NFL playoffs

Deity

I'll root for "I couldn't care less".

Irony much when you get upset for people spamming your topics.

Well, the Colts loss to the Chargers in their rematch yesterday, but I don't really care for either teams and I'm hoping the Falcons loses, then again, they did defeated a pathetic team last week. I don't know who I'm rooting for but I see who do what in the playoffs and change my mind.

The Falcons lost to the Cardinals prior to San Diego's victory over the Colts. :mellow:

Also, I guess the Chargers winning pretty much blows my predictions out of the water. (Baltimore will win today, Tennessee will beat Baltimore, Pittsburgh will beat San Diego, Carolina still wins out in the NFC, and it goes down to Carolina winning if the Steelers beat Tennessee, or Tennessee winning if Tennessee beats the Steelers.)

While you're right, that's something that the staff should handle.

----------------

I'm from near Pittsburgh, so I'll obviously be rooting for the Steelers. Our prospects probably don't look that great, seeing as we'll either be playing Miami or the winner of the Indianapolis/San Diego game, but I'll still cheer the team on anyway.

As for predictions... I don't follow the NFC much, but I'll say that it comes down to Carolina and Philly in the NFC Championship game (with Carolina winning). (The Giants have been faltering the past few games, so I'm not sold on them getting to the Championship game.) For the AFC, I'll say that it comes down to Tennessee and either Indy or Pittsburgh. (I figure that Baltimore will beat Miami, but Tennessee will beat Baltimore, as they should be able to force Flacco to make mistakes to their advantage. Indy will beat San Diego, so it becomes a toss-up between the hot Colts and the Steelers (which, I find too close to call, since their meeting during the season was as much a fluke win as the Giants win over the Steelers two weeks before it...).)

Super Bowl Champs? Depending on the AFC team, it's either Carolina(if v. Indy/Pittsburgh) or Tennessee.

I agree, about the staff thing.

And Pittsburgh looks to be the toughest team in the AFC, even more than the Titans. They'll be tough to beat.

Pittsburgh's (convincing) loss to Tennessee in Week 16 would argue differently to that statement. Sure, it could have just been an off-game for Pittsburgh, or they could have just not cared as much about being the 1st seed in the AFC (since they were already set as the 2nd seed - though, they still should have been playing to their full ability...), but I'm not sure I'd say that Pittsburgh's the toughest team in the AFC. Given that Baltimore about has their game wrapped up (barring something like a couple of fluke fumbles that get returned to the house), I think Pittsburgh/San Diego will be more one-sided than it was the previous time they met (injuries, etc.) and I think that Pittsburgh will beat them handily. Part of me wants Baltimore to beat Tennessee, that way we get an AFC North matchup in the Championship game (and because I know that Pittsburgh can beat them...), but a rematch against Tennessee would be welcome too, I suppose.

I have to be honest, the Dolphins only made the playoffs because of a hurt Brady and a really REALLY easy schedule. And they beat no one important.

I'll say Ravens over Giants in the repeat SB of 2000.

Ed Reed is CATCHIN' YOU BALLIN.

Also, lol at thinking the Steelers would take the Ravens. That's the game they wouldn't want to play. They barely won the last two times.

They may have barely won, but they still won, didn't they? Plus, given the Wild Card round bye as a means of getting a bit of rest, I certainly think that if the Steelers and Ravens meet in the AFC Championship game, the Steelers will be in fairly good shape and be able to both be banged up by the Ravens and bang them up in the process. (Sure, they would want to avoid playing Baltimore again for a third time, because the games are always extremely physical (and I'm sure that the Ravens would love to avoid playing Pittsburgh for a third time as well), but in a toss-up between a team that you've beaten twice before and a team that you lost to for sole ownership of the #1 seed? I'd take the team that I've beaten twice already, thanks.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

The Falcons lost to the Cardinals prior to San Diego's victory over the Colts. :mellow:

Also, I guess the Chargers winning pretty much blows my predictions out of the water. (Baltimore will win today, Tennessee will beat Baltimore, Pittsburgh will beat San Diego, Carolina still wins out in the NFC, and it goes down to Carolina winning if the Steelers beat Tennessee, or Tennessee winning if Tennessee beats the Steelers.)

Ah so Kurt Warner and his boys defeated the Falcons :) St. Louis have a lot of pride in Warner even if he left the Rams years ago. I mean, he did so much for our city.

I haven't check out any stats yet so I don't know how the rest of the teams are doing.

The saying is 'third time's a charm'. Steelers have barely won a number of games through out the year in the last minute or so and as much as you'd like to think of a win as a win, it simply doesn't help.

At the end of the day, the Steelers wouldn't want to play the Ravens simply because of how physical that game would be. Titans have a strong D, but if Rofflesburger is questionable after playing the Browns, then you don't want to go into the SB after playing the Ravens. Who made the comeback player look like he should go back to the Jets.

And historically, the first round bye isn't as good a thing as they sell it to be. Most SB feature a 1st or 2nd seed team. But only 1 of 2, and only because the odds are generally in their favor to get there before you account for talent. It's rare to have two teams that took a bye in the Super Bowl - about 20%. This team usually goes on to lose. 1st and 2nd seed teams are only about .500 in SBs, and that's counting the SBs with only 1st/2nd Seed teams.

I have to be honest, the Dolphins only made the playoffs because of a hurt Brady and a really REALLY easy schedule. And they beat no one important.

Brett Farve says hi, since that game where the Jets lost to the Dolphins was [hopefully] the last game of his career. Seriously, he was getting too old to do things properly anymore.

Woot, NFL playoffs are here. So, who are you going for?

I say Giants repeat, but I also like the panthers. In the AFC, I dunno, Colts or Tennessee.

Since the Dolphins are my original home team, I guess I have to root for them. I'm really surprised though; they had a terrible season last year, and now this year their season's been great.

Good luck to them, then. ^^

Why spam? If you dont even know what the topic is about, why come and post spam?

As I've said before, then don't post. Period. Next time you make a spam post, I'll personally give you a short "vacation" from here, seeing as you apparently can't follow instructions very well.

Why spam? If you dont even know what the topic is about, why come and post spam?

While you're right, that's something that the staff should handle.

----------------

I'm from near Pittsburgh, so I'll obviously be rooting for the Steelers. Our prospects probably don't look that great, seeing as we'll either be playing Miami or the winner of the Indianapolis/San Diego game, but I'll still cheer the team on anyway.

As for predictions... I don't follow the NFC much, but I'll say that it comes down to Carolina and Philly in the NFC Championship game (with Carolina winning). (The Giants have been faltering the past few games, so I'm not sold on them getting to the Championship game.) For the AFC, I'll say that it comes down to Tennessee and either Indy or Pittsburgh. (I figure that Baltimore will beat Miami, but Tennessee will beat Baltimore, as they should be able to force Flacco to make mistakes to their advantage. Indy will beat San Diego, so it becomes a toss-up between the hot Colts and the Steelers (which, I find too close to call, since their meeting during the season was as much a fluke win as the Giants win over the Steelers two weeks before it...).)

Super Bowl Champs? Depending on the AFC team, it's either Carolina(if v. Indy/Pittsburgh) or Tennessee.

Texas won't see a playoff win for 2 decades.

Lol. No, they are getting there.

As to the other games remaining, cant wait to see them.

I got the Giants, Titans, Steelers and Panthers all advancing. But I hope there is an upset or two. ^^