Diablo 3

thanibomb

I absolutely love the series, so I am definitely getting it (preordering it, if possible). I'm playing D2 at the moment to get ready for it. I just hope there is an amazon class or some remake of it.

Anyone else looking forward to D3? :wub:

What class are you planning to main? What class do you want?

Me, I have D2 but like, when i load it the shadows turns into like pinkish purpleish colors, i might try loading it again today....

In D3 i am planning to be witch doctor or barbarian.

I'm "excited," I suppose. Blizzard has never really been a let-down when it comes to the quality of their games, so I figure that the game will likely at least be playable in some shape or form. From the images and videos that they've shown so far, it looks interesting, at least enough to keep it in my mind. Unless it seems like Blizzard has really screwed something up about the game (which, right now, I'm only leery about the new Skill system (assuming their current idea stays)), it'll probably be one of the next PC games that I buy. (Assuming I'll be able to run it, that is...)

As for characters, with what we've seen right now, I'd be playing a Barbarian, just because the Witch Doctor and Wizard don't do much at all for me. I really have no expectations for classes, because Blizzard'll give us what we get, so there isn't much use trying to come up with something. (And, they've said that none of the "old" classes will be returning in this one verbatim (spiritual successors aside), unless they appear in a future expansion set. So, I don't really know what they'll do for the other two classes that are left.)

Me, I have D2 but like, when i load it the shadows turns into like pinkish purpleish colors, i might try loading it again today....

In D3 i am planning to be witch doctor or barbarian.

That happened to me, too. Just change the color scheme on your computer or something like that and it will play normally. :)

I'm "excited," I suppose. Blizzard has never really been a let-down when it comes to the quality of their games, so I figure that the game will likely at least be playable in some shape or form. From the images and videos that they've shown so far, it looks interesting, at least enough to keep it in my mind. Unless it seems like Blizzard has really screwed something up about the game (which, right now, I'm only leery about the new Skill system (assuming their current idea stays)), it'll probably be one of the next PC games that I buy. (Assuming I'll be able to run it, that is...)

As for characters, with what we've seen right now, I'd be playing a Barbarian, just because the Witch Doctor and Wizard don't do much at all for me. I really have no expectations for classes, because Blizzard'll give us what we get, so there isn't much use trying to come up with something. (And, they've said that none of the "old" classes will be returning in this one verbatim (spiritual successors aside), unless they appear in a future expansion set. So, I don't really know what they'll do for the other two classes that are left.)

What's wrong with the skill system?

And I'm thinking they'll do the same for D3 as they did for D2: give us 2 extra classes in the expansion and maybe more in further expansions (like WoW).

That happened to me, too. Just change the color scheme on your computer or something like that and it will play normally. :)

Thanks, I guess i will do that, I should have not uninstalled it, I should have just found out how to fix the problem >.<

(And, they've said that none of the "old" classes will be returning in this one verbatim (spiritual successors aside), unless they appear in a future expansion set. So, I don't really know what they'll do for the other two classes that are left.)

Wait, you mean there won't be Paladins?

Edited by Commissar Gaunt

Yeah, they said they aren't having any of the old classes, barbarian is the only one.

They probably will just make like a Holy Knight class or something like that. You know there is going to be a somewhat defensive one like the paladin was.

And yes, my avatar is very distracting.

I'm wondering how they will fit all those flashy skills with the changing environment, monsters, bosses, etc.

Multiplayer would be chaotic. D:

Yes it will, I am forcing 2 of my friends to buy it :D

It just doesn't feel... Diablo-like to me. From what they said during the Blizzcon panels, it seems like we're going to be relying on a ton of passive skills just to get to the ones that we want to dump points into (which helps if you really don't like the other skills in the tree, but synergy bonuses are going to be hard to come by then...), not leaving much variety in what little attacks we'll end up having. I mean, what they said at Blizzcon didn't seem finalized yet, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Wait, you mean there won't be Paladins?
There will probably be some Paladin-like class, but with a different name. They dropped the Necromancer for the Witch Doctor.

They didn't necessarily drop the Necromancer for the Witch Doctor. The Witch Doctor incorporates some of the ideas/concepts of the Necromancer, but it certainly isn't the Necromancer. Yes, there probably will be some class that works like a Paladin, it just won't be a Paladin (which is good, because we all know how (overly) powerful Hammerdins were...).

I think blizzard knows what they are dong, they have yet to have a game they really didn't work out well. I think they will find a way to make it work. I hope they make it were for a price you can redo your skill set...Or can you do than in D2 already?

It just doesn't feel... Diablo-like to me. From what they said during the Blizzcon panels, it seems like we're going to be relying on a ton of passive skills just to get to the ones that we want to dump points into (which helps if you really don't like the other skills in the tree, but synergy bonuses are going to be hard to come by then...), not leaving much variety in what little attacks we'll end up having. I mean, what they said at Blizzcon didn't seem finalized yet, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

They didn't necessarily drop the Necromancer for the Witch Doctor. The Witch Doctor incorporates some of the ideas/concepts of the Necromancer, but it certainly isn't the Necromancer. Yes, there probably will be some class that works like a Paladin, it just won't be a Paladin (which is good, because we all know how (overly) powerful Hammerdins were...).

Passive skills? Those don't sound that bad. I bet most of them will be shared among all of the classes (wall breaking, door opening, jumping, swimming, etc) so that they could maneuver around the different terrains and environments easier. In the end, it will be just like D2. :rolleyes:

And yes, let's hope the game is more balanced.

I think blizzard knows what they are dong, they have yet to have a game they really didn't work out well. I think they will find a way to make it work. I hope they make it were for a price you can redo your skill set...Or can you do than in D2 already?

They're trying to include a "respeccing" concept like what's in World of Warcraft, but they haven't gotten around to trying to implement it yet.

Passive skills? Those don't sound that bad. I bet most of them will be shared among all of the classes (wall breaking, door opening, jumping, swimming, etc) so that they could maneuver around the different terrains and environments easier. In the end, it will be just like D2. :rolleyes:

And yes, let's hope the game is more balanced.

No, the Passive skills are only for each class, as they're designed to benefit that class, regardless of the tree it's in (so you can dump points into them to get further down a tree to skills you need). The current system is a "simplified" version of the D2 interface, but I have to agree with the designers when they said (at the Blizzcon panels) that players end up with too many skills (which also wasn't helped by the fact that the special Blizzcon build was designed so that you couldn't spend deep into one specific skill, which they're planning to change). Because of that, it just doesn't seem like tried and true Diablo to me (with "limited" skills, as spending deep was a good thing, thus limiting how many points you had for other skills), at least not yet.

There will probably be some Paladin-like class, but with a different name. They dropped the Necromancer for the Witch Doctor.

That's what I curse them for! Necro is my favorite character and now, they replace him with an idiot looking shaman of prehistorical!

Edited by Bad mood

Hell yes I can't wait. I don't know what class I'll be picking first, but with the three we have now I think it's going to be the Witch Doctor since I like to have my small army doing their business.

While I did like the Necromancer, not all hopes are gone. Of course, I heard various reports saying the only returning playable character is the Barbarian, but perhaps the Necromancer will be an enemy boss. Perhaps will he also be included in an expansion pack too. I like the Witch Doctor since he feels like a weird mix between the Necromancer, the Druid and even the Assassin ( mostly the Firebomb ).

Both the Wizard and the Barbarian also look interesting. I can't wait for more news on...basically anything.

Hell yes I can't wait. I don't know what class I'll be picking first, but with the three we have now I think it's going to be the Witch Doctor since I like to have my small army doing their business.

While I did like the Necromancer, not all hopes are gone. Of course, I heard various reports saying the only returning playable character is the Barbarian, but perhaps the Necromancer will be an enemy boss. Perhaps will he also be included in an expansion pack too. I like the Witch Doctor since he feels like a weird mix between the Necromancer, the Druid and even the Assassin ( mostly the Firebomb ).

Both the Wizard and the Barbarian also look interesting. I can't wait for more news on...basically anything.

Lol, I stilll remember how hard it's for my summon druid. Although with super equipment, being a summon druid is commit suicide....

There should be a Ranger(was that the class that turned into animals?)

I liked the Witch Doctor as much as the Necromancer, so I didn't feel sad or something.

BUT THIS GAME IS GOING TO BLOW SHIT UP, THAT'S FOR SURE.