What is more conveniant: Fixed or Random mode?

I was wondering which mode is the most conventional way of a speed run. I got Radiant dawn, but unfortunately, I got the game with the "easy mode" glitch. Now I must play through it again on normal mode in order to transfer any data over. And I want to play it as soon as possible, but not unless I transfer my PoR data. Do anyone have good advice?

Edited by Blaze340

Fixed mode benefits: Your stats never get RNG screwed. They always turn out average or a little higher.

Fixed mode drawbacks: You can't exactly get RNG blessed.

Random mode benefits: There's a chance some of your units will have higher stats than on average.

Random mode drawbacks: There's a chance some of your units will have lower stats than on average.

So I would say Fixed Mode is better for people who don't want the unexpected to happen to their units or people who would simply rather have everything be broken down into an equation. Random mode is better for people willing to take a risk with stats.

Edited by Fireman

I'd say use random mode so you can reset for capping certain stats, which is the main reason to transfer to Radiant Dawn.

*Sigh* Guess I will be going for Random then. Takes so long that I wanted to see if Fixed mode will speed up the process and give me decent stats. Well, at least the bands will making things alittle simpler...

Edited by Blaze340

i prefer random mode..sometimes the RNG blesses people like Mist or Rolf making them uber..i like the element of surprise..

oh btw, is there a way to fix the easy mode glitch in RD? or is it unfixable?

i prefer random mode..sometimes the RNG blesses people like Mist or Rolf making them uber..i like the element of surprise..

oh btw, is there a way to fix the easy mode glitch in RD? or is it unfixable?

Send your copy of RD to Nintendo. They should be able to fix it up and send it back to you.

Send your copy of RD to Nintendo. They should be able to fix it up and send it back to you.

Yeah, I heard about that. But I felt that it would be much quicker to just play it on normal mode whether than send it in. I had bought RD about 2 weeks ago, returned it to gamestop after I encountered the glitch and got another used RD, which got the same problem as the first one I got from them. And theres not a single game outlet around here that has RD in stock lol. New or Used, which sucks. So I guess tonight I will be restarting a normal mode run. At least I get closer to unlocking ashnard in the trial maps. I got everyone except him....

Edited by Blaze340