Proof that the 3 routes are in different dimensions

When you meet silas for the first time in all the 3 routes, he says that during corrin's childhood he got him his favourite meal, which if you notice carefully changes in all the 3 routes.

Spoiler

This also explains why garon's final transformation is different in conquest and birthright.

My preferred answer is "Silas is a bullshit artist, who makes up Corrin's favorite meal on-the-spot". Hence why Corrin doesn't remember him.

As for why Birthright didn't make you fight Gooron? Well, it's the more "traditional" story between the routes. And finishing the game by fighting a giant dragon is... well, tradition.

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

As for why Birthright didn't make you fight Gooron? Well, it's the more "traditional" story between the routes. And finishing the game by fighting a giant dragon is... well, tradition.

Good company IS, beating the Slime Incest Hentai Allegations.

15 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

My preferred answer is "Silas is a bullshit artist, who makes up Corrin's favorite meal on-the-spot". Hence why Corrin doesn't remember him.

Genuinely that's what I thought when first playing birthright. "There's no way this is an actual plot point. This guy is a traitor or something and this is all about how easy it is the manufacture memories." But then I played conquest and no, it was seriously just a childhood friend Corrin forgot about...for some reason. Coming to think of it if Silas had continued to get focus during Birthright (and Revelation) he could have made for a decent red herring for the traitor in their midst that both stories dedicate a significant amount of their chapters to.

15 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It's also just more variety in general for chapters and bosses. Fighting the same version of Garon in the second last chapter of both routes is more boring. If he's made of goo it's weirder (and certainly uses very questionable narrative logic to end up there) but it is more memorable.

The plot of Enter the Silas-verse covers why Corrin forgets this guy in every timeline. Releases in theaters next year

Agh who am I kidding. If any fire emblem character has a multiverse centered entirely around them, it's Corrin.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn