Affinity Criteria

Posaydal

As the topic suggests, is it a birthday thing or a personality thing?

Why are Soren and Micaiah dark affinity and Ike and Nolan Earth affinity?

I know there are several quizzes on the 'net but do these draw from any official source or just popular conjecture?

They can all be justified by personality somehow for PCs, but your own affinity in FE7 is obviously solely determined by which month you pick.

In Radiant Dawn and maybe Path of Radianceenemies had affinity. In Radiant Dawn I thought it was funny how fire spirits had fire affinity, thunder spirits had thunder and, wind spirits had wind.

In Radiant Dawn and maybe Path of Radianceenemies had affinity. In Radiant Dawn I thought it was funny how fire spirits had fire affinity, thunder spirits had thunder and, wind spirits had wind.

It doesn't matter, in FE8 all monsters have fark affinity.

so what do you believe are the certain traits for each affinity?

I think it's like this and i'm using the FE9-10 affinity system, by the way

Light: Friendly, open, honest characters. usually highly optimistic and sometimes a bit care-free.

Fire: Impulsive and active. take initiative for their actions. highly confident.

Water: Sensitive, calm, relaxed people. Usually are highly sensitive to people's feelings. The artsy-fartsy type.

Wind: Easily adapt to changing situations. Usually open minded. Highly skilled. Sometimes a bit ditsy.

Earth: Down to earth. Cool, calm, and collected. Rarely loose their wits in dangerous situations.

Thunder: Unpredictable. Impulsive. Strong-minded and/or stubborn, causing them to sometimes have a hard time changing.

Heaven: Closed and reserved. Have a hard time trusting others. Are careful making friendships, but once there, they become friends for life.

Dark: Shrewd and calculating. Cunning. Usually highly reserved.

what do you think?

Edited by Aphrodite

so what do you believe are the certain traits for each affinity?

I think it's like this and i'm using the FE9-10 affinity system, by the way

Light: Friendly, open, honest characters. usually highly optimistic and sometimes a bit care-free.

Fire: Impulsive and active. take initiative for their actions. highly confident.

Water: Sensitive, calm, relaxed people. Usually are highly sensitive to people's feelings. The artsy-fartsy type.

Wind: Easily adapt to changing situations. Usually open minded. Highly skilled. Sometimes a bit ditsy.

Earth: Down to earth. Cool, calm, and collected. Rarely loose their wits in dangerous situations.

Thunder: Unpredictable. Impulsive. Strong-minded and/or stubborn, causing them to sometimes have a hard time changing.

Heaven: Closed and reserved. Have a hard time trusting others. Are careful making friendships, but once there, they become friends for life.

Dark: Shrewd and calculating. Cunning. Usually highly reserved.

what do you think?

You hit it on the nail for pretty much all of them. I'd add:

Thunder affinities are proud, sometimes arrogant

Dark affinities are mysterious or secretive characters, usually hiding a difficult past

Wind affinities tend to fool around alot and seem free spirited

As for the GBA ones, Anima is basically Earth in most aspects, while Ice has some elements of Dark and Water. They are usually rather cold, but deep down they're caring individuals.

Of course, there's always exceptions. Gatrie is more of a Wind affinity than a Light to me.

Edited by Trabant

The Dayen/Yodel Support is relevant atleast for GBA's.

A Support

Dayan: The seven affinities... Their effects will only appear through bonds with other people. When your heart is linked with someone else's... That is when the elements reveal their true power.

Yodel: Yes. Saint Elimine also said to cherish your relationships.

Dayan: Hm... I wonder if we have been able to link our hearts with each other.

Yodel: I am sure we have. We have yet to find out what effects it has...