H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

I'd totally agree if there was any real gap between one and the other in this chapter, but they're almost equal for the moment. That's really the only tiebreaker I can think of.

Yes, there's the whole starting positions, but Lena can get there in like 2 turns before anybody needs healing anyway so Riff's starting position really doesn't do anything.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is that Lena, since she benefits more from the staff Exp, is better than Wrys? I don't really see how that is possibly true. It doesn't affect their performance in any way, and I don't see Lena level up during Chapter 3, either, so she doesn't really gain anything from it, while Wrys might gain a level since he has already been healing things for a longer time, and might thus have a bit more Exp at the start of the chapter, which means he has a higher chance to gain a level, which means he actually benefits more from the staff Exp.

Again, they're not just close: They're equal. Totally for all intents and purposes equal. I would totally get this if they weren't equal at this point in time, but you have to break the tie somehow.

which means he actually benefits more from the staff Exp.

And give him a bunch of +0s, or res, a stat irrelevant at this point?

Then they're completely equal (I won't really do any more research, so I'll just assume that what you're saying is correct), but then what's this bullshit about Lena benefitting more from the Exp than Wrys, if neither gain a level or stat ups anyway?

At this point, Wrys and Lena are doing the exact same job, and neither are going to be getting very significant stat gains, despite Lena technically being better.

Lena isn't really going to use her staff level until Mend comes around, so Wrys will start dropping around Ch. 4 or so, but even then he'll still have some use and doesn't have a hard time getting a D himself.

So I would keep Wrys and Lena close to each other for Ch. 3.

Edited by Chainey

What does that have to do with it? That all doesn't change their performance in chapter 3. If they're equal, then put them in the same spot, and don't find some lame excuse to put one a spot higher than another.

I would say the only reason Lena > Wrys is because her stats are better, and is a better long term investment.

Wrys doesn't really have enough beginning-of-chapter utility to take her spot, since by the time enemies come, Lena is around.

Long term investment doesn't matter anything when we look at their performance during the chapter.

Considering how Lena and Wrys aren't getting doubled often anyway (if at all, I'm too lazy to check), I'd say Rena's 1-2 Spd lead is far less valuable than the 1 additional HP Wrys possibly heals. Remember, 1 HP can make all the difference.

Edited by Tino

EDIT: You have a typo in your post.

Anyway, I want to put Wrys above Rena, but I'm just not seeing it. He just doesn't have enough time to himself, and Rena comes, they can just pass each other the staff using the extrananeous characters you aren't using if you need even more healing.

Edited by Chainey

All she has is 1-2 Spd (dependent on whether Wrys has gained a point of Spd or not in any of his level up(s)), and that's it. She also has some pretty irrelevant Luc over him, I suppose, but like I said, that's irrelevant (their Avo isn't reliable anyway, and both aren't going to get crit'd either), so it's basically healing 1 HP vs. 1-2 Spd, the latter of which is irrelevant since neither are getting double anyway.

All she has is 1-2 Spd (dependent on whether Wrys has gained a point of Spd or not in any of his level up(s)), and that's it. She also has some pretty irrelevant Luc over him, I suppose, but like I said, that's irrelevant (their Avo isn't reliable anyway, and both aren't going to get crit'd either), so it's basically healing 1 HP vs. 1-2 Spd, the latter of which is irrelevant since neither are getting double anyway.
They have to be ordered on the list somehow.

So you concede my argument, good.

Why the hell are we actually arguing the least significant thing in the chapter, by the way (which is the difference between Wrys and Lena)?

If there's even one thing in that chapter that Lena survives while Wrys does not (like Hunters), then Lena above Wrys is justified. Not "makes better use of EXP" which is bull. They are fine as they are now (same tier, right next to each other).

Edited by Mekkah

If there's even one thing in that chapter that Lena survives while Wrys does not (like Hunters), then Lena above Wrys is justified. Not "makes better use of EXP" which is bull. They are fine as they are now (same tier, right next to each other).

Wrys gets doubled by fighters and hunters. Lena doesn't and she manages to survive an attack from a hunter. Then there's a 5 avoid lead she has on Wrys if that means anything.

C3 being Lena's recruitment chapter? I'd definitely argue Wrys > Lena considering they both get raped, and guess who's the one who starts out with the Heal staff? He can make your strategy a bit more flexible (considering Lena is shitting her pants and running from the north, and you're definitely not using your Warp staff on Julian) as opposed to Lena. :|

It's still an option that's there that Lena has no access to. It's also easier to use a Heal staff so your unit can easily take another hit (since they do like 60% to you, and everyone will have at best 24 HP so that's like 15 damage), which is more than what Lena can say.

By the time enemies actually arrive, Lena is with your army.

This. Also, since Wrys dies more easily than Lena, if you keep the Heal staff with him and he's killed by a Hunter (Lena won't be), you won't have access to it until chapter 4.

This is why you check movement before doing stuff. lol

It's simple though. You have a bunch of units you want to kill off block the bandits to the north, and go west with units you're actually going to use to fight those bandits. Lena comes to your group, but Wrys helps more.

Fighters all rape the hell out of Lena. Not really the Hunters, but Hunters are easy to kill before they get to you.