Why do use you certain people

Doom103

I use people because I like the way they look or act, I don't care how good they are, I didn't use Oscar and I hear he is amazing, I didn't use lowen because I didn't like him and I hear he turns out good.

So why do you pick people?

It depends on what I'm doing. If I want to tackle something I've never tried before and I know it's difficult, I'll go with who I think is best. Otherwise I pick them at random but make sure that my decision won't give me too much trouble unless I'm looking for a challenge.

Favoritism.

Mostly by their looks and personalities. Sometimes by their stats or growths, depends on how good they turned out to be.

If they failed on both categories, then sucks to be them. I won’t touch them, EVER.

I do it by personality and ususally who I want to support with who this playthrough. I like to know all my characters. Sometimes I do just take a liking to certain ones through unexplained circumstances like: Calill, Matthew, Devdan, Sain,or Janaff. I also like characters who are funny and the few who just impress me with their asskicking ability such as Ephraim (the best lord in my opinion since he taught me that spears kick ass in a lord's hands with his critical animation), Hector, Nephanee, Erk, or Kieran. I also love Swordmasters and wish there could be lord who was an Archer. ^_^

Edited by killaGAW

A combination of looks and personality. Looks is the main deciding factor followed by personality. Stats mean very little to me if I don't care about the characters. I usually find a way to make my faves good so I don't have to use characters that I don't care about that are statistically "better".

Edited by KSFF2150

A combination of looks, stats, and personality. Personality being the least important because I can grow to accept/like any personality, and I don't just want plain numbers to decide who I use, so appearance is the most important for me. ^^

That doesn't mean I don't like some personalities more than others, nor does it mean I never use people with bad stats or who look 'questionable', like Gonzales.

Also, I like to alternate between people each playthrough. I find it rather dull using the same people every playthrough, which is why I do it. (Lords are an exception, of course.)

Edited by Fireman

personality I feel is my most deciding factor, basically do I like them or not, period; looks are generally moot for me because everyone looks respectable in my opinion, like there are some characters -i.e. Wolt, Dieck, Innes, Kieran, Muarim- that I think look fine but I just don't use them much because I'm not too interested in them :mellow: it's nice if they're stats are good but a challenge is welcome too

Edited by Lyude

Generally favoritism. I like to play with characters having a good combination of personnality, stats, and looks. Looks being the less important, as I love using Gonzales in FE6 and Makalov in FE9, for example.

But that doesn't mean I'm closed to some characters. I like using them on at least one of my playthroughs.

Favoritism. Mostly on personality, never by the looks.

Sometimes it depends on the class-Gonzales, but I didn't choose him just for that.

I decide with a combination of their looks, stats and how I think they'll turn out. I've found that super overpowered characters in the beginning never turn out good, and that weak, nearly impossible to train people turn out very strong. I think like a game developer and then just guess and use whoever can help my team at the moment.

Plus, I talk with my friends who also have the game and see how some characters turn out.

I always switch up which characters I use. Experimenting with different characters and combinations is one of the things that I like about Fire Emblem. I will always use my favorite characters if possible.

i use people based on their potential really...appearance doesnt matter that much..

i really dont like jeigan type characters that much because i know theres weaker units that turn out to be really awesome (like Laura)..i try to see how every character will turn out..

In my first playthroughs, I use whoever I think will end up good. Their appearance, personality, and how much I like them are hardly an issue there. In following playthroughs, I use units I like(based off looks, personality, class, etc), and units I haven't used before. Over 7 RD playthroughs, I have used every beorc unit atleast once, and most laguz units atleast once.

Alright, I'm really wierd...

I combine everything, really.

First or so time through:

I often use characters that are good upon joining, especially if they are Percival or Seth epic upon joining. I also randomly nab units that fit my play style, or just random units I think will be fun to use. In addition, if a certain character gets my attention for personality or appearance (lol Sigrun [<3], Lucius, Soren, Ilyana, Lowen, blah blah blah) I'll use them.

So I guess I need to mention my playstyle type things:

I tend to favor using lots of units that kill things fast. I like doing things fast. Maybe I just favor good units or something, but I like success. :D

On subsequent playthroughs I tend to try to use most of the units, and then playthrough with lots of good units, lots of bad ones, themes, whatever.