Strange FE Facts

thanibomb

About the color or the armors, I don't know if this has been said before but it really bothered me that in FE9 Daein had red armors and in FE10 Begnion now had red armors, I understand that it's for game purpose that the enemy army is always red but still I would have liked it better if they sticked with the original armor colors.

I think I remember there being lots of black-armored units as well, especially among the higher ranked officers of the Daien army.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thracia wasn't the major enemy but it was an enemy.

Was the major enemy for like 1 and a half maps.

Also

Trabant killed Cuan and Ethlin, villainous points for this, as you feel avenged, and Thracia being a more remarkable enemy country besides Barhara

The main character usually gets a weapon early in the game that makes the following chapters a little easier.

Do you mean the Rapier, the Manni Katti, the Wolf Beil, ect.?

Do you mean the Rapier, the Manni Katti, the Wolf Beil, ect.?

Yeah, weapons like that. It does make it a little easier cause it's usually the best weapon that character can use at that point in the game. It's also super effective against mounted and armored knights which are sometimes hard to kill in the early chapters.

Hey, that's another strange fact. That special weapon is usually effective against both mounted and armored knights

Edited by KSFF2150

Yeah, weapons like that. It does make it a little easier.

Probably to make up for the fact you don't have a readily available mage to take care of the enemy armor knight bosses.

About the color or the armors, I don't know if this has been said before but it really bothered me that in FE9 Daein had red armors and in FE10 Begnion now had red armors, I understand that it's for game purpose that the enemy army is always red but still I would have liked it better if they sticked with the original armor colors.

When you fight them with animations they're all dressed in black, except Myrmidons, Fighters, possibly Brigands and their promotions.

Those are usually referred as Mercenaries. The Brigands might just have a Bandit tag instead.

Probably to make up for the fact you don't have a readily available mage to take care of the enemy armor knight bosses.

That's usually remedied very quickly, though, as your first mage comes in about 3-4 chapters within the start of the game. Or, in the case of FE4, the second turn.

Edited by Edgard Varése

In FE9, when mounted knights promote, their horses change from brown to white. I think it's like that in other FEs but I'm not sure.

When pegasus knights promote, their pegasus gains a horn so they're basically flying unicorns.

Edited by KSFF2150

In FE9, when mounted knights promote, their horses change from brown to white. I think it's like that in other FEs but I'm not sure.

When pegasus knights promote, their pegasus gains a horn so they're basically flying unicorns.

I thought the horn was only part of the armour?

i don't know if it's been mentioned, but Leanne changes affinity from FE9 to FE10.

I thought you can't use Leanne in FE9?

I thought you can't use Leanne in FE9?

She's still viewable, IIRC in the 4th part of chapter 17. View one of the NPC units' status, then go up and down until you get Leanne, another NPC. Her affinity went from Wind to Water.

A few people, though unused ( on the field ) had an affinity change: Nealuchi ( Light to Fire ), Hetzel ( Thunder to Water ) and Lekain ( Wind to Earth ).

actually i also though this.

but i studied really carefully the battle things in FE9 and apparently the armor ends slightly below the horn. the horn is a part of the horse, not of the armor. At least in FE9

Edited by Aphrodite

Here's one: Rienfleche means 'nothing bow' in french (rien= nothing, fleche=bow). I learned that after I change my user name.

Maybe it was supposed to be the peerless bow?

Edited by Reinfleche

Here's one: Rienfleche means 'nothing bow' in french (rien= nothing, fleche=bow). I learned that after I change my user name.

Maybe it was supposed to be the peerless bow?

Or Lion Fleche?

Yeah wasn't that supposed to be what its called?

And by peerless bow I meant something equivalent to peerless in french.

I realize what you meant. And it was supposed to be Lion Fleche, as peerless in french is sans paire

In FE7, knight lord is the only promoted mounted class that doesn't have 8 move.

In FE9, valkyries have 8 move and all other promoted mounts (horses, wyverns, pegasi) have 9 move.

That same type of thing happened in FE8 troubadors had 7 move I think and valkyries, mage knights, great lords, and rangers had 7 move.

You know, now that I think about it...

What about promotions elicits a wardrobe change that happens on the spot?