I wonder if we'll see Dual Wielding next...?

Aurabolt

In Radiant Dawn, Altina was a dual-wielding swordswoman. She fought with both Ragnell and Aldontite in each hand. In the Anime for Fire Emblem 1, Rutger uses two blades and the Sprites for Thieves in the GBA games show them using two blades as well.

I await the day we get a Fire Emblem in which you can equip two weapons. The possibilities XD

In Radiant Dawn, Altina was a dual-wielding swordswoman. She fought with both Ragnell and Aldontite in each hand. In the Anime for Fire Emblem 1, Rutger uses two blades and the Sprites for Thieves Assassins in the GBA games show them using two blades as well.

I await the day we get a Fire Emblem in which you can equip two weapons. The possibilities XD

Fix'd.

But yeah, that would be pretty sweet if we could have dual weapons, although I'd be kind of afraid to see how IS implements it...

Maybe the second weapon will only be used on a double attack? It could be useful, for example, to conserve uses of an effective weapon while still one-rounding enemies, or to try for a crit on the first hit while doing more damage on the second should the first hit fail, or various other unlikely scenarios...

It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of practical purpose =/

No.

What on earth are you saying "no" to? If you don't like the idea, then at least explain why you dislike it. It doesn't take much effort.

Edited by Musashi

Oh come on you guys, how often does IS cock up their new concepts? Honestly, as far as I can see, Shoving, Rescueing, Skills (each time they put them in), Class Swap, hell, even Double Classes was a pretty big success. I really think you guys give them less credit than is due.

In Radiant Dawn, Altina was a dual-wielding swordswoman. She fought with both Ragnell and Aldontite in each hand. In the Anime for Fire Emblem 1, Rutger uses two blades and the Sprites for Thieves in the GBA games show them using two blades as well.

maybe you meant Nabarl

ugh, after the class swap thing I expect everything from Intelligent Systems

huh? There is a FE anime?
two episodes, game wise it stops at chapter 3, lol, so basically the first episode keeps pumping up the story and the background for nothing

Oh come on you guys, how often does IS cock up their new concepts? Honestly, as far as I can see, Shoving, Rescueing, Skills (each time they put them in), Class Swap, hell, even Double Classes was a pretty big success. I really think you guys give them less credit than is due.

Double Classes, as in branched promotions? That concept wasn't that successful, especially considering that IS forgot to balance out certain classes...

Also, Creature Campaign. I rest my case. ;)

Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem, not Final Fantasy. Dual wielding simply doesn't fit in Fire Emblem games, in my opinion.

Well, given that Fire Emblem is a fantasy universe and a lot of things tend to happen in fantasy universes, it's actually quite possible to dual-wield stuff. But IS would have to find a really good way to make it work...

Main weapon: normal attacks

Sub weapon: Crit Attack.

It would work, if you selected the order.

What do you mean by selection of the order? I take it to mean that if you picked the Sub weapon, you'd always be able to land a critical hit and the feature would be more broken than RadiantDawn!Ike.

Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem, not Final Fantasy. Dual wielding simply doesn't fit in Fire Emblem games, in my opinion.

well before shadow dragon it would have sounded "class swapping? Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem, not Tactics Ogre. Job change simply doesn't fit in Fire Emblem games, in my opinion." or "faceless replacements? Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem, not Cannon Fodder."

Edited by SAMUS TUTA ZERO D'ACCIAIO

What do you mean by selection of the order? I take it to mean that if you picked the Sub weapon, you'd always be able to land a critical hit and the feature would be more broken than RadiantDawn!Ike.

No, no. The sub weapon would be used only in crits, with the power of the weapon. The order select would be like which weapon you would want to be the main, and which one you would want to be the sub.

Double Classes, as in branched promotions? That concept wasn't that successful, especially considering that IS forgot to balance out certain classes...

Also, Creature Campaign. I rest my case. ;)

Lolno. FE has never, EVER been balanced, so I fail to see how that is an argument, at ALL, especially when if you're REALLY that concerned you can always choose to use the Default Promotions anyway.

And how was Creature Campaign a failure? Seriously, point out one thing it was a failure for.

Lolno. FE has never, EVER been balanced, so I fail to see how that is an argument, at ALL, especially when if you're REALLY that concerned you can always choose to use the Default Promotions anyway.

And how was Creature Campaign a failure? Seriously, point out one thing it was a failure for.

No human enemies.

No, no. The sub weapon would be used only in crits, with the power of the weapon. The order select would be like which weapon you would want to be the main, and which one you would want to be the sub.

Ah. So it's kind of a Riviera-type thing where you select weapons before eachfight? I think that could work.

No human enemies.

This, plus the fact that there was no story behind it and that there wasn't a whole lot that kept you coming back to it (I would've liked more than just the secret characters, thank you very much...).

Ah. So it's kind of a Riviera-type thing where you select weapons before eachfight? I think that could work.

Don't know Riviera, but yes, I think so.

Although the combination can't change in the Enemy Phase.

Don't know Riviera, but yes, I think so.

Although the combination can't change in the Enemy Phase.

In Riviera, it's like this: before you fight, you pick up to three (usually two with one person being automatic) people from a party of five and four items from an inventory of sixteen items. From there, you do battle with your three characters and your four items. This whole dual-wielding sword concept sounds quite a bit like it, except it's less character specific (as in Riviera each character did different things with the same item) and you're not really forced encourage to change the arrangement of weapons (as you have to pick everything at the start of every battle in Riviera, regardless of what your arrangement was for the last battle you were in).

Edited by Midir