Who Makes for a Good Dark Mage?

Don't bother, unless you are deadset on certain supports for online play and need a support mage. Most potential sorcerors have 20% magic growth (bleh...) and a better suited for other classes. Etzel, a character from a bonus chapter, is a sorceror, but his stats aren't very good.

Edit: Ceasar? I guess that could work. High HP growth will help him out on the front lines. Magic will be low, but with decent strength he'll be able to use the heavier tomes without difficulty.

Edited by Tamara

Hmm, Caesar only huh? I'll check his growth changes and such. And yeah i know, Etzel is... meh. I just want to try one out, since I never did use one.

HP|Str|Mag|Skl|Spd|Lck|Def| Res
Caesar 20|  1|  2|  1|  5|  6|  6|  3   Base/Level 3
Caesar 50|  5| 30| 30| 45| 20|  0| 25   Growth

Edited by Nathan Graves

HP|Str|Mag|Skl|Spd|Lck|Def| Res
Caesar 20|  1|  2|  1|  5|  6|  6|  3   Base/Level 3
Caesar 50|  5| 30| 30| 45| 20|  0| 25   Growth

As a dark mage right?

?_? What are you smoking? Caesar is a hero not a Dark Mage

But on top of that I refuse to them Dark Mage/Sorcerer because I'd rather have them to be called Shaman/Druid's instead. <_<

Reclass

?_? What are you smoking? Caesar is a hero not a Dark Mage

But on top of that I refuse to them Dark Mage/Sorcerer because I'd rather have them to be called Shaman/Druid's instead. <_<

There are two good reasons to reclass characters to the opposite class:

1. Levin Sword. A Merric with good HP, speed, def and a levin sword makes a good swordsmaster. Attacking res from a short distance and doubling? Nice. It takes a lot of work (=RNG abuse) to make a character like that, but they can be quite deadly.

2. Supports. There are some good support chains going around the Male B set characters and that makes them good choices for online matches. However, a support mage is an important part of a team (fortify, warp and recover) That set lacks natural mages (Etzel not included, he's too smexy to hang around with the berserkers and heroes :P ), so what do you do? You turn one into a dark mage. Yay for class swaps!

1. Levin Sword. A Merric with good HP, speed, def and a levin sword makes a good swordsmaster. Attacking res from a short distance and doubling? Nice. It takes a lot of work (=RNG abuse) to make a character like that, but they can be quite deadly.

Honestly, it's far more trouble than it's worth since Merric already doubles everything on NM, doubles everything within the mage speed cap limitations on H5, and SM Merric is FAR too dependant on the Levin swords [since his str fails], which you only get so many of. The durability is extra durability is pretty nice, and might actually be worth it if Levin swords were buyable before C24, but alas.

Actually, the main reason to use Caesar as a Dark Mage is because he's better than most secondaries you can have in the single player campaign.

THE best, next to mage Nabarl [who's winning in every possible way vs DM Caesar], so it's good if you want Nabarl on cav.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

Honestly, it's far more trouble than it's worth since Merric already doubles everything on NM, doubles everything within the mage speed cap limitations on H5, and SM Merric is FAR too dependant on the Levin swords [since his str fails], which you only get so many of. The durability is extra durability is pretty nice, and might actually be worth it if Levin swords were buyable before C24, but alas.

THE best, next to mage Nabarl [who's winning in every possible way vs DM Caesar], so it's good if you want Nabarl on cav.

I'd have to agree that Levin swords aren't that great. In fact, mages as SMs is not an idea I'd condone.

Mage Nabarl...? How good is Nabarl as a Mage?

Swordmaster!Merric is more of a fun thing to do on normal mode and if you get lucky, you'll have a good unit for online matches. If you need an extra Levin sword they are available in the online store sometimes.

Mage Nabarl...? How good is Nabarl as a Mage?

How isn't he? High HP, magic, and speed. His def is only a few points below Caesar, but the HP lead more than compensates for that.

How isn't he? High HP, magic, and speed. His def is only a few points below Caesar, but the HP lead more than compensates for that.

Can you please give me his growths as a Mage?