Ocarina

Destiny Hero

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABANDON THREAD!!!!!!

You really, really need to learn to follow tangents better than this. Hypocrite.

And also, there are dozens of other new methods of composition that I can think of, but I think that would be the subject for another day...

Edited by Edgard Varése

Is this thread called "Music"? No, it's not. They're off-topic now >:(

ABANDONED!!!!

Okay, look, kid, you said your Ocarina produced 26 notes, right? I asked if that included quarter tones. Aphrodite went off on a tangent about quarter tones and I kept them going further on that tangent. Yes, it did veer from the topic, but we got to that point logically instead of somebody butting in and saying a completely unrelated comment.

Now, if I had been off topic, it would've run something like this:

Person 1: Ocarinas are the best!

Person 2: I can do the Song of Time!

Person 3: Really? Let's hear it!

Myself: No! Let's listen to 3 Quarter Tone Pieces by Charles Ives!

If anything, you're the one who's derailing the topic worse than the rest of us. So if you can't take the heat, why the hell are you still here? Shut the fuck up, and get the fuck out.

if i may, sometimes you learn more from going on a tangent than from whatever the topic was about. and in this situation, it was infinitely more interesting than you knowing how to play two songs on an ocarina. i learned something really interesting and cool, and was introduced to a radical new concept of music, something which your original topic idea didn't do at all.

now, i don't want to sound like an ass, but sometimes, instead of whining and complaining about something you don't understand, maybe you should make an effort and learn something new.

it is completely natural for a topic to kinda steer away after a while. after all, there's only so much about you having an ocarina that we can actually talk about. perhaps you shouldn't be so uptight about it. you might learn something and broaden that abysmally small mind of yours.

so, may you have a good day, and i wish you fair fortune in your life. but if you're going to be a jerk about everything, maybe you should re-evaluate your life.

Edited by Aphrodite

Does anyone else here play the Ocarina? I've been practicing, but I have to do it quietly so I cover the hole where the air comes out instead of the thumbhole and it works the same but quieter. So far I can do:

Bolero of Fire (8 notes lol memorized it)

Happy Birthday Song (Yeah, laugh it up)

Song of Time

Kokiri Forest

I've got to say, the Ocarina is fabulous.

Yes, I do, I also play a flute.

Ocarinas are sure fabulous, where did you get the notes for the Zelda songs?

Does anyone else here play the Ocarina? I've been practicing, but I have to do it quietly so I cover the hole where the air comes out instead of the thumbhole and it works the same but quieter. So far I can do:

Bolero of Fire (8 notes lol memorized it)

Happy Birthday Song (Yeah, laugh it up)

Song of Time

Kokiri Forest

I've got to say, the Ocarina is fabulous.

I have an ocarina. I'm not very good with it. Better off with recorder. From Zelda, I can play the songs Zelda's lullaby and Song of Time entirely. Thn the basic parts of the other ocarina songs used in the game.

Yes, I do, I also play a flute.

Ocarinas are sure fabulous, where did you get the notes for the Zelda songs?

http://www.songbirdocarina.com

I ordered mine online from them, and they send you a free songbook with it, which is half Zelda, half other crap, with tips in it, too. For 5 bucks you can get a pretty big Zelda songbook, but it's harder to read.

http://www.songbirdocarina.com

I ordered mine online from them, and they send you a free songbook with it, which is half Zelda, half other crap, with tips in it, too. For 5 bucks you can get a pretty big Zelda songbook, but it's harder to read.

I'd imagine that a bigger book would be easier to read. Unless they also shrunk the music you read from or something?

I'd imagine that a bigger book would be easier to read. Unless they also shrunk the music you read from or something?

No, the notes aren't as easy to read. It has symbols in it that aren't explained, so a couple notes in it I don't know how to sound.

No, the notes aren't as easy to read. It has symbols in it that aren't explained, so a couple notes in it I don't know how to sound.

Hm...

Could you by chance show me what you mean? (I could probably figure out what it is for you...)