Diablo 3

thanibomb

That's what I curse them for! Necro is my favorite character and now, they replace him with an idiot looking shaman of prehistorical!

Personally, I think the Witch Doctor looks much better than the Necromancer.

I just hope the game is balanced, which means no Hammerdins. D:

I just hope the game is balanced, which means no Hammerdins. D:

Maybe it's just me, but take the oskills away ( basically, a class using the skills of another class ) and Hammerdins are pretty much fucked against ranged attackers. It was the Teleport spell granted by Enigma that made them that good.

Of course, melee classes would be totally fucked...

Maybe it's just me, but take the oskills away ( basically, a class using the skills of another class ) and Hammerdins are pretty much fucked against ranged attackers. It was the Teleport spell granted by Enigma that made them that good.

Of course, melee classes would be totally fucked...

That's true, but I don't think they'll take those away.

I liked the concept of items/weapons granting skills to classes that didn't have them originally. It was certainly more interesting than items that only gave skills to the classes that could use them. (Not including things like Scepters/Wands/Staves, as it makes sense to have the skills only for Paladins/Necromancers/Sorceresses.) I'd rather have an item grant +2 to Whirlwind that any class can use than a [barbarian only] tag at the end of it, because that means that the weapon/item is really only useful for Barbarians (and the odds of getting it are small anyway). Plus, Enigma was broken anyway. (And, we don't really have to worry about that, since Rune Words are gone in D3...)

I liked the concept of items/weapons granting skills to classes that didn't have them originally. It was certainly more interesting than items that only gave skills to the classes that could use them. (Not including things like Scepters/Wands/Staves, as it makes sense to have the skills only for Paladins/Necromancers/Sorceresses.) I'd rather have an item grant +2 to Whirlwind that any class can use than a [barbarian only] tag at the end of it, because that means that the weapon/item is really only useful for Barbarians (and the odds of getting it are small anyway). Plus, Enigma was broken anyway. (And, we don't really have to worry about that, since Rune Words are gone in D3...)

Some items that did give oskills weren't Runewords, though they were quite few in number and the skills didn't have that much of an effect with superior equipment around. For example there's Dragonscale, a Paladin-only shield, that gives Hydra. Except you had Herald of Zakarum which was alot better (resistances to all, +str, huge blocking bonus, +2 all pally skills and more).

Another good bunch of items also gave auras ( like the new version of Azurewrath ). I don't think they'll dissapear, but I do hope they'll be less broken.

I just hope they make it easier to get experience. My barbarian is getting massacred, I literally used 46 getting to and fighting/killing Diablo, and i spent 200 hundred thousand gold reviving my hireling to make it a bit easier. I either have to do a hell load of duriel/mesphesto runs to level up or just re-roll something else. He is level 28 btw.

Time to re-roll something with ranged attacks.

I just hope they make it easier to get experience. My barbarian is getting massacred, I literally used 46 getting to and fighting/killing Diablo, and i spent 200 hundred thousand gold reviving my hireling to make it a bit easier. I either have to do a hell load of duriel/mesphesto runs to level up or just re-roll something else. He is level 28 btw.

Time to re-roll something with ranged attacks.

You probably don't have a lot of resistances, don't you?

It also gets a bit easier once you get an Act 2 Merc from Nightmare difficulty with Holy Freeze. For now, try to buy items that give fire and lightning resistance or run Mephisto/Izual/Hephasto to get rares with decent resistances.

You might also want to drop ALL your gold in town before getting into action, taking it back each time you die since items dissapear after a few minutes (about 15 I think). Unless you're playing with other people, of course.

The only class(es) that get an overabundance of Resistance (easily, and without tons of unique loot) are Paladins, simply because of their (cheap, IMO) Paladin-only shields (Auras help in that regard, too) and maybe Barbarians (if they choose to drop points into Natural Resistance). Yes, as you get higher in levels, Rune Words and such play into effect, but for the meat of the game (at least through Act 5 Nightmare, and possibly further), those aren't viable options. Most of the armor/items that add resistance (and can be bought) are vastly inferior to what you're probably already wearing, there isn't much sense to swap what you have to things that are worse. The other aspect of what you say is purely luck. Not only does a Rare/Unique/etc. have to drop in the first place, but the odds of it being something useful in that manner aren't overly high. Especially when your characters is only Level 28 (as is in this example).

That brings up a few other points: How is it that people can solo Acts 2, 3, 4, and 5 at absurdly low levels? I was at least mid-40s by the time I was even able to get through Act 4 to get to Diablo, and I had to grind to the upper 40s-early 50s to take him and Baal out, in Normal no less. (I was 60 or so when I got to Mephisto in Nightmare and around 70 when I was actually able to finish off Nightmare...) If I even try to take on The Summoner of all people at the mid-20s, I get destroyed. The same applies even more to Duriel, the Council of Travincal/Durance of Hate, Mephisto, Diablo, etc. I find it impossible playing only by myself to take on these bosses at such low levels (without dying extremely frequently...).

And, on the subject of Paladin-only shields, did anyone else ever get inherently annoyed at the fact that Blizzard screws over the class-specific items at resale? (Yeah, I'll sell this Jared's Stone to you for 8000G... You want to sell this back to me for 250000G? Are you nuts?) It's almost like they don't want you to even bother picking them up unless you expressly need the skill/stat bonuses that they give you...

Edited by Lord Glenn

I do take the gold back.

And yet, i have 20% in fire and like 5 of the rest of them....so i could use a little more.....

....but I do have a 97% better chance of getting a rare item..........

Edited by Noremac

That brings up a few other points: How is it that people can solo Acts 2, 3, 4, and 5 at absurdly low levels? I was at least mid-40s by the time I was even able to get through Act 4 to get to Diablo, and I had to grind to the upper 40s-early 50s to take him and Baal out, in Normal no less. (I was 60 or so when I got to Mephisto in Nightmare and around 70 when I was actually able to finish off Nightmare...) If I even try to take on The Summoner of all people at the mid-20s, I get destroyed. The same applies even more to Duriel, the Council of Travincal/Durance of Hate, Mephisto, Diablo, etc. I find it impossible playing only by myself to take on these bosses at such low levels (without dying extremely frequently...).

To be honest, my first character during the last 2 Ladder seasons I played in was a Frozen Orb/Energy Shield Sorceress based on Magic Find, to find stuff for my other characters ( I'd play a Wind Druid and a Boner/Bonemancer later on ), so it's usually a bit easier for me to survive with the help of Energy Shield. Since I also have more Magic Find than other characters, I can easily leech off Mephisto and such by repeatdly just creating games, killing x monsters I want the drops off. This way you get a lot of low uniques, sets and rares that can be useful, even later on ( the Angelic Amulet and Rings are very helpful for melee characters with its AR boost ). You can also find enchanted Wands/Scepters/Staves that are worth quite a lot for merchants ( for Act 4 Normal, 20K gold ).

Then when I would play with my newer, more outfitted characters, I always kept some low level items I found to help them. The Nokozan Relic Amulet is pretty damn meh later on but its immense Fire Resisrance boost is pretty helpful for Normal and Nightmare difficulty.

Then again, I play multiplayer where you can trade freely. Reality's different in total Singleplayer.

To be honest, my first character during the last 2 Ladder seasons I played in was a Frozen Orb/Energy Shield Sorceress based on Magic Find, to find stuff for my other characters ( I'd play a Wind Druid and a Boner/Bonemancer later on ), so it's usually a bit easier for me to survive with the help of Energy Shield. Since I also have more Magic Find than other characters, I can easily leech off Mephisto and such by repeatdly just creating games, killing x monsters I want the drops off. This way you get a lot of low uniques, sets and rares that can be useful, even later on ( the Angelic Amulet and Rings are very helpful for melee characters with its AR boost ). You can also find enchanted Wands/Scepters/Staves that are worth quite a lot for merchants ( for Act 4 Normal, 20K gold ).

Then when I would play with my newer, more outfitted characters, I always kept some low level items I found to help them. The Nokozan Relic Amulet is pretty damn meh later on but its immense Fire Resisrance boost is pretty helpful for Normal and Nightmare difficulty.

Then again, I play multiplayer where you can trade freely. Reality's different in total Singleplayer.

Me and my neighbor used to do that, both of us had gear with immense magic find, I had a barbarian maxed in find item so we would do champion runs *the special guys in act 1) hel mode and kill the, get the loot then use find item and double how much we got. But we are no longer in speaking terms, I do not have the same computer i used to have so i can't get the characters and the code i am using for D2 is totally legal so i cannot use battle.net so i am stuck we old single player until the summer when my neighbor is home and maybe just MAYBE he would be willing to patch things up (i have been meaning to but he goes to high school in new york because he is apparently a genius) and he might be willing to start playing D2 again.

i think this is the longest-nonstory post i have typed.

yeah, I re-rolled elemental/fire druid, one hitting 4-6 things at a time is fun :D. He is level 24, i beet Duriel at 22 but wanted to level up a few more times so yesterday I did bout 30 Duriel runs, maxed out stash inventory and money, and have 100,000$ in inventory (i found like 7 set pieces, 2 of which i am using and 2 badass uniques, 1 my hireling is using and 1 i sold for lots and lots of money to the vender)

But back onto D3, what do you think about the new rune system where you add effects onto your spells instead of armor?

I remember trying to beat those Mage Bosses (those guys right before the Mephisto dungeon), using the Necro.

Was a pain in the ass, they were sniping me for afar with those Meteors, and I wasn't that good(11 at the time). I got frustrated.

yeah, I re-rolled elemental/fire druid, one hitting 4-6 things at a time is fun :D. He is level 24, i beet Duriel at 22 but wanted to level up a few more times so yesterday I did bout 30 Duriel runs, maxed out stash inventory and money, and have 100,000$ in inventory (i found like 7 set pieces, 2 of which i am using and 2 badass uniques, 1 my hireling is using and 1 i sold for lots and lots of money to the vender)

But back onto D3, what do you think about the new rune system where you add effects onto your spells instead of armor?

Lucky. (Unless you're doing this over MP and can trade stuff (i.e. MF stuff) from your other characters, and then it's slightly less lucky.) What were the set/unique items that you snagged?

I like the customization aspect with the runes on the skills. Things like bouncing flame skulls seem quite amusing. I just hope that there are a ton of runes to use and that they're not a total pain in the ass to get ones that you want (like in D2). That, and I really hope there are a lot, otherwise trying to make characters feel "different" is going to be really hard, especially since you can only put one rune on each skill at a time.

I remember trying to beat those Mage Bosses (those guys right before the Mephisto dungeon), using the Necro.

Was a pain in the ass, they were sniping me for afar with those Meteors, and I wasn't that good(11 at the time). I got frustrated.

The Council Members? I guess I can see them being difficult for a pure caster. My preferred strategy is simply to run in, pull one or two (max), run back out of range of the Hydra spells (and various other enemies lurking around, assuming you're referring to Travincal, and not the ones down in the Durance of Hate immediately before getting to Mephisto), and wail on them with whatever weapon is more effective of what I have. (Which, in the case of all of the characters I've made through Act 3 (Barbarian, Paladin, Amazon), is generally beating them down right up in their face with my default melee weapon. Unless I happen to have a more effective ranged weapon, that is. (Which is really only the case for my 'Zon...))

Lucky. (Unless you're doing this over MP and can trade stuff (i.e. MF stuff) from your other characters, and then it's slightly less lucky.) What were the set/unique items that you snagged?

Hsarus' Iron Stay, Hsarus' Iron Heel, Isenhart's Hornsx2, Isenhart's Lightbrand an amulet and i forget.

And i am just lucky i guess.

The Council Members? I guess I can see them being difficult for a pure caster.

My brother beat them easily with the Sorceress, and he was at level 27, I think, while I was getting my as shanded to me at level 31.

Also he being a way more experienced player helped.

Hsarus' Iron Stay, Hsarus' Iron Heel, Isenhart's Hornsx2, Isenhart's Lightbrand an amulet and i forget.

And i am just lucky i guess.

Not bad, I suppose. The closest I ever came to completing a set was with the Berserker's Arsenal. I had the Splint Mail and the Helm on my Merc for the longest time (because with the partial set bonus, it trumped anything else that was dropping), and when I did find an upgrade for both pieces (and subsequently sold them), the Double Axe dropped shortly afterwards. XD

Of those, the Hsarus' Defense pieces grant the better bonuses, IMO, so I hope you kept them (or already had better stuff).

On that topic, I'm extremely glad that Blizzard is rethinking Set items for Diablo 3. The fact that by the time you even get one piece makes them generally completely useless (higher ilvls, but low required levels and piddly stats, who dreamed that up), so them even thinking about the process is welcome to me.

My brother beat them easily with the Sorceress, and he was at level 27, I think, while I was getting my as shanded to me at level 31.

Also he being a way more experienced player helped.

There is that fact, I guess. Perhaps I should have said something more in line with, "might have caused trouble with what experience you had". Oh well.

There is that fact, I guess. Perhaps I should have said something more in line with, "might have caused trouble with what experience you had". Oh well.

XD, yeah, Diablo and other strategy games like AoE are his stuff, but I love those games, too.

I like the customization aspect with the runes on the skills. Things like bouncing flame skulls seem quite amusing. I just hope that there are a ton of runes to use and that they're not a total pain in the ass to get ones that you want (like in D2). That, and I really hope there are a lot, otherwise trying to make characters feel "different" is going to be really hard, especially since you can only put one rune on each skill at a time.

Hopefully we're not going to get something completely broken. It would be fun that there's no "ultimate" rune that makes just about every character awesome. The way I see it, perhaps a Power rune will succeed where a Multistriking one would fail.

Also preferably the rarest runes shouldn't take 20 years to actually get.

As for the Council members, just get a lot of fire res and you shouldn't have too much problems. An Ice Iron Wolf might help too considering he can chill them from afar, or you might want a desert spearman to tank for you and give either AR, Defense or healing.

Edited by Trabant

Not bad, I suppose. The closest I ever came to completing a set was with the Berserker's Arsenal. I had the Splint Mail and the Helm on my Merc for the longest time (because with the partial set bonus, it trumped anything else that was dropping), and when I did find an upgrade for both pieces (and subsequently sold them), the Double Axe dropped shortly afterwards. XD

Of those, the Hsarus' Defense pieces grant the better bonuses, IMO, so I hope you kept them (or already had better stuff).

i did keep, them, better than the stuff i had.