Faval vs Shinon (FE10)

thanibomb

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what's the point of using Faval? :X

I only raised him to promote him, and then I fully benched him.

Arena, Silver Bow, and Elite Ring are enough.

Hit issues against what? With Holyn as his dad, he joins with 112 hit, and he has 95% Skl growth. And his stats allow him to use the Killer Bow (+30 hit), with which he's pretty much guaranteed to win the arena. And enemies have supershit evade. Faval has several problems, but accuracy is not one of them.

Faval wins player phase offense on paper against Shinon. You can't really deny 43 base Atk with a Prf weapon. Shinon can do enemy phase with Crossbows, but they suck, so it's not worth a lot. Faval has a movement problem though (FE4 dudes have mounts and move pretty much unhindered), while Shinon doesn't as much (mounts are very often hindered).

For the rest, there's little point in comparing.

Hit issues against what?

Holy weapon users.

Faval with 27 skill and 30 luck and Ichival has 124 hit. He has 31 accuracy against Julius. He has extreme hit issues against Alvis, some hit issues against Ishtar.

Edited by Julius

Luck is not factored into accuracy in FE4. And either way, _everyone_ and their mom except for Holsety Sety/Arthur/Corple, Celice and Aless has hit issues against those. It's like saying Shinon has trouble one-rounding Auras or something.

Those are also all of three (five if you count Ishtar three times) bosses in the entire game. Against every other enemy, he's fine.

Luck is not factored into accuracy in FE4.

Oh cool, that makes it easier for me.

Celice and Aless

Mistoltin has 10 more accuracy than Ichival, and has a +20 skill bonus... 40 more hit than Faval.

Tyrfing has +10 skill bonus and 80 accuracy. About 20 hit more than Faval, which is pretty nice.

Those are also all of three (five if you count Ishtar three times) bosses in the entire game. Against every other enemy, he's fine.

He does have hit issues against some bosses. Hilda comes to mind. Boyce from the Epilogue has 59 evade.. and once you factor in leadership..

And those are the most important bosses, the strongest ones, hardest ones to kill, and Faval has hit issues against them. Not cool Faval.

Edited by Julius

He does have hit issues against some bosses. Hilda comes to mind.

It's not about the hit issues when you go against Hilda. It's more like his survival's chance seeing his non-existance MDF.

Accuracy = (Skill x 2) + weapon Accuracy + Leadership bonus + Charisma bonus + Lover bonus + Weapon triangle bonus

Just saying.

Edited by TheEnd

I don't think we're factoring in leadership bonus, charisma bonus and lover bonus and all those.

In a ranked playthrough you just can't count on them being there.

Edited by Julius

I don't think we're factoring in leadership bonus, charisma bonus and lover bonus and all those.

Skill x2.

You aren't serious when you talk about FE4 ranked playthroughs, right? But that's beside my point.

Edited by TheEnd

Oh, but in ranked playthrough (children only), it's safer if you have Selis/Delmud/Nanna along with you all the time.

Selis is obviously for conquering the castle, Nanna and Delmud because they are handy for their Charisma, plus they are mounted units, they wouldn't lag behind.

Edited by Fury

Oh, but I can say that in ranked playthrough (children only), you will have Selis/Delmud/Nanna along with you all the time.

Can you rely on them all the time? What if they're doing their own stuff?

Can you rely on them all the time? What if they're doing their own stuff?

Selis I can believe, but Delmud/Nanna having their own stuff?

Delmud is a fighter just like Celice, Nanna is healing stuff and she can fight too.

Delmud is crap. Nanna is a total fail as healer. >_>

But you're missing on possibly the best weapon in the whole FE series! :(

Aira's Hero Sword, and the Mistolteenthing crits all the time

Delmud is not crap.

Nanna can use Recover.

Only if she's Claude's daughter, as she's locked to C staves.

If you're going to play the devil's advocate, be less obvious about it. >: