Do you use your own strategy?

Your own strategy?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Well do you?

• Yes
    • No, I use strategy guides, a lot..
    • If I fail at it, no..
    • Sometimes...

I usually use my own strategy because it fits my playing style better, which has a tendency to change. Although, if I hear a good strategy that I can use somewhere, I'll probably use it.

oh, you mean like strategies on how to complete the game?

that simplifies matters! my mind was ooh, somewhere else....

i never, ever used a strategy guide, nor have i needed to use one. my strategy works well

I am an FE vet. My own strategies always turn out to my liking.

I've been involved with Fire Emblem for almost four years now (since Fire Emblem was released in the EU), how about you?

I've been involved with Fire Emblem for almost four years now (since Fire Emblem was released in the EU), how about you?

Since the summer of '04, so almost 4 years, about as long as you.

Since the summer of '04, so almost 4 years, about as long as you.

Interesting. When Fire Emblem DS is released, we should arrange a match. It would be quite cool, assuming they do online right of course.

Useing your own tactics is a great way to figure out anything. Yeah stategy guides are okay but personally if you can't think of an idea you don't deserve to play.

I always use my own strategy although I'm still prone to dying until I manage to get it right for the chapter I'm on. Oh well, all the fun of fe. What's the point of playing a strategy game if you use someone else's strategy?

• 4 weeks later...

My strategy adjusts to be able to do whatever I need to do for the chapter. Although if I'm bored or angry, I tend to use the "blitzkrieg" attack.

Yes, I use my own strategy since I don't own a strategy book. Using one would take all the fun away from trial and error (or several hours of gameplay).

Now, for different games like Pokemon, I do have to refer to online walkthroughs to help me solve riddles and stuff, because that's just plain hard.

Pokemon is a complete different anyways. It's pretty much all about having the right guys and the right attacks. Maybe nature but I don't think thats the case.

On top of that, theres really no point of using someones strategies since your no better than the person who'd already accomplished the game. It's pretty pointless.