The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

Kind of just giving benefit of the doubt to watcher claim - it could be scum so idk, could go back to them technically.

I kind of felt their later posts were a 'little' more townie though.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

What was the notions against FEF/Ichigo specifically if you have them under DF for lynch? What prevents Jamie from being an option even if DF doesn't occur nor Aster? I might need to check reads post if you made one recently to follow train of thought process.

I think the main thing is jamie claiming watcher means that its possible for shino to survive a night if he watches him, although if jamie is scum that's possibly not the case, but we'd be able to figure him out through lies anyway

I'm not interested in Ichigo lynch today - he's been fine in my books for the most part on vibe checks, and the main trio of concerns (Aster, DF, and Jamie) are bigger fish and far more worth digging into imo.

FEF I'm willing to overlook as well at least for today, but would be more confident atm with Ichigo vibes than FEF currently.

3 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

I think the main thing is jamie claiming watcher means that its possible for shino to survive a night if he watches him, although if jamie is scum that's possibly not the case, but we'd be able to figure him out through lies anyway

Even if he lives tonight, do you think he would realistically watch Shinori as town!watcher, or would he assume that Shinori is likely to be protected, and thus aim elsewhere instead? What do we do if Jamie lives, yet doesn't opt to watch Shinori N1?

41 minutes ago, Shinori said:

@Bluedoom @Ichigo

How do both of you feel WRT my actual DF case?  I'd like thoughts, I don't want blind votes with weak reasonings.  I want to know if you actually agree with what I'm saying or not.

I don't remember your case I probably skimmed it. I have my own reason to vote DF which I talked about. Mainly I find their thought process unbelievable and it feels like they are settings up a miselimination between Jamie and I by saying one of us must be scum. It didn't feel like they had a reason to come to that conclusion really.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So what exactly is supposed to happen during a Night phase? We can't talk, so is it just silence?

The mafia submit their kill. Anybody with a power role submits their actions. And then at the end of the night it all gets resolved. Aster has a role that lets them (and only them) talk at night.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So what exactly is supposed to happen during a Night phase? We can't talk, so is it just silence?

No one can talk in thread during the night phase.

If you have a role with a night action though you submit that via your role pm PRIVATELY.  Everyone else will do the same and mafia will talk to each other and pick someone to kill.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Correct. In most cases, no one can post in-thread, and the only things that happen are:
Scum team can communicate (anytime though, so not relevant on Day/Night phase)
Night actions
Specific roles, like the one Aster claimed, can post at Night. Meaning they can post thoughts, considerations (in reaction to lynch flip), etc.

No one else can post in-thread/game until D2 starts.

6 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

I'm not interested in Ichigo lynch today - he's been fine in my books for the most part on vibe checks, and the main trio of concerns (Aster, DF, and Jamie) are bigger fish and far more worth digging into imo.

FEF I'm willing to overlook as well at least for today, but would be more confident atm with Ichigo vibes than FEF currently.

Even if he lives tonight, do you think he would realistically watch Shinori as town!watcher, or would he assume that Shinori is likely to be protected, and thus aim elsewhere instead? What do we do if Jamie lives, yet doesn't opt to watch Shinori N1?

Protection on jamie is better because it forces the mafia elsewhere because they can't hit jamie or shino.

What makes fef better than df fypov?

We need to eliminate the mafia before we all get sniped. Mafia win when the amount of mafia is equal to the amount of town, because at that point we can't vote them out anymore. There are some night powers that can stop the night kill, and other night powers that do other things like the watcher checks to see who visits their target with other night actions.

That's why voting and lynching someone during the day is VERY important.

It's the only GUARANTEED way town has to deal with mafia.  This is why it's important to talk a lot and lynch on day 1 which I have tried to hammer home both this game, and the previous game.

Night actions can give information to the town which can help solve the game.

Some roles are things like alignment cop - which is someone who inspects a target and they learn of their alignment at the end of the night phase.

So like if I was an alignment cop, during this night phase I could potentially like target someone, like ichigo or you, and if I lived through the night phase I would then LEARN what alignment you are.  So if an alignment cop for example targeted a mafia, they would be able to guarantee "Hey this person is mafia" on the following day phase.

There are also roles like doctor who can protect someone and if their target is shot then they won't die.

Roles like a roleblocker which can target someone and roleblock them, preventing them from taking any action - this generally works on kills as well.

Things like vigilante which can target someone at night and SHOOT them dead just like mafia can.

2 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

Protection on jamie is better because it forces the mafia elsewhere because they can't hit jamie or shino.

What makes fef better than df fypov?

Hmmm, actually didn't think about that, fair points.

Why is FEF better than DF?

1. For FEF'S first ever Mafia game: I actually liked the tone of most of their posts, and while I asked them quite a few questions via wallposts and such, they actually did a good job in responding to a lot of them which part of the reason why I got ok gut vibes checks. AND, secondly:

2. They actually have/offered READS of their own thoughts, and didn't hesitate to state their reads even if they could be wrong. As shown below:

13 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Like I said before, I was given the impression that it would be very bad for myself and my alignment if I didn't put in a vote, so I thought I had to vote someone, especially since it was before we got an extension and I thought time was almost up.

You went over my second post where I talked about my initial thoughts on all the players at that point and what my mindset had been, to be honest I'm not quite sure what to add to it. Of all the players, I had narrowed my choices down to three, and of those three I felt that Jamie was the one who felt more "mafia," based loosely on the previous pages I had read (the brief thing with Ichigo, the statement (I think from Blue?) that Jamie wasn't really committing and just being kinda sly about it, etc.).

I will also fully admit that I was potentially reading things wrong, like I had said before things were starting to blur together for me a bit, and I did start to doubt myself there and thought I might have made a mistake.

I feel more confident about my vote now, though. I believe Jamie and others were justified in calling out my vote (and like I said, I even started doubting myself), but then it really felt like Jamie got tunnel-vision for me and was trying to deflect votes to save themselves. Which I suppose would be natural, true, but as others have pointed out, it's been combined with the knowledge that Jamie has been a little hypocritical, has been dealing with nothing but hypotheticals, and hasn't really done anything substantial other than get defensive at specifically me and given no actual assessment on anything. So, now, to me, it reads as suspicious, and I'm more confident in my vote.

1. Shinori: I was suspicious of them at first, for reasons I had stated before, but in the events since then I think I'm leaning more Town. I had initially thought mind-games were being played, but based on things said since then I think I was making a newbie mistake. I can't really dispute that the actions taken don't make sense if Shinori was Mafia. So, for now, I'm reading more Town.

2. Aster: I had been reading "you're new, like me, that's why you're posts are what they are." But now, I'm starting to wonder if the defeatist attitude is genuine or not, it almost feels like it's being played a little over-the-top, like it's being forced. I'm kind of in the middle for this one, I think I'm shifting to being suspicious.

3. Ichigo: I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what else to add here. I thought they looked truthful, but I guess that could be an inexperienced misread by me and maybe that's just a deceptive playstyle. Right now I'm kind of unsure what to read for Ichigo.

4. Eury (you!): I can't think of any questions or concerns at this specific point in time, although I will note that I am reading you as "neutral" at the moment. Most of what I've seen has been big posts like this, and too many people have told me that these kind of posts are not indicative of an alignment, so I currently don't have a leaning one way or the other for you.

5. Bluedoom: At first it was more neutral, but now I'm leaning a little more Town. Nothing has seemed suspicious or inconsistent to me in their posts thus far. Neutral-Town.

I hope that helps explain what I was thinking, and what I'm currently thinking.

Admittedly a bit fencing on Ichigo + Myself (Null reads), but overall I think it was good, and had more backing it to claiming reads/votes based on XxY casing that DF was doing. It read more genuine effort to me, and an effort to put forth impressions of the content/players thus far, rather than the sheepy, "I repeat things that have been said, and offer nothing of my own in turn." sort of gameplay DF posed.

13 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hang on, I wasn't defending anyone. I only ever mentioned Ichigo when asked to give some reads on the players. There's a big difference between thinking someone was being truthful, initially, and defending someone. The only person I've really defended is myself, from Jamie, and given my thoughts on everyone else as they were at that moment in time.

Clarified what was being stated by DF, which I think is good, in the sense of not letting someone note/coast with a notion that could impact associations moving forward.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I also said Eury seemed to be helpful and friendly, in the same post I said Ichigo seemed genuine. And I've only now just said in my previous post that Bluedoom didn't seem suspicious to me. I've put multiple other players in better light than Jamie. It feels like you're drawing this connection between Ichigo and myself and it feels very arbitrary.

-- 
As a result, I'm far more comfortable with FEF's performance thus far than DF, hands down. 

On a side note (in a ninja'd post):

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Not gonna lie - FE Fan sometimes leaks newb town posts like this - but at other times leaks like they are being coached.

The underlined part is the ONLY thing I'm worried about, because their gameplay has felt actually decent for a true first timer's. But if this is the case, it beckon's the question as to WHOM the coaching player would be, as it would guarantee the other partner would NOT be one of the other newbies. 

*I don't think Scum!Nori would have commented on this directly if he were the one coaching FEF, just throwing this out there. Unless he'd get some sick ego trip commenting on it and has already ran 100 miles with my leg so far this game. And last game already proved that I'm a god awful teacher to scum peeps, so I'm far behind that caliber of teaching. 
If it ends up being the case, the only people I'd put in that spot to be the buddy would be: Bluedoom, Ichigo, or Jamie, but that list bothers me because 2 of the 3 I have no issues with atm, and will screw with everything I've considered thus far if it's NOT Jamie lol.

So my initial thought that I really should vote was correct, otherwise it'd be bad for myself and my alignment, is what I'm gleaming from this? I don't know if I have enough time before the phase ends to go back and re-read everything again to try and draw any new conclusions, but I guess I'm gonna have to try.

ugh I did say pre-game that i wouldn't be very active in this game, and I stand by it. I'm speedreading right now but boy howdy phase is ending soon what the heck i wasn't prepared for a day 1 right now

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

ugh I did say pre-game that i wouldn't be very active in this game, and I stand by it. I'm speedreading right now but boy howdy phase is ending soon what the heck i wasn't prepared for a day 1 right now

I mean yeah, you did, but you also promised content yesterday. 😞

You don't have to be super active, but popping in and giving us some posts once or so a day would be nice.

• D1
    • Unremarkable
    • Aster, I hope your day is going better now than it was a few days ago. Sucks to be demotivated and in a pressure situation like a mafia game
    • Ichigo, hello, whoever you are
    • Shinori x Aster feels like a legit town x town vibe session check. At worst, I can't see both being scum because they could just behind the scenes coach and chill, and doing it in public doesn't really achieve too much outside of making activity where there really isn't anything except unrelated emotions and fluff on the table. I'm not calling Aster's feelings fluff, but I wouldn't expect the two as scum to bounce back positive vibes like that in public.
  • D2
    • Shinori pulling Aster in with him for a vote-along seems even more town x town, or at least, more "they're not of the same alignment".
    • Shinori's also posting a lot. Post Counts don't matter bro
    • Ichigo poke at Aster for content feels a little basic
    • Townslip of the year IMO wrt Fates not understanding how the numbers of a 9p game work
    • Eury feels sarcastically defensive to Fates. I don't like it.
      • A little too laid back and chill and sarcastic and goofy. Feels weird. Might be a towntell but it's not vibing with me.
  • D3
    • Eury responds to Shinori's query about his crumb
      • The verbosity (verboseness? verbositude?) feels a bit much. Could've just posted the TLDR
    • Shinori is scumvibing Fates? Curious to see this elaboration, since I'm of the completely opposite thought process.
    • Jamie comes in fine and collected. He has no reason to be defensive or anything, and instead of pushing the bar of someone being scummy, he's defending someone as being possible town. Townreading this guy already.
      • A few more questions, and about Vet (PGO / Paranoid Gun Owner is the term we use on SF for Vet/Veteran, Jamie). Looks natural.
    • Fates and Aster overwhelmed. Feeling still good about them.

Posting this so I don't lost my post like I've already lost twice now.

12 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Important things - Jamie claimed watcher - was the original top wagon
Aster claimed insomniac
DF claim nothing and has gone mia - is the current top wagon.

I'd buy Insomniac as a role in this game.