Your Training Strategy  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Training Methods

• Train only your starter
    • Train only another Pokemon
    • Train my starter the most with others trained some
    • Train my whole team equally
    • Other

Which of these strategies do you usually use to train your Pokemon?

I personally train my starter the most with 1 or 2 others that I train a little bit to help counter types that are super-effective to my starter.

Vitamins, EV battle tower bracers, Pokerus, massive abuse on the trainer with the 6 magikarps.

Other, which ever Pokemon I put favoritism into, they'll be at least 10 levels higher than the team and everyone else is equal.

As for online, auto 100, oh yes for laziness.

I like to use only the water-type starter and an HM slave. In R/S/E/D/P/Pt I like to put Pokemon with the Pickup ability on my team in the empty spots. In R/S I usually catch five Zigzagoon's right off the bat, teach them all Cut, Rock Smash, and Strength, and keep all of them on my team until I get Fly, at which point I catch a Tropius in the tall grass and teach it Fly, and have it replace one of my five Ziggy's. Then when I need to use Dive and Waterfall, I try and catch some water pokemon that can learn the both of them (IIRC Tentacruel can, its been a while since I played without the Walk through Walls cheat, though, so I haven't had to use Waterfall).

Vitamins, EV battle tower bracers, Pokerus, massive abuse on the trainer with the 6 magikarps.

Other, which ever Pokemon I put favoritism into, they'll be at least 50 levels higher than the team and everyone else is equal.

As for online, auto 100, oh yes for laziness.

This, when i beat the game this play through my luxray was level 80, next highest was 21.

Edited by Noremac

When playing the main scenario, I always use 4 battling Pokémon, and 2 HM slaves (Tropius and Wailord on 3rd Gen, Bibarel and Pelliper on 4th Gen coupled with my main stay Gyarados' Waterfall). The four battling Pokémon are trained equally : as soon as one gets a level up, I train the others to get to the same level.

As for Pokémon I breed and train for competitive battles, I leave nothing to chance : I always go for correct Natures and Abilities, excellent IVs, and EV-train accordingly.

Edited by AceNoctali

I always train a team of six balanced Pokemon(as in, not too many overlapping weaknesses); all of them being equal in level with the exception of my starter, who is always one level higher than the others. The team needs to be able to use every HM in the game, and I refrain from using legendaries during the main adventure, as those are things no normal trainer would be able to get. I definetly have alot more fun doing this than just blasting through with my starter.

I used to breed for IVs, nature, and abilities and then properly EV train for competitive teams, but I sorta gave that up a while back. IV breeding just pisses me off.

Haven't played a Pokemon game in ages... I was very good at the R/B/Y games and could beat most people with my water team (after 9 years, I still remember their movesets), but I also had a more balanced team to compete with in tournaments.