Re-classing

Doom103

I have not played the game but it sounds like it makes it to easy.
Not for 98% of the characters in the game. Only two characters become broken from it, and that's only because they already have ridiculous WTHECK defense growths. Edited by FE3 Player

Reclassing most definitely wasn't in FE1.

I guess I like it because it allows more variety. For one, I can finally do a mage girl playthrough, although it's not quite as fun as I imagined (since most physical characters have crap magic and vice versa).

I think it had potential, but it wasn't really polished enough. The set thing kind of ticks me off as well as the rather nazi-limit. What fun is class swapping if you can't use a massive army of Wyverns?

Also didn't really like the growth changes. I think this would have been a lot better if we'd been given Fixed Mode, since that really allows you to say "use Merc Barst for 5 levels to allow him to double this and that, then switch to Fighter in order to cap his Str before promotion" or something like that.

In a game where characters have a problem distinguishing themselves as it is, with 90% of them only having recruitment and death lines, and some of them even only death lines, this only makes them look even more generic. If your personality, class and growths aren't unique about a unit, what is? Their portrait?

The set thing kind of ticks me off as well as the rather nazi-limit. What fun is class swapping if you can't use a massive army of Wyverns?
Balance reasons. Having sets of classes is the only thing even keeping some classes in play.
Also didn't really like the growth changes. I think this would have been a lot better if we'd been given Fixed Mode, since that really allows you to say "use Merc Barst for 5 levels to allow him to double this and that, then switch to Fighter in order to cap his Str before promotion" or something like that.
You can use Class Swap to alter the stat averages of units at least, so if you need Barst to gain extra speed before going back to Fighter, you can.

I think Class Swap as a system itself is completely perfect down to the growth rate setup. The only things wrong with it are issues that would still exist without class swap.

I think Class Swap as a system itself is completely perfect down to the growth rate setup. The only things wrong with it are issues that would still exist without class swap.

I agree with this.

The class system isn't unbalanced, it's the characters that are.

Balance reasons. Having sets of classes is the only thing even keeping some classes in play.

That depends on how much better you make one class than another. As it is now, Merc/Hero seems by far the strongest class, not worth using over, say, Myrmidon in any way. If they made Merc more balanced and gave it less amazing Spd, it wouldn't be that way. Then again, depends on modes as well.

You can use Class Swap to alter the stat averages of units at least, so if you need Barst to gain extra speed before going back to Fighter, you can.

All you can do is hope that extra bit of growth is going to help you, but the difference is, afaik, fairly minor.

That depends on how much better you make one class than another. As it is now, Merc/Hero seems by far the strongest class, not worth using over, say, Myrmidon in any way. If they made Merc more balanced and gave it less amazing Spd, it wouldn't be that way. Then again, depends on modes as well.

The problem with this is, units that are heroes can't become swordmasters. There are some characters that shine in their role, and others that do not. Heroes also cap lower than swordmasters.

I personally haven't seen any real reason to say the class swapping system itself isn't balanced. Within the 3 groups of classes, (paladins, heroes, females) there are good and bad characters.

Like I said before, the main problems with Class Swap are ones that would exist even without it. Heroes being a dominant class is one of those.

Not for 98% of the characters in the game. Only two characters become broken from it, and that's only because they already have ridiculous WTHECK defense growths.

Do you mean Sedgar and Wolf? I don't think it makes the game unbalnced, I made Barst a pirate and as a berserker he was amazing. I think making Sedgar a general could make H5 easier which could help.

Sedgar as a General is too good for H5. I don't recommend using him as a General for your first H5 playthrough. Keep him as Hero.

Why because it makes it too easy. I like a challenge but not that big of a challenge

Barts actually has awesome base Str as a Merc. Ogma doesn't catch up in averages until around level 19 or 20 because of that.

Barts may actually be the superior Merc despite having only 20% Strength growth. When you're winning in pretty much every other stat except HP (which is only a slight loss and Defense makes up for it), yeah, I think Barts has a good case as a Mercenary.

Edited by FE3 Player

The more I play around with class swapping, the more I like it. It adds a whole new dimension to the game and makes some units way more useful than they were in the original. I reclassed about half the people I use, but many of those units would not have been used if class swapping had not be possible. The pegasus sisters really shine as paladins, snipers or swordmasters. Or how about a swordmaster Merric with a Levin Sword? Fun!

I enjoy the aspect of Reclassing in FE 11. Really brings characters to new heights, despite sometimes having great characters' growths utterly destroyed, its great. Barst Merc>Ogma Merc by a longshot. His base defense and str will already give Ogma a run for his money. Plus in NM, Linde<Peg. Knight is a great move. Yeah, i said it :). Yeah, personal experience means nothing, but tbh, she matched my 20/2 Catria easily. Just have to give up Aura, which is a ledgendary weapon sadface.