Playing H5 and noticed something weird...

I was playing Chapter 17 and I noticed that both manaketes had maxed speed (20) and were both equipped with firestones. However, when I had one of them attack Shiida who had 21 speed at the time, I was shocked that she got double attacked. I thought that firestones only gave a +4 speed bonus. Even so, I gave a speedwing to Julian to get him to 22 speed but was frusturated when he got double attacked (and thus fried) as well. Finally, I wasted my speedwing on Shiida to get her speed to 23, and that was enough to prevent the dragon from getting a second attack. So do firestones give a +4 speed bonus or a +6 speed bonus? In earlier chapters, I had characters with 17 speed not get double attacked against firestone manaketes with 16 speed. Isn't the formula for double-attacking supposed to be when one unit's speed is > another unit's speed by at least 4 points?

Don't know if I need to clarify, but Manakete caps usually lie on higher difficulties. They can actually reach up to 30 for each stat, barring Speed (24 for Mage Dragons and 26 for Fire Dragons), due to the way enemy stats are handled.

If only your own Manaketes could do that : /