delmud attacked a Troubadour four times at 100% Hit, missing all times.

<_<

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For unlucky in The Sacred Stones I had been arena abusing for 2 hours Artur was the last person to arena abuse he was at level 19 I go into the arena and fight an archer who has a 1% chance of a critical hit and it happened.

But for lucky I was in the lugdou ruins I think floor 8 and Knoll was at 2 HP in the enemy phase and he dodged 3 attacks that had about 62% hit and he dodged also on the last floor Amelia was about to die and a draco zombie targeted her and she dodged I think it had a 62% hit chance.

Actually, 97 hit is 99.85 real hit.

Which is exactly my point. How the hell did I miss that double attack? As I said, statistically impossible.

In an early FE8 file, my Ross got hit by an Eclipse Shaman with 0% Hit.

In Ghebfe, Gerik got hit by an Axereaver Gargoyal with 0% Hit.

Impossible. RNG generates only numbers from 1 to 99. Even if it included 0, that's like a less than 0.01 chance of hit. If that's the case, the my friend, your luck indeed sucks. As for the FE4 thing, again it is impossible for the same reason. But then again, I've never played the conslole FE games, so I might be wrong.

Edited by Legault

For unlucky in The Sacred Stones I had been arena abusing for 2 hours Artur was the last person to arena abuse he was at level 19 I go into the arena and fight an archer who has a 1% chance of a critical hit and it happened.

Archers appear when you use Priests, Mages and such on the Arena?

There's plenty of Troubadours in FE4 with the Prayer Ring, did you check for that?

Otherwise, I think there were reports of FE8 Soldiers critting people in the arena with 0% chance earlier...

What you should know is that most FE games, most notably 4, 6, 7 and 8 (and probably 5 as well), don't use a RNG, but rather a huge ass string of numbers in a set order every time you play the game. It completely relies on everyone doing different things in a different order.

Which I totally abuse every time I play FE8 Normal Mode by just keeping Eirika put in Prologue, having her crit every single enemy and getting a 5-stat level-up including Str.

In FE4 Chapter 3, Briggid kept on getting killed off by the bandits that are chasing her, even in the village that's just to the left of her starting point. I was eventually able to abuse the RNG so that she'd survive long enough for Claude to come running in, but then in all the ways I had of abusing the RNG afterwards I found that the pirates kept on killing Tiltyu. And then I realized I could have just sent Fury up there and I wouldn't have has as many problems...

What you should know is that most FE games, most notably 4, 6, 7 and 8 (and probably 5 as well), don't use a RNG, but rather a huge ass string of numbers in a set order every time you play the game. It completely relies on everyone doing different things in a different order.

The GBA FEs most definitely use an RNG. Iggy found where it lives in memory and everything.

FE4 is somewhat closer to what you have listed, but it only has a string of RNs to use and then it rerandomises them all once it gets to the end of that string (or it just wanders off the end in some certain cases, and since it generates numbers from 0-99 as opposed to 0-255 and then converting them later, this can lead to some impossible results).

Now, they all do use the same seed for their generators each time the game starts...

Yes I get them very often. Preists can't fight so do you mean magic units in general?

Mistook the Monk class with the Priest.

I never got them in SS. Maybe that's why I consider the Ruins and the Tower as better places to train, as the game gives you a LOT of money.

There's plenty of Troubadours in FE4 with the Prayer Ring, did you check for that?

The Troubadour did have a Prayer Ring, but it was at full health and Delmud wouldn't of one-shotted it.

In Thracia 776, my Galzus used his Master Axe and missed something like 20? times in a row with 93% accuracy. He activated Meteor Sword twice and Moonlight Sword about 6 times.

No one will believe me probably but still.

Edited by Julius

FE:SD, Est in an arena, 20 chance to crit:

Battle1: crit

Battle2: crit

Battle3: crit

Battle4: crit

Battle5: crit

Battle6: normal - enemy misses - crit

Battle7:crit

Battle8: crit

Battle9: crit

Then she fought for a few more rounds the usual way before I pulled her out. And I thought her stats were blessed that PT...

Edited by Tamara

This is from my current hard mode run. Rhys was attacked by a general in 3-2 that had 60 hit and he dodged both times. My Rhys is really lucky. Boyd has leveled up speed every time he's leveled up (he leveled up 5 times so far) so he's been kicking a lot of ass. Boyd usually turns out awesome for me but this is the first time that he's leveled up speed so often. Still, he wouldn't be able to double some enemies if I didn't give him the speedwing from 2-3 but that's why I usually give him the speedwing in the first place.

Edited by KSFF2150

Eyval beasting Chapter 5 minibosses, killed the Warrior, the Hero, the General all by herself, took only one hit, and nearly beat the Swordmaster and Marita.

Edited by Skasha

After my experience today I have to conclude that Est makes the RNG do weird things. Today on wi-fi my opponent's Est criticaled my Est while his Est had a 0% chance to crit. I have no idea how that happened... I guess crit uses 2 RN's as well. Maybe 0% is in fact something like 0,05%...

Edit: now that I think about it... it could have been a cheater, it was a random battle, afterall...

Edited by Tamara

Eyval beasting Chapter 5 minibosses, killed the Warrior, the Hero, the General all by herself, took only one hit, and nearly beat the Swordmaster and Marita.

Eyvel would never attack Mareeta... ?_?