Currently doing a HHM run (ironman possible???)

After finishing successfully an ironman run of FE10, I started to do a new challenge: beating FE7 on HHM with as few losses as possible

After beating chapter 18 I've fulfilled this challenge yet, NO one died yet.

As for the used units aside of the lords I'll prioritize on Raven, Oswin, Florina (? depending on her strength growth), Canas, Priscilla (because of Raven support) for now.

Since I played this mode once yet, and this about seven years ago, my memories about this game are vague.

The noticable change I remember is Cog of Destiny in which physical units in normal mode are replaced by mages which makes it become probably very tricky and long.

Other than that I remember the Zephiel chapter can be a random lose, if Jaffar dies and can't work as decoy bird anymore.

As for prepromoted units I definitely want to get Harken and Geitz because I remember they did A LOT in my only done HHM run.

If you have any recommendations, just share.

I like how you had an original post about what games are worth ironman-ing with over a dozen replies, and you then choose one of the options that was generally agreed upon being one of the worse choices. I'm convinced you're doing this on purpose. I look forward to hearing of how 3 Houses goes.

Actually no I don't. It's just going to be all wyvern dodge tanks while asking serenes for every possible combination of reinforcements across all routes.

I suppose you're not strictly stating that this current run is a 100% ironman, so it's not too insane. I'm guessing a soft ironman, unless you manage to first try it. Really, FE7 is easy to get through deathless. The only issue in that regard are the extremely annoying luna spam druids and shaman in the lategame, as FE7 has the baffling choice of giving the 1 weapon that ignores your well trained res tanks 20% crit, so there's a non zero% chance that you'll instantly die no matter what. Druids with this have 20+ MAG, so even capped HP won't save you. Use longbows and braves I guess, but it won't make them any more fair as a premise.

The real reason FE7 is rated so lowly is simply due to instant game overs. Once you reach the desert chapter, Pent can straight up die on turn 1 before you can physically do anything to save him. Odds are low, but for each turn you take, you risk rng ending the entire run, and it takes at least a few (yes there are archers hidden in the HHM exclusive FoW, so throwing fliers are its own risk). After that the main worries are the obvious Battle Before Dawn followed by Cog Of Destiny right after it (excluding gaiden chapter). Zeph can also die far too early and you'll probably need to accept that you're not getting Jaclose, and CoD is just a really hard map, at least for FE7 standards. CoD at least doesn't have instant game overs, although Unfulfilled Heart can be a little scary if you don't train any lords because they're all forced deployed and mostly split from your main army and any lord deaths are an instant game over, but it sounds like you are at least using them.

I'd just say take the right path for BbD because the side boss waiting on the left side is unusually strong on HHM and could eat up too much of your unit's time tryna rush to Zeph, and there's not too much to say for CoD other than don't underestimate a stage full of mages. I ended up solo'ing it with Priscilla because she was literally my only unit with RES and solo'ing meant it didn't matter when the multiple stave users slapped her silly because there were no friendlies for her to kill. I did basically just roll a die with the stupid luna boys, but in my defense she had incredible avoid so I guess luck was more in my favor. FE7. It's all RNG.

You've basically already listed most of the steamrollers. Again, it's not the enemies that make this a scary ironman. You'll probably be fine, but you never know when something go horribly wrong out of nowhere. Just don't have my level of luck.

13 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I like how you had an original post about what games are worth ironman-ing with over a dozen replies, and you then choose one of the options that was generally agreed upon being one of the worse choices. I'm convinced you're doing this on purpose. I look forward to hearing of how 3 Houses goes.

Actually no I don't. It's just going to be all wyvern dodge tanks while asking serenes for every possible combination of reinforcements across all routes.

I suppose you're not strictly stating that this current run is a 100% ironman, so it's not too insane. I'm guessing a soft ironman, unless you manage to first try it. Really, FE7 is easy to get through deathless. The only issue in that regard are the extremely annoying luna spam druids and shaman in the lategame, as FE7 has the baffling choice of giving the 1 weapon that ignores your well trained res tanks 20% crit, so there's a non zero% chance that you'll instantly die no matter what. Druids with this have 20+ MAG, so even capped HP won't save you. Use longbows and braves I guess, but it won't make them any more fair as a premise.

The real reason FE7 is rated so lowly is simply due to instant game overs. Once you reach the desert chapter, Pent can straight up die on turn 1 before you can physically do anything to save him. Odds are low, but for each turn you take, you risk rng ending the entire run, and it takes at least a few (yes there are archers hidden in the HHM exclusive FoW, so throwing fliers are its own risk). After that the main worries are the obvious Battle Before Dawn followed by Cog Of Destiny right after it (excluding gaiden chapter). Zeph can also die far too early and you'll probably need to accept that you're not getting Jaclose, and CoD is just a really hard map, at least for FE7 standards. CoD at least doesn't have instant game overs, although Unfulfilled Heart can be a little scary if you don't train any lords because they're all forced deployed and mostly split from your main army and any lord deaths are an instant game over, but it sounds like you are at least using them.

I'd just say take the right path for BbD because the side boss waiting on the left side is unusually strong on HHM and could eat up too much of your unit's time tryna rush to Zeph, and there's not too much to say for CoD other than don't underestimate a stage full of mages. I ended up solo'ing it with Priscilla because she was literally my only unit with RES and solo'ing meant it didn't matter when the multiple stave users slapped her silly because there were no friendlies for her to kill. I did basically just roll a die with the stupid luna boys, but in my defense she had incredible avoid so I guess luck was more in my favor. FE7. It's all RNG.

You've basically already listed most of the steamrollers. Again, it's not the enemies that make this a scary ironman. You'll probably be fine, but you never know when something go horribly wrong out of nowhere. Just don't have my level of luck.

Actually I decided to play FE7 simply because from watching iron mans I picked my interest.

Well, I failed in the Zephiel chapter, actually Idk why because I cleared out anything in time (I thought).

However something bugs me I haven't got any promotion item for the sublords yet.

I should've got one in the chapter against Vaida, right?

Having restricted movement for Eliwood is lame.

1 hour ago, MisterIceTeaPeach said:

Well, I failed in the Zephiel chapter, actually Idk why because I cleared out anything in time (I thought).

Sounds about right.

1 hour ago, MisterIceTeaPeach said:

However something bugs me I haven't got any promotion item for the sublords yet.

I should've got one in the chapter against Vaida, right?

You must've missed seeing it or something. You get a heaven seal on the Vaida chapter. But hey, I'll do a 1 minute google search to see if there's a glitch about this or something. Be right back

The Bone is back. And either you somehow lost one of the best units in the game or you somehow received God's blessing by Him cursing your copy of FE7 to stray you away from it and towards the light, aka a good game.

FE6. I think he wants you to play FE6.

Le Evidence:

Spoiler

qao9mtf.png

5nhlGUV.png

9i0vxiS.png

The wiki should make it obvious, but I honestly never heard of this before, and to my knowledge, only one of the wiki sites actually states this. Neither the fandom wiki or WoD mentions the potential loss of obtaining this item. I don't see anything on Serenes about it either. Just that you get the item on Unfulfilled Heart. I'm guessing this isn't common knowledge, but at least enough mentions are made that it must be true. That's bloody hilarious. Unlucky.

2 hours ago, MisterIceTeaPeach said:

Having restricted movement for Eliwood is lame.

That might be because Eliwood is lame.

20 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Sounds about right.

You must've missed seeing it or something. You get a heaven seal on the Vaida chapter. But hey, I'll do a 1 minute google search to see if there's a glitch about this or something. Be right back

The Bone is back. And either you somehow lost one of the best units in the game or you somehow received God's blessing by Him cursing your copy of FE7 to stray you away from it and towards the light, aka a good game.

FE6. I think he wants you to play FE6.

Le Evidence:

Reveal hidden contents

qao9mtf.png

5nhlGUV.png

9i0vxiS.png

The wiki should make it obvious, but I honestly never heard of this before, and to my knowledge, only one of the wiki sites actually states this. Neither the fandom wiki or WoD mentions the potential loss of obtaining this item. I don't see anything on Serenes about it either. Just that you get the item on Unfulfilled Heart. I'm guessing this isn't common knowledge, but at least enough mentions are made that it must be true. That's bloody hilarious. Unlucky.

That might be because Eliwood is lame.

I'm playing it on Switch's NSO.

Either way I had t give up on Cog of Destiny because I was lacking on restore users.

Priscilla died and Canas didn't reach the required weapon rank in time.

Pent was the only one whose resistance was so low that he even got hit by sleep and berserk staff.