Hard mode

I know enemies are stronger but I feel like I'm gaining less EXP points: is that also an effect?

Also is the shop in the preparation screen removed?

Hmm... *Looks at chapter 1 HM video* Nope, seems normal (If 30 EXP is what you get for killing a unit of the same level). It probably looks like you're gaining less EXP because your units are getting more EXP by just attacking enemies (since they have better durability than NM enemies) so they may be a bit higher leveled than they usually are in NM. That or you're using overleveled units or handling your EXP in an inefficient manner.

No shop in the prep screen. Plan your shopping.

And like Fox said, there will be more enemies. On chapters like 22, enemies will spawn on the first turn.

Edited by Levin

Hmm... *Looks at chapter 1 HM video* Nope, seems normal (If 30 EXP is what you get for killing a unit of the same level). It probably looks like you're gaining less EXP because your units are getting more EXP by just attacking enemies (since they have better durability than NM enemies) so they may be a bit higher leveled than they usually are in NM. That or you're using overleveled units or handling your EXP in an inefficient manner.

I normally kill enemies quickly so thats not it. I distributed EXP evenly ( I got an A in EXP) so thats not it either. My guess is EXP gain is reduced.

Also, your characters that start out as enemies will be stronger. For example, it's possible for Gonzales to have up to 43 HP! (of course, the other stats are much higher, as well) It seems that the Wyvern Riders get the biggest overall bonus. The bonuses are definitely bigger in this game than in Fire Emblem 7.

Oops, Colm/Namie Amuro beat me to it. Still, keep in mind the bonuses! Learn to love the stat bonus characters! Also, remember the Percival will only get his if you recruit him in Chapter 15. You might want to wait and not recruit him in Chapter 13. Trust me, Hard Mode Percival is amazing!

Edited by Kintenbo