Faval vs Shinon (FE10)

thanibomb

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o I also heard archers had more range? Maybe I should play it and make another thread...

Well, they can counter direct attacks like swords. Dunno about more range from distance attacks.

I'd say Shinon because marksmen have deadeye (not that its a great skill but its better than no deadeye) and I prefer the double bow to the Ichaval.

If you prefer Jamka pair him with Brigid and Faval will be Jamka and half of Brigid

Edited by luigi bros

Never played FE9-10, but Faval is way too dependable on the Ichaival.

And since it can be repaired, he doesn't need to use other bows (although doing so in the arena would be very good to his funds). It isn't like Roy and the Sword of Seals, so that's a rather moot point.

Never played FE10, so I'm not voting.

If you prefer Jamka pair him with Brigid and Faval will be Jamka and half of Brigid

Except that he won't be using a bow with 100 accuracy to make up for his abysmal skill...

Edited by TheEnd

That may be true but I'd say acuracy against general enemies is more important than against holy weapon bosses becsuse there are other characters to take them on with.

-reads topic title- what is this madness?! the best bow unit is clearly Rebecca of FE7 *though I am also partial to Neimi with Colm's support in FE8* such blasphemy <_< to be perfectly honest, I haven't played either of the games with the characters first hand and I really didn't like Shinon much in FE9 so meh

Edited by Lyude

That may be true but I'd say acuracy against general enemies is more important than against holy weapon bosses becsuse there are other characters to take them on with.

Faval, as a holy weapon user himself (and possibly the highest raw attack power - alongside Althena - in your team, thanks to Ichieval's STR bonus), is one of those characters that should be taking on bosses. Actually, if you don't have Narga, he's one of the few that can actually damage Yurius in the Epilogue.

-reads topic title- what is this madness?! the best bow unit is clearly Rebecca of FE7 *though I am also partial to Neimi with Colm's support in FE8* such blasphemy <_< to be perfectly honest, I haven't played either of the games with the characters first hand and I really didn't like Shinon much in FE9 so meh

That's precisely why you think it's madness. FE4 and 10 have the highest power levels in the series.

Edited by TheEnd

Rebecca comes underleveled and is quite fragile too. She also has issues damaging enemies as well. She is far from the best even if she's quite sexy.

Well, I'm compare them as if they were both in RD, and both 20/20/20. Faval's got an upperhand with Ichival, while Shinon matches his strength. Due to Ichival being godly, Shinon will be raped by Faval.

Edited by emblempride

I never really cared for Faval, even when using the Ichival. He just can't get around the battlefield quick enough, and he has to compete with all the other gods and goddesses of the second generation. FE10 Shinon starts as one of your best units, and stays that way throughout the game. Shinon gets my vote.

Relative to their games, you can easily go without Shinon but it's a whole new world without the Ichival.

I don't use Ichival.