Movies are trash these days.

Destiny Hero

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really shouldn't ever judge someone by their age. I've run into people who do that all my life and I've proved every one of them wrong.

You may think that, but I doubt it's true. No offense to you, but some things you only learn by getting older. Everyone has to accept that. I hated going through that thought process, but I've realized how right those people were.

Movies are definitely "dirtier" today than they used to be, but hey, so is the rest of the world. People change, and so do the things they create. Flow with it.

This is just my personal opinion, but I think one reason why many art forms seem to be getting worse is that there are only so many good ideas. Nowadays, there are so many movies that hardly anything is original any more. And a lot of attempts to be original fall flat on their face, because most good ideas have been used, leaving only the crappy ideas. Don't get me wrong, there are good movies/music that have been made recently, but real hits have been less frequent. And I think many movies like Iron Man and the Dark Knight wouldn't have been liked near as much if they weren't competing with a bunch of crappy flicks.

As for movies getting much more dirty, I agree completely. If you ask me, excessive swearing means that the writers couldn't think of anything intelligent to say, so they just threw a swear word in there. I avoid movies that swear a bunch or have many suggestive scenes. I'd like movies to entertain the intelligent part of my brain, not my basic animal instincts. And it is parent's responsibility to steer their kids away from this garbage. But many parents aren't doing their job, and they let their kids watch all the wrong stuff. At the age of 15, I've seen 1 R movie (possibly 2, I don't know the rating of one movie that may be R) and have briefly played 1 M-rated game. And the movies I have seen, my parents agreed that I could see. That's how it should be, the ratings are there for a reason.

Real life can be trash too. Looking at these people who are simple-minded (or even just plain stupid), hypocritical, etc, etc.

Which is why I rather have a small number of friends.

I HATE thoughts like these. The world may have stupid/ignorant people, but COME ON. I think your lack of friends comes from the superiority complex I believe you to have.

I HATE thoughts like these. The world may have stupid/ignorant people, but COME ON. I think your lack of friends comes from the superiority complex I believe you to have.

You can have a lot of friends and still have those kind of thoughts, I myself have friends and think that life really is kind of sucky, still Im obviously not saying these thoughts when doing small talk, I have some friends that sympathize with me others that just don't care about that. But humankind and life really sucks more than it is good.

Movies are trash these days. They really make America look like a country of shitbags. My brothers got Step Brothers and Tropic Thunder and they watched them. For some reason, the writers of those movies think that they need to include fuck, shit, and any other word they can think of in nearly every line possible. What the hell happened to the FCC or whoever the hell censors things?
Censorship is bullshit.

Anyways, Tropic Thunder and Step Brothers only exist for comedy. Anyone who takes them seriously should be shot.

They're rated R for a reason, too.

You can have a lot of friends and still have those kind of thoughts, I myself have friends and think that life really is kind of sucky, still Im obviously not saying these thoughts when doing small talk, I have some friends that sympathize with me others that just don't care about that. But humankind and life really sucks more than it is good.

True enough. I'm actually being a hypocrit, as I believe it to a degree. I'm a pessimist who wants to be an optimist :(

The next generation of kids is going to be so horrible, they'd be better off dead.

*Points at Destiny Hero* TO LATE!!!![/jk]

Anyway yeah, if you don't like, don't watch, their are plenty of movies that don't include that type of thing.

I personally hate comedies that just spew profanity with no actual jokes, but if the script is funny the swearing doesn't really matter to me.

Also, when you describe EVERYTHING as trash, people take you far less seriously.

Edited by Toa Lord Sothe

I actually kind of agree with you here. I mean, I have tons of friends, and not all of them are smart. But I don't really care. I've never met a person who've I've actually hated, because no-one's really THAT bad. It's all just a matter of perspective.

What the hell happened to the FCC or whoever the hell censors things?

Censorship is for narrowminded fools..

and as for age..i probably have you all beat there being 27..heh

Animated films are a joke lately..i hate that no one draws their movies anymore..(anime doesnt count..and im getting a little tired of anime fanboys/fangirls..seriously theres more out there folks)

Most of Disneys releases arent very good..some exceptions apply like Wall-E..that was good (damn near no dialogue rules!)

and there are some gems out there in the movie world..you may have to sift through the dump to get the good..

the last really good one i saw was Twilight..dont believe me? read the book, the movie is so close!!

I go to the movies alot actually so i see alot of flims..I just got back from seeing the Spirit and that was decent..saying all american movies are trash is a naive blanket statement...

Censorship is for narrowminded fools..

and as for age..i probably have you all beat there being 27..heh

Animated films are a joke lately..i hate that no one draws their movies anymore..(anime doesnt count..and im getting a little tired of anime fanboys/fangirls..seriously theres more out there folks)

Most of Disneys releases arent very good..some exceptions apply like Wall-E..that was good (damn near no dialogue rules!)

and there are some gems out there in the movie world..you may have to sift through the dump to get the good..

the last really good one i saw was Twilight..dont believe me? read the book, the movie is so close!!

I go to the movies alot actually so i see alot of flims..I just got back from seeing the Spirit and that was decent..saying all american movies are trash is a naive blanket statement...

Twilight the book is trash. Wouldnt that make the movie trash too?

I actually liked Stepbrothers and Tropic Thunder. I actually found the gags in both to be funny (It wasn't just a stream of cussing, though a good deal of Tropic Thunder's jokes were inside jokes to the movie industry.), and I thought Robert Downey, Jr. did a damn good job in Tropic Thunder. In fact, I actually enjoyed several movies listed in this thread, such as The Incredibles, Zohan, PotC, Kung Fu Hustle, ect. TT had the swearing for shock value,

just like with Ben Stiller tonguing the inside of a decapitated head

, which holds true for Stepbrothers as well (

Will Ferrel rubbing his nutsack on the drum set, the penis-eating guy, ect.

)

This is kind of ridiculous. You cannot possibly judge the entire world at your age. You, Destiny Hero, are the best example of That generic teenager who thinks that he's the best, and everything else sucks. For your sake, I hope you grow out of it.

No one should take anything that Destiny Hero says as serious (or thought-out for that matter). It's seems that today, the directors are picking up the pieces of the movie industry, which was made a mockery of by shitty remakes and horror flicks. I saw Frost/Nixon last night and it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

the remaking of movies is getting old and tiresome...i saw a trailer for the remake of Friday the 13th and almost vomited..i really wish theyd come up with their own ideas for once...

I wanna see Frost/Nixon! i loved The Queen and thats made by the same people..the Queen was excellent, using real footage for the film..does Frost/Nixon do the same thing?

Oh and if you ask me, anything Will Smith touches turns awesome...

oh dont worry..the angst goes away at about 20 or so for most boys...its a long road but it happens..

kids will be kids..

I'm not angsty. :<

the remaking of movies is getting old and tiresome...i saw a trailer for the remake of Friday the 13th and almost vomited..i really wish theyd come up with their own ideas for once...

Karate Kid remake.

I lol'd.

I think the main reason we think of films as trash these days is simply nostalgia.

We tend to forget there was crappy movies back in the old days and just filter them out of our consciousnesses.

But I do wish movie makers would stop over depending on CG.

I just watched the 1959 classic Ben Hur and that chariot race is beyond amazing, it looks so real because not a hint of CG was used.

But don't take my word for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbQvpJsTvxU