Faval vs Shinon (FE10)

thanibomb

Delmud is not crap.

Nanna can use Recover.

Yes, he is. Along with Lester, they are like the weakest children in 2nd Gen.

Lolwut? Nanna? Recover?

FYI Female Paladin only have the ability to use C rank Staff, while Recover is B rank. So no, Nanna can't use it.

Unless she is Claude's daughter, but that means you will sacrificing Delmud here.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if she's Claude's daughter, as she's locked to C staves.

That's really lame.

And also, Lachesis!Azel is quite a common pairing, and it's decent.

Relive Nanna with Beowulf as the father can heal at least 26 or so HP.

Yes, he is. Along with Lester, they are like the weakest children in 2nd Gen.

This is coming from someone who doesn't use Ichival Faval and Mistoltin Aless, so I can't really say what you say is reliable.

Edited by Julius

That's a myth, and a waste of magic swords.

This is coming from someone who doesn't use Ichival Faval and Mistoltin Aless, so I can't really say what you say is reliable.

She's actually quite right in this case, though. (Although, mind you, that's because the other children are freaking overpowered.)

ITT thread derailment.

Edited by TheEnd

That's a myth, and a waste of magic swords.

A waste? Okay, personal opinion. I know quite a few people who've used Lachesis!Azel, myself included. Delmud is very cool with a magic sword.

And you didn't even deny my other claim.

She's actually quite right in this case, though. (Although, mind you, that's because the other children are freaking overpowered.)

Delmud is FINE. He's not overpowered, that doesn't make him crap. You said it yourself.

Edited by Julius

DELMUD IS CRAP, NANNA NOT SO MUCH.

Non Ichaival Faval is kinda meh. But hell, you won't be using any other weapon with him.

A waste? Okay, personal opinion. I know quite a few people who've used Lachesis!Azel, myself included. Delmud is very cool with a magic sword.

And you didn't even deny my other claim.

Azel!Delmud is still unimpressive with a magic sword.

What claim? That Nanna is a decent healer with Azel as her father and Relive staff? I didn't deny it because it isn't false.

Delmud is FINE. He's not overpowered, that doesn't make him crap. You said it yourself.

The one who said he's crap was Fia. I agreed with her point that he and Lester are the weakest children.

Relive Nanna with Beowulf as the father can heal at least 26 or so HP.

Azel/Lachesis isn't common, it's crack. Though I need to agree they are decent.

Healing for 26 HP is really lame in this game you know. When most of damages you receive are above 30 or so (against major enemies).

And I do use Mistolteen, hence the reason why Thief Ring fell on Ares' hand.

Being not overpowered amongst overpowered characters means that character is suck in average standard.

Azel!Delmud is still unimpressive with a magic sword.

He has high str, high move, high magic, perfect for a magic sword. Why don't you like him?

What claim? That Nanna is a decent healer with Azel as her father and Relive staff? I didn't deny it because it isn't false.

I said Beowulf. 26-30 HP is just fine.

The one who said he's crap was Fia. I agreed with her point that he and Lester are the weakest children.

It is true, but Lester is worse. And they're both fine, they are not crap.

Healing for 26 HP is really lame in this game you know. When most of damages you receive are above 30 or so (against major enemies).

No it's not. AGAINST MAJOR enemies. And they are rare.

Being not overpowered amongst overpowered characters means that character is suck in average standard.

I disagree, but this is personal opinion.

Edited by Julius

No it's not. AGAINST MAJOR enemies. And they are rare.

Bosses could be counted as major enemies.

It is true, but Lester is worse. And they're both fine, they are not crap.

They both are the same actually. And,

Edited by Fury

First off, you ARE the debater kind of person, you try to debate with me like ALL the time, no matter how much you say it.

What are you trying to do? I answered everything there well.. Did you even read my previous post?

They both are the same actually. And,

That's stupid to say. Lester can't attack at the enemy phase, so he will be at a lower level, and he's stuck to bows.

Bosses could be counted as major enemies.

Out of like a 100 enemies in a chapter, there are like 3.. what's your point?

Edited by Julius

First off, you ARE the debater kind of person, no matter how much you say it.

Your opinion only. =x

What are you trying to do? I answered everything there well.. Did you even read my previous post?

Edited my post. =<

That's stupid to say. Lester can't attack at the enemy phase, so he will be at a lower level, and he's stuck to bows.

It's stupid in general to use a bow user as your frontliner.

You know that, due to the peculiar arena and the game's scale, that general argument doesn't really hold water in FE4, right?

You know that, due to the peculiar arena and the game's scale, that general argument doesn't really hold water in FE4, right?

He's still at a lower level compared to others.

It's stupid in general to use a bow user as your frontliner.

He still can't attack at the enemy phase.

I hope you didn't put your bow users in the frontline just like that, without any protection at all.

He's still at a lower level compared to others.

No, because it's so damn easy to abuse him to level 20 and beyond by having him attack chapter 6's boss

Which is a tradeoff for not being counter-attacked in the player phase. That, added to the fact he can usually re-move away from danger, helps boosting his usefulness - he isn't the hardest or nimblest unit in your army, but at least you can make him attack most enemies without worries. The same isn't valid for Delmud.

Also, if you expect Delmud to attack in the enemy phase, you might just have a dead Delmud in your next turn. Especially if he's Beowulf's son, and decides that activating Charge could be a good idea.

Edited by TheEnd

I hope you didn't put your bow users in the frontline just like that, without any protection at all.

No one is going to attack him from range at the enemy phase.

No, because it's so damn easy to abuse him to level 20 and beyond by having him attack chapter 6's boss

You asshole..

Which is a tradeoff for not being counter-attacked in the player phase. That, added to the fact he can usually re-move away from danger, helps boosting his usefulness - he isn't the hardest or nimblest unit in your army, but at least you can make him attack most enemies without worries. The same isn't valid for Delmud.

Your units are soooo uber, that getting counter attacked is a good thing.

They can't attack him directly if they can't reach him, though.

You asshole..

The strikethrough is there for a reason - I can't really talk about levels because I abuse, lol. But that doesn't allow you to flame me, either.

... what? I'm talking about single battles, there (attack -> counter -> pursuit).

Edited by TheEnd

Mistoltin has 10 more accuracy than Ichival, and has a +20 skill bonus... 40 more hit than Faval.

Tyrfing has +10 skill bonus and 80 accuracy. About 20 hit more than Faval, which is pretty nice.

Your point is?

He does have hit issues against some bosses. Hilda comes to mind. Boyce from the Epilogue has 59 evade.. and once you factor in leadership..

And those are the most important bosses, the strongest ones, hardest ones to kill, and Faval has hit issues against them. Not cool Faval.

He can just use Killer Bow against Ch10 Hilda. Nobody except your Res-monsters can afford to approach Epilogue Hilda either way, and Faval is perfect for taking out Scorpio, so just let him do that.

The problem with those bosses is that _everyone_ except a select few have issues against them. This doesn't make Faval bad, just not as good as Aless/Celice/Sety/Shannan. But since those are pretty much the four best units in the game anyway, this doesn't say a lot. It's like saying Shinon is not as useful as Caineghis, Tibarn, Giffca and Nailah or something, or Ike, Titania, Haar and Gatrie.

And I am, because Mekkah always argues about ranked stuff, even though I don't like to do so.

Only when uber technical, but it's hardly worth it in this case because FE10 doesn't have ranks.

They can't attack him directly if they can't reach him, though.

So? He still has a low level.

The strikethrough is there for a reason - I can't really talk about levels because I abuse, lol. But that doesn't allow you to flame, me, either.

It was just a small joke, get over it. I wasn't even flaming you.

... what?

In the enemy phase. Your units are so powerful, they'll be dodging or not taking anything in the player phase.

Edited by Julius

Bow users are suppose to play safe you know.

You asshole..

That's the favorite play style in FE4.

Not in Delmud or any bow users case.

Lovely. I am getting ganged up on by several people.

Your point is?

I'm assuming you're just trying to stall me, because a child from kindergarten could figure this out.

He can just use Killer Bow against Ch10 Hilda. Nobody except your Res-monsters can afford to approach Epilogue Hilda either way, and Faval is perfect for taking out Scorpio, so just let him do that.

The problem with those bosses is that _everyone_ except a select few have issues against them. This doesn't make Faval bad, just not as good as Aless/Celice/Sety/Shannan. But since those are pretty much the four best units in the game anyway, this doesn't say a lot. It's like saying Shinon is not as useful as Caineghis, Tibarn, Giffca and Nailah or something, or Ike, Titania, Haar and Gatrie.

For the reasons you mentioned, using Faval against Hilda is not cool, and even then you can't hurt Hilda that well.

I know, I know, but you're saying that Faval doesn't have hit issues, I'm saying it does, that's the whole point.

Only when uber technical, but it's hardly worth it in this case because FE10 doesn't have ranks.

Aren't we talking about FE4?

Bow users are suppose to play safe you know.

Lower level.

Not in Delmud or any bow users case.

Delmud is still good.

Edited by Julius

So? He still has a low level.

So...?

It was just a small joke, get over it.

You know the internet doesn't work that way, right?

In the enemy phase. Your units are so powerful, they'll be dodging or not taking anything in the player phase.

Not Delmud.

You decide to play the devil's advocate and say stuff people disagree. You shouldn't be surprised.

Delmud is still good.

Not good enough.

So...?

He's weak?

You know the internet doesn't work that way, right?

Yes it does.

Not Delmud.

We were talking in general, but Delmud is still fine.

You decide to play the devil's advocate and say stuff people disagree. You shouldn't be surprised.

Okay. But there are only 3 people, so we can't say what people agree and disagree on.

Not good enough.

Not as good as others, but still he's fine.

Don't blame people for disagreeing with you. >_>

Lower level.

Not really, but if that's your problem, then have this solution: Elite Ring.

Delmud is still good.

Compared to 20+ or so overpowered characters?

Not really, but if that's your problem, then have this solution: Elite Ring.

What a fucking waste. Elite Ring for one of the worst children?

Compared to 20+ or so overpowered characters?

20? Do you believe that number?