why must eliwood fail?!?!?

riariadne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I mean about the bonuses not being as generous as you might wish come endgame.

... But that is a good idea... Yeah, I think I'll give him the Uber Spear.

NOTE: Awesome! 200th post!

Edited by Sniper Unleashed

The Uber Spear bonuses aren't generous? It's a B class weapon, it's really good, y'know!

Considerably better than some Upper class weapons, and not taking the bonuses in consideration.

*sigh* yes, the uberspear bonuses are generous, but come endgame, you'd wish it gave you 1 more HP.

If you still dont get it, its because the fire dragon always deals 37 damage and never misses. The Uberspear gives you +14 HP and a bunch of other nice bonuses. Even if you fought it with a lanceweilder with max HP and the uberspear equipped, the firedragon will always 2round your character, 1round if they were craptastically slow because 60 + 14 is 74.

NOW do you get it?

The Uber Spear raises maximum HP by 17 according to the main site. (I haven't played FE7 in forever, so I can't confirm this.)

Come to think of it, is it even a good idea to attack the dragon with the Spear? I would think one of legendary weapons or Luna would be a better choice.

Edited by Gustave

i tried the mine glitch on chapter 14 to see if it worked. i was playing on gamecube, so i hit the reset button instead of turning it off/on, but I reset when i think I actually activated the glitch. i ended up restarting though, so there was no real loss :D

You didn't tell it was unfair against the dragon. Still not surprised, why would you use other weapons than anything from Athos/Armads/Sol Katti/Durandal?

Actually, isn't 98 over 100 real hit? If 97 is 99.85 real hit, then surely 98 is over 100. Am I right?

Uhh...

Displayed hit and true hit are both probabilities and can't exceed 100%. There's an article on the main website that gives the true hit corresponding to each value of displayed hit, but 98% displayed hit is 99.94% true hit.

I didn't. I'm good at math.

Except that P being between 0 and 1, inclusive, is one of the most basic concepts of probability >.>

Edited by dondon151

It being heavy doesn't matter against Nergal. Nergal himself is a snail, and his weapon is as accurate as a homing missile and 2HKOs him either way.

It doesn't? Then explain Eliwood having a 65 percent chance of hitting Nergal. Honestly, I don't like to take too many chances when it comes to final bosses in these games...

It doesn't? Then explain Eliwood having a 65 percent chance of hitting Nergal. Honestly, I don't like to take too many chances when it comes to final bosses in these games...

Durandal being heavy has nothing to do with its accuracy.

Anyway, it has 90 hit (as much as Iron Sword). Nergal has 15 Spd, 20 Luk and 10 con, so he loses 2 AS from his spell, making that 13 AS and 20 Luk. So we're looking at 43 avo. Without any help from Eliwood's Skl or Luk stats, he would have 47 hit. He would need only 18 base hit to have that much hit on Nergal as you had. Guess what? Eliwood has 5 Skl and 7 Luk at base level, giving him 17.

So for that chance to be real, your Eliwood must have grown only 2 Luk and no Skl at all.

It's considerably evil in FE4, and in fact it's even more evil than in FE7. Yeah, the RNG is a bitch to deal with...

Just thinking of FE4's RNG makes me want to cry...It made that game almost impossible for me to play...that, and I generally just suck at Fire Emblem. >.>;

Eliwood does fail. He always ends up being the worst lord in the end.

At least he's a little better than his son. :/

I usually give him dragonshield and Angelic robe and that always seems to help! XD

I usually give him dragonshield and Angelic robe and that always seems to help! XD

Without stat boosters, he sucks, though. :S

Its too bad you have to stick with him throughout the whole game. He doesn't even have a personality. :/