etellerannet7's story question thread

Santino

I'm thinking there might be more questions with time, so I'll just put them here.

I'm writing an article on Levin and found another thing I'm unsure of. The stories of FE 4 and 5 don't always match, but I wonder if they do right here.

In chapter 6 of FE4 when you conquer Ganeishire, Levin says he's heading for Lenster when he leaves Yuria with Celice. At the end of the chapter where you defend Tahra in FE5, Levin meets with August and says he's going to Orgahill and then to Lenster Isaac. I've always thought that when Levin meets August he is on the trip he takes during chapter 6 in FE4, thinking that the timing is about right (if the Isaac revolution starts a short while before Leaf conquers Lenster). But now I'm not so sure anymore if the timing fits at all...

You could say that the Lenster takeover is more of a failure in FE4, but they still managed to take the town.

Edit: I forgot to add the actual question, which is: any thoughts on whether or not the timing fits for the August event to be part of the FE4 chapter5 travel?

Edited by etellerannet7

I always thought that FE5 was a "retelling" of the tale, going into more detail as the "lesser" characters actually appear in it. As such, I think some plot points did change, specifically Leaf and his success in conquering Lenster castle. I do believe, however, that they are one and the same trip. It would only make sense, after all.

Edited by Wander

IIRC, Leaf was already been fighting 3 or 4 years before Selis starts his rebellion in Isaac.

So I think the scene with August can fit FE4's story.

IIRC, Leaf was already been fighting 3 or 4 years before Selis starts his rebellion in Isaac.

So I think the scene with August can fit FE4's story.

I'm not sure if 3-4 years would fit chronologically, since I think Leaf was around 1 and 1/2 years old when Ethlin and Cuan departed for the Yied Desert, making Leaf about 16 years old when he arrives in FE4. Considering Leaf is 15 when Thracia starts (I think the game actually says so; someone confirm this for me) it would make sense for him to have been fighting for quite some time, though nowhere near as long as 3-4 years.

I always thought that FE5 was a "retelling" of the tale, going into more detail as the "lesser" characters actually appear in it. As such, I think some plot points did change, specifically Leaf and his success in conquering Lenster castle. I do believe, however, that they are one and the same trip. It would only make sense, after all.

Leaf taking Lenster isn't what changes, though, as he first appears in FE4 defending it. The difference is that his army isn't wiped out by Alster's troops in FE5, so he and Celice split jobs (while Leaf went to take care of Manster, Celice went to kill off Blume, for instance).

Edited by TheEnd

I'm not sure if 3-4 years would fit chronologically, since I think Leaf was around 1 and 1/2 years old when Ethlin and Cuan departed for the Yied Desert, making Leaf about 16 years old when he arrives in FE4. Considering Leaf is 15 when Thracia starts (I think the game actually says so; someone confirm this for me) it would make sense for him to have been fighting for quite some time, though nowhere near as long as 3-4 years.

But Selis is 19 at the beginning of Chapter 6. Wouldn't that makes Leaf as 18 at the same time?

Because if he is 18, then everything is fit.

Edited by Tiltyu

In the desert in chapter 5 of FE4 Cuan said that Ethrin just gave birth to Leaf. But I never use the ages to calculate things, I think they are flawed (like how it is suggested that Celice is younger than Lakche and Skasaha, yet I doubt Ayra got time to have children before Diadora did)

I always saw it like the events in FE5 before taking Lenster take about six months and then they hold Lenster for six monts.

Yeah, Leaf is 15 when Thracia starts.

(like how it is suggested that Celice is younger than Lakche and Skasaha, yet I doubt Ayra got time to have children before Diadora did)

IIRC, Lakche and Skasha are younger than Selis for around a year or two. :mellow:

I forgot the web/source though.

• 2 weeks later...

New question - and this I've been wondering for quite a while but I keep forgetting it:

In the epilogue in FE4, a villager says this:

Hear me noble ones... it's up to you to bring meaning to this holy war. You must expend every ounce of your strength and valor in the battle that lies before you. Go forth. Your future awaits you where the two lights meet!

In FE5, the chapter where you choose between two paths, this conversation happens:

Sleuf:

But I heard the voice in the tower of Bragi. It said, "When the three pillars of light become one, the darkness in this world will vanish."

Bishop:

The now deceased Bishop Claude's voice...

Sleuf:

Yes. He also said this... "Man of virtue, servant of Bragi... Be my eyes and witness the fate of this world..."

I have no idea what is meant with the two lights and the three pillars of light. I can not recall having seen any discussion about these lights meeting eachother (in 4-5 years of forum lurking). Anyone who knows something or thinks something?

I don't know, but I kind of guess that the 3 pillars of ligt are Ares, Selis, and Leaf?

And the two pillars one is Yuria and Selis?

>_<

New question - and this I've been wondering for quite a while but I keep forgetting it:

I have no idea what is meant with the two lights and the three pillars of light. I can not recall having seen any discussion about these lights meeting eachother (in 4-5 years of forum lurking). Anyone who knows something or thinks something?

I think the two lights in FE4 are Celice and Yuria (as the dialogue you mentioned occur when you visit one of the villages in Epilogue), and FE5 they are Celice, Leaf (since he's the main char in this game), and Yuria.

I don't know, but I kind of guess that the 3 pillars of ligt are Ares, Selis, and Leaf?

And the two pillars one is Yuria and Selis?

>_<

I wouldn't think that it'd be Aless, since his nickname is the "Black Knight". Plus, he doesn't even make an appearance in FE5, IIRC.