The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the current read, then?

-For me, personally, I'm leaning Town for Bluedoom and Aster/Makaze.

-I think Shinori and Jamie are probably Town? I'm a little more sure about Shinori.

-Eury and Ichigo I'm having a hard time figuring out, so by process of elimination I suppose they have to be my more likely suspects.

1 hour ago, Ichigo said:

This is word salad, nothing you've said here is actually something that would make me mafia.

Are you saying every town player goes off of instincts, and anybody who thinks things through deeper is more likely to be mafia? Because that's what you wrote.

I disagree with this.

I don't remember saying this. That I was hesitant to form a PoE. There are a lot of players I couldn't move out of null, due to not posting or posting only a little. I think I worked with what I could alright.

I think most town *have* instincts.

I guess my broader question is, what is your way of finding the mafia?

I've been trying to figure out if people have coherent thought processes. That is the reason I have pushed Jamie and then DefyingFates this game, as I've felt they both had issues with the way they came to their conclusions that weren't expanded upon even when I pointed them out.

And the reason I believe this works is that mafia are going to have things they want to do/things they want to happen, but they are making up the reasons.

So if I can see that somebody has a believable thought process. Going from point a to b to c. Then I believe that person is more likely to be town. It's not unable to be faked for mafia, sure. When somebody goes from a to c, I ask for elaboration about b, and if it doesn't add up then usually that player is either belligerent town or mafia.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

You were wrong about DF. What do you think led you astray?

My problem with DF was they very suddenly came to the conclusion that there has to be mafia between Jamie and myself. This was before Jamie had claimed Watcher and it was looking like Jamie was going to be the elimination for the day.

And this is the a to c thing. They had no reasoning for thinking one of us was mafia, and the conclusion they reached was one that made me suspicious. If they were mafia they were chaining up miseliminations. I asked them how they came up with this a few times and they never were able to expand on it in a way where I was convinced they had a real thought process. Plus when I voted them they simply voted me in response which made me even more suspicious of their motives.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

What is your way of finding town?

Vibes

And also what I wrote above works. When I can see somebodies thought process.

And a little bit of meta. Not in this game though.

And role information paired with my beliefs on setup balance.

Just now, Ichigo said:

Vibes

And also what I wrote above works. When I can see somebodies thought process.

And a little bit of meta. Not in this game though.

And role information paired with my beliefs on setup balance.

What vibe based reads do you have so far?

And then my scumreads on Jamie and DefyFate were based on analysis. I backed off of Jamie due to their claim and now I'm not sure. A mass claim would help to determine whether they are truthful or not.

Elieson hadn't posted at all when I was active so I hadno opinion and now they've been killed likely because they fake claimed jailkeeper

Bluedoom I don't remember much from. I don't think they were very active for most of the day.

Eurykins made a large post and I wanted to call them town. I was told they post like that as mafia too and admittedly I haven't thought over their big posts

So right now I don't really know who the mafia are.

@JamieIsBored Can you go over why you watched Shinori and not Elieson?

Shinori I think the "information" you think you received was actually Elieson trying to trick you with their message ability... for unknown reasons

Unless you also received a separate message, and that information?

I'm now off of work, so I have more time to sit down instead of posting during breaks. 

I am sad that DF was our cop man. Disappearing and not being able to claim was tragic, along with the gambit that Elieson did. Ugh. I need to re-read over things and figure out where stuff stands, cause none of the flips have been great for us, and kinda makes me worried about the reads I've had so far.

*Aster/Makaze's role proven, Jamie claimed information (Watcher) and Shinori didn't deny Jamie's notion of Elieson visiting him and dropping off a Message.

(This was implied/could have been assumed based on Shinori's post of "Getting information without knowing how it happened last night" before this, but could have also been a shot in the dark? I don't know if scum!Jamie would lie about the report based on implications of Shinori receiving a message last night from Elie, or if he watches regardless of alignment.)

Shinori's mentions of PoE/other information kinda has me confused in the sense of not knowing where any of it goes or what "good news" he claimed to have earlier? Something in the back of my brain is itching a bit and bothering me, and I'm going to be very annoyed if, for one game in my life as town, I give Shinori a townread pass since D1 with him as Scumnori, the guy will never let me hear the end of this. =___= I'm also attempting to anticipate what sort of role would even garner the info he's claiming to possess (outside of Elie note/message) and my brain is burning on smoke trying to figure anything out.

@Makaze Do you think being an insomniac serves any purpose for being scum-side? Also as a side note:

11 hours ago, Makaze said:

Typical Elie lol. At least they drew the NK this time (assuming that's who killed them)

I can confirmed the Insomniac claim, and I am an Entente, which I can guess must be the town because there is nothing else in my role pm

What's the over/under on Jamie/Shinori scum/scum?

Do you really have nothing else in your role pm? I wonder if that's really true. If you know, you know.

1 hour ago, Ichigo said:

Shinori I think the "information" you think you received was actually Elieson trying to trick you with their message ability... for unknown reasons

Unless you also received a separate message, and that information?

The 'message' I received is weird.  If it's from Elie I don't get why he sent it without having some actual information.  It DOESNT sound like Elie.  And if it ISNT elie - then potentially Jamie has lied about their role?

If it IS Elie - I don't see him sending me this message for ZERO REASON lying when they are confirmed town.  They have no reason to do that.

Which is why I'm torn on outting the information or not - I think it's probably good if I do out this specific information because there are no exact names involved in what I say but it would have role information for someone who is 'probably' town?

40 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

I'm now off of work, so I have more time to sit down instead of posting during breaks. 

I am sad that DF was our cop man. Disappearing and not being able to claim was tragic, along with the gambit that Elieson did. Ugh. I need to re-read over things and figure out where stuff stands, cause none of the flips have been great for us, and kinda makes me worried about the reads I've had so far.

*Aster/Makaze's role proven, Jamie claimed information (Watcher) and Shinori didn't deny Jamie's notion of Elieson visiting him and dropping off a Message.

(This was implied/could have been assumed based on Shinori's post of "Getting information without knowing how it happened last night" before this, but could have also been a shot in the dark? I don't know if scum!Jamie would lie about the report based on implications of Shinori receiving a message last night from Elie, or if he watches regardless of alignment.)

Shinori's mentions of PoE/other information kinda has me confused in the sense of not knowing where any of it goes or what "good news" he claimed to have earlier? Something in the back of my brain is itching a bit and bothering me, and I'm going to be very annoyed if, for one game in my life as town, I give Shinori a townread pass since D1 with him as Scumnori, the guy will never let me hear the end of this. =___= I'm also attempting to anticipate what sort of role would even garner the info he's claiming to possess (outside of Elie note/message) and my brain is burning on smoke trying to figure anything out.

@Makaze Do you think being an insomniac serves any purpose for being scum-side? Also as a side note:

Do you really have nothing else in your role pm? I wonder if that's really true. If you know, you know.

There is some flavor text about my role, which is a song, and that I can speak at night. It says I am an Entente, but not what alignment Entente is

Not sure what else you're talking about

You know what, maybe a mass claim is good.  Even if I can get us an extra day it's not positive.

But man it would feel bad to be scum and lose the game because of a mass claim clearing people.

Some roles are generally more likely to be town than others.

Like a doctor for example, sure you can have a scum doc but it's not common, like it's VERY uncommon.

However mass claiming would put certain roles we want to be unknown out in the open which could be bad.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If Mafia can have roles like Town, and sometimes they can have the same roles that usually go to Town, would a mass claim really clear all that many people?

It would make them accountable. Most roles can be proven. The way you use the roles has to be defensible from a town point of view.

Mkay. 

I am also completely neutral on the mass claim situation. If most end up being fine with it, I'm down. If not, then not. This is hedging on the concept of Shinori being town, and being willing to potentially break a game on D2 (not something I'm unfamiliar with seeing in the past), though it might make it less fun for the scum side if Shinori's town lol.

There is also another option, if this puts things in more of a fun situation though (and we want to avoid any unnecessary claims unless it can catch scum):

@Shinori Who would prove to be the most effective in associative flips atm for you if anyone was to flip today?

Considering me and Makaze both have the same general PoE:  Someone in one of those shared PoE's

This is mine though:

Ichigo/FE Fan
Jamie/Eury
Ichigo/Eury

Yourself or Ichigo to be honest.

But I don't think that's what we want to do at the current moment.

I'm kind of leaning more towards Ichigo but I need to read back in the game before making any decisions.  Maybe re-read my marth town read and what not.