How hard is Hard5

I can't really say for certain since I've only finished the first three chapters, but I found that it's pretty easy.

Then again, opinion depends on the person's skill and so on. Therefore, asking this question isn't very wise.

It's harder than HHM. It will challenge your patience at the very least. Details are very important, there is no room for mistakes. You'll spend a lot of time checking stats, range etc.

That is my experience. Though my experience is limited at the moment...

Edited by Tamara

It's harder than HHM. I'd say it's also harder than FE6 HM, and in much of the same ways, except Jeigan sucks even more than Marcus. Whether it's harder than Thracia is hard to determine, since Thracia's way of enforcing difficulty is different. FEDS HM5 just throws superstrong enemies at you, but they're not huge in number. Thracia uses more subtle methods, but is nonetheless unforgiving with 100% accurate infinite range Sleep staves, massive enemy leadership boosts, flawed RNG, teleporting enemies, etc.

The fact that it can be compared to FE5 should say enough though.

Apparently FE5 isn't too bad if you're not trying to rank the game, so FEDS H5 likely takes the cake playing it normally.

Nobody has ever tried ranking FEDS though, since there are none. I'm planning on making some for people to follow (I hope it brings some success.)

FE5 isn't hard but it is very annoying in some cases.

Ranking is all about playing fast, which is charging. In FE5, in some cases, you have to charge while defending. Chapter 13 is an example. You get hit by a lot of ballistae and bow knights from the back while rushing to the castle.

And ballistae are VERY good in FE5.

Edited by Julius

Ranking is all about playing fast, which is charging.

FE5 ranking isn't really playing. As far as I know, you play Elite Mode, and you reset the first few chapters a bunch of times until your Leaf and some others have a gazillion movement growths. You train Othin and Asvel, and whore Saphy to A staves as fast as you can. Then you abuse Warp + Repair to finish a lot of chapters in 1-2 turns, grab some other staff users along the way, making use of their infinite range to get more Warp staves, recruit units, get Rescue ready, etc. And you break your skull when recruiting Xavier in like 8 turns.

FE5 ranking isn't really playing. As far as I know, you play Elite Mode,

I was definitely not talking about SSS ranking, which is wayyyyyyyyyy different than other kinds of rankings. I've attempted it myself but it was too much of a pain in the ass to do.

And I was giving an example of normal FE5 playing. Sometimes playing FE5 feels like you're ranking, which made me give an example of Chapter 13. I'm sure you remember that chapter.

Edited by Julius

Well, the reason why FE5 enforces that feeling is because the more you fight, the more fatigue you build up, and the more weapon uses you waste. And weapons have to be stolen, or bought from money you get from selling stolen stuff, which is fairly limited. The only way to break out of that is arena abuse or some other kind of abuse (the kind that fatigues one character a lot, for example getting repeatedly attacked by something at range while holding Elite Sword, or stealing then stealing back with a thief).

I'm not going to try and claim FEDS is harder, since it's FE1 and doesn't have fatique and capturing and such. It is a straight up game of pure stats.

Playing fast on H5 mode is going to be hard though, even if the first ten chapters alone have a total number of turns that almost amount to SSS Ranking FE5. >_>

Basically, if you're not ranking FE5, anything Shiva can't solo can be worked around and exploited just as easily. Stack on the HP/Def/Res scrolls/stat boosters on him and he's a freaking death machine.

C22 what with Rinehart and 22 leadership stars is a perfect example of this. It looks pretty goddamn scary until you remember you can just warp-skip the chapter. You'll lose the Holy Sword, but SCREW the holy sword, it sucks [meh stats, bad user] and if you got Eyrios instead, whose Sol manual will definitly help you out more than Olwen ever can, then you won't even CARE about losing the holy sword.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah