Strange FE Facts

thanibomb

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You clean up a pirate invasion in FE1/3/11, but it's probably not the "clean up" that you meant : P

Well, from the sound of that it was an event that did cause quite a bit of upheaval, so that counts.

She suffered from balancing just like many other PoR characters. I can only imagine how that came to be...

IS person 1: So, we murdered Soren's speed and stole Mist's pony, who's next?

IS person 2: Nephenee, I think.

ISP1: How about we give her weapon she can barely lift, then put her on a map with only Brom to help her out? We can make her interact with a lesbian thief to distract from the fact that we nerfed her.

ISP2: Brilliant!

In FE9, you can't buy weapons or items until chapter 8 but you get a lot of weapons from enemies and chests. Sometimes, it's too much and you have to drop some stuff.

A lot of the characters in FE10 have horrible availability and need bexp, paragon, and lots of favouritism to be useful in the last part of the game.

Edited by KSFF2150

She suffered from balancing just like many other PoR characters. I can only imagine how that came to be...

IS person 1: So, we murdered Soren's speed and stole Mist's pony, who's next?

IS person 2: Nephenee, I think.

ISP1: How about we give her weapon she can barely lift, then put her on a map with only Brom to help her out? We can make her interact with a lesbian thief to distract from the fact that we nerfed her.

ISP2: Brilliant!

Better:

IS: Let's put a Lord in a game with low Speed against enemies with ridiculously high hit and AS! ^_________^

Rooftops and hagues give enormous Def/Avo boosts in FE5, but it's impossible to get onto them. Unless you just land your fucking Dragon/Pegasus on someone's rooftop and decide to get off. Or you come out of the house, obviously (Homer, Hicks, Ronan...).

Maybe more like a "things that don't make sense" one, but a strange fact nonetheless.

Fire Emblem countries are often named after a place that really exists/existed. Gallia, Thracia, Crimea, Orleans, Macedonia, Bern, Etruria, Ostia etc. Most of the placenames are of Greek or Roman origin. Akeneia is one of the very few original names, IIRC.

Edited by Tamara

Meg as Marshall.

WIN!!!

Also, from FE6 and on, there's one lance, axe, and magic user, and the rest are swords... Where's the bow lord? (I know that'd be weird, but cmon!)

Radiant Dawn wasn't first game to feature a magic-using lord. Why must everyone overlook the awesomeness that is Celica?

Because they don't know about Gaiden, and thus don't know how much Radiant Dawn borrows from it.

Radiant Dawn wasn't first game to feature a magic-using lord. Why must everyone overlook the awesomeness that is Celica?

Cecilia used swords as well. Micaiah was the first primary magic lord.

Fire Emblem countries are often named after a place that really exists/existed. Gallia, Thracia, Crimea, Orleans, Macedonia, Bern, Etruria, Ostia etc. Most of the placenames are of Greek or Roman origin. Akeneia is one of the very few original names, IIRC.

FE9-10 has Serenes, Goldoa, Kilvas, and Daein, which I'm pretty sure aren't real places. I don't think Begnion and Hatari are either. Of course, Crimea, Gallia (Gaul) and Phoenicis (Phoenicia) are... but that's still no more than a 5:4 ratio, and possibly as low as 1:2.

Edited by Paper Jam

These probably aren't that strange but...

-If I'm not mistaken, in FE2 everybody literally had no resistance growth, so the only way to gain magical defense was to get promoted. Res growth was pretty bad in Akaneia as well.

-However, in one of the BS FE games, Camus has an impressive 60% growth in that area.

-Also, FE2 alone seems to have over half of FE's recruitable orange-haired characters.

-If I'm not mistaken, in FE2 everybody literally had no resistance growth, so the only way to gain magical defense was to get promoted. Res growth was pretty bad in Akaneia as well.

That's probably derived from how magic worked in FE1 - it had fixed damage, so a RES growth would effectively render it useless. True, STR affects magic power in FE2, but that could be a balancing mistake.

-Also, FE2 alone seems to have over half of FE's recruitable orange-haired characters.

Actually, that's LOL NES. Most NES games handle only a very, very limited number of simultaneous colors (like 8?), so...