Programs for ripping Flash content?

VincentASM

Well, all i know of is DownloadHelper add-on for firefox. I use it mainly for ripping videos off of the youtube flash player. Of course this ends up with it as a .flv (flash video file). I use vlc for playing those. :P If you want screenshots, vlc is able to take one from any video you play in it.

Assuming you've not set your browser to delete the cache or anything, most (if not all) the content of flash based websites should be lying about in the cache. That also includes FLV files (which btw isn't what Vincent was exactly after since text and images were said).

But what Vincent wants is to be able to edit the flash file and thus take individual components suich as the text or images. Thing is I'd think of saying "yeah macromedia flash" or some application like that, but I get a weird feeling that there is some sort of protect mode (I don't know why I have that feeling). Well one way to find out...

In summary. Grab flash file from brwoser cache. Verify said file is what you are after. Open it in macromedia flash and see what happens...

Edited by Starwolf_UK