OMG it's a tier list

Florete

I'm sort of confused at this.

Well, if you want to "permanently" abuse Resolve for offense, you need to be able to function well at half HP and below and you need to be able to easily manipulate your HP so that it stays in Resolve range without going too low. Mordy, like I said before, is 14HKO'd, if not better, by common enemies in 4-4 after Resolve, while Kyza is 2-3HKO'd and Boyd is likely 2HKO'd by the enemies that 3HKO Kyza. Mordy also has the highest Resolve HP of the bunch, meaning that his HP is slightly more easily manipulated with Herbs and Vulneraries.

I guess the drawback of using this strategy on laguz is that you can't Olivi Grass and heal in the same player phase, and conventional healing is a little too strong.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair on Boyd, he just doesn't become much of an Enemy Phase machine after Resolve. His real (and only) advantage in Resolve is that he can chuck Hand Axes across the enemies with no way to counterattack.

I'm sort of confused at this.

What I understood

Boyd has bad durability without it

Mordy has great durability without it

It fits Mordy better because he can take more hits, right?

I guess thats a no to Sigrun since Crossbows 1 shot kill her.

Well, she has durability issues even without Crossbows. She's locked into Silver Army, so even a Tanith support can't salvage her durability. 38HP/24DEF/115AVO. That's barely better than Kyza's 55HP/20DEF back in 3-4. Paladins 2HKO her if she's at half health.

And she has a pretty weaksauce 23-24STR. Even with max mt Silver, she's only packing 42mt, which often fails to 2HKO. Wildheart!Skrimir is beating her. Even her Stun% isn't great, only 37%, assuming neutral biorhythm.

Guest Avarice

Well, there's the fact that staff hit is affected by the wielder's proximity to the target. Though that's about all I know besides the obvious (wielder's Mag vs. target enemy's Res).

Staff accuracy = 30 + (Magic x 5) + Skill

Staff avoid = (Resistance x 5) + (Distance from enemy x 2)

Was the formula for staff hit in gba games and I believe it's still the same in PoR and RD.

Staff accuracy = 30 + (Magic x 5) + Skill

Staff avoid = (Resistance x 5) + (Distance from enemy x 2)

Was the formula for staff hit in gba games and I believe it's still the same in PoR and RD.

This is interesting info, thanks for sharing. I just confirmed that formula with a random 4-E-1 save that I had, Sleep staff Micaiah vs. some random enemies. The numbers all worked out perfectly (22 MAG/15 SKL Micaiah vs. a 22 RES General that was 4 squares away: 37 listed HIT). So I guess that it might have some implications for 3-13 Laura, who has ~115 HIT with Sleep at 10/1. Against an average Ike, at max range of her staff, that's ~61 listed, with up to ~73 point blank.

Incidentally, biorhythm has no effect on the success rate.

I notice that Brom (T) > Tauroneo > Brom. This seems a little bit off. Brom barely gets much of anything from his transfers. HP/DEF give him more durability, which he is not exactly begging for. His speed transfer is also not worth much. He only doubles the scrub level 12-14 enemies in 2-P, only starts doubling the mages in 2-2 (a thankless task when literally any character on your team 1-rounds them), and it lets him double a bare handful of Armours in 2-E. Perhaps I'm underrating the value of these transfers, but they seem minute and far insufficient to fix Brom's weaksauce offense, and I don't see why they should propel him above Tauroneo.

Well, if you want to "permanently" abuse Resolve for offense, you need to be able to function well at half HP and below and you need to be able to easily manipulate your HP so that it stays in Resolve range without going too low. Mordy, like I said before, is 14HKO'd, if not better, by common enemies in 4-4 after Resolve, while Kyza is 2-3HKO'd and Boyd is likely 2HKO'd by the enemies that 3HKO Kyza. Mordy also has the highest Resolve HP of the bunch, meaning that his HP is slightly more easily manipulated with Herbs and Vulneraries.

I guess the drawback of using this strategy on laguz is that you can't Olivi Grass and heal in the same player phase, and conventional healing is a little too strong.

I can't think of any other better candidate for resolve than Mordecai.

Resolve is basically why Mordecai is where he is now. He used to be considerably lower, though in the same tier.

Silly Interceptor.You forget the wise ideals of our deceased friend Smash Fanatic.A unit who ORKO's everything on the map while being 4HKO'd is worse than a unit who 12RKO's everything but is invincible,because durability is >>>>>>>> All.This is even more so if Unit A is female,and unit B is male.

>_>...some people are far too particular.We all know how he overrated excessive durability.

Is there anything wrong with being able to survive nigh 100% of the time? You exaggerate his ignorance.

Is there anything wrong with being able to survive nigh 100% of the time? You exaggerate his ignorance.

Most units in this game are capable of surviving without needing overkill durability while maintaining offense that actually exists.

Yet it was the premier thing on his mind,I don't know where it is,but I recall an argument similar to the following:

-Oscar get's an Ike support because it makes him invincible.

-But that not only screws up Mia and Titania,who have much better offense than him,but they both become nearly as durable as he would anyway.

-That doesn't matter,because you lose out on an invincible Oscar,and Ike is less durable with them.

-Since when does Ike care about durability anyway?He's fine.if anything,Ike worries that Oscar's mediocre offense slows him down!By letting Ike support Mia and Oscar support Titania,you get 4 units with more than enough durability,3 of which have superb offense,if ike supports Oscar,then you get two needlessly durable units,one of which has good offense,and you have two units who now have trouble applying their great offense,because you gipped their durability.

-Lolz...you trollin...

Smash never overrated durability. He just failed to understand the purpose of durability. Durability is good because it allows characters to survive counters and deal damage on enemy phase. Since a character like Shinon has no way to deal good damage on enemy phase, for example, his durability is worthless, and since Gatrie does not move fast enough to be exposed to multiple enemies, his durability is worthless, and since Oscar doesn't have good offense, his durability is blah blah blah. So he would give characters points for durability even when they couldn't do anything useful with it. Mordecai can do something useful with his durability, that is, make use of Resolve.

At a certain point durability doesn't really help efficiency any more because said character can take on enough enemies in the enemy phase that being able to take on additional enemies is not very important, since it's not as if every enemy on the map will be attacking you at once.

And yes, supporting IkexOscar is very questionable.

He overrated Mordecai too though. Probably because he skimmed over Mordecai dealing with gauge and being locked to 1 range, not to mention having to get into Resolve range in the first place.

Edited by -Cynthia-

oh noes, Smash thinks different to I do and got it wrong.

-Lolz...you trollin...

Lulz, you spamming.

Anyway, to keep this from being completely off topic, I made a few points about Mist (T) that were never really countered. Thoughts?

He overrated Mordecai too though. Probably because he skimmed over Mordecai dealing with gauge and being locked to 1 range, not to mention having to get into Resolve range in the first place

I think the argument was that you could untransform Mordecai. In any case, the hawks have the same problems except less availabiltiy and flight, so I think the gap between them coudl stand to close.

Edited by Kirsche

Well that's the normal method yes, but that requires exposing Mordecai to a specific # of enemies (enough to put him in Resolve range, but not kill him obviosuly), which is usually not efficient.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Well that's the normal method yes, but that requires exposing Mordecai to a specific # of enemies (enough to put him in Resolve range, but not kill him obviosuly), which is usually not efficient.

It's not exactly hard to do though, thanks to his high mov.

31 atk puts base Mordecai in Resolve range after 1 round. A few enemies have that in 3-4. Surprising, fewer enemies have that in 3-7, but in 3-8 all sorts of warriors, halbs, generals, snipers, and even an SM have at least 31 atk, so getting untransformed Mordecai into Resolve range isn't that hard.

Also, 30 atk is 1 HP short of putting Mordecai in Resolve range. There are still enemies with >32 atk that can put at least 1 HP damage on Mordecai.

The thing is you have to put him in range of just one enemy (perhaps two), or he's going to end up taking heavy damage. It's not hard to find an enemy to take him into Resolve range, I just question how many hits he might take in the process. I guess you can position your other units to help with this, but that might be hurting efficiency if you're forcing them to check their movement just so Mordy can have decent offense.