The best Zelda timeline

General Spoon

whatever, if you're not letting people who don't want to read a 132 page document talk, but played each game since they could see, then fine.

whatev.

i've got bigger fish to fry.

:mellow:

*facepalms*

dude, it wouldnt take long to read and it might actually help you make a solid argument as to why you dont like the split timeline theory...

*facepalms*

dude, it wouldnt take long to read and it might actually help you make a solid argument as to why you dont like the split timeline theory...

i never said i didn't like the split timeline, nor disapproved of the split timeline.

if i did, then i surely didn't think about what i was saying.

When i first started playing Twilight Princess, i figured that Twilight was at least the adventure that DID NOT happen and led to Flood. Then, when the true villain of the game reveals himself and shows how he has manipulated everything, that solidified that notion.

i think there are split timelines, but some games are rather "underdeveloped" to actually place them in a timeline....and part of a timeline would actually have to put a passage of time between games. How much time passes between the original NES game and the nearest one?

you cannot do it, that game has no narrative. It's a challenge, and that's what that game was supposed to be.

Honestly i don't think they started Zelda with the knowledge of a timeline, i think they did that either during the creation of Ocarina, or after it.

when i first played TP i thought it was the precursor to ALttP...and since both games are suspect to being on the Child Timeline, maybe im not too far off..

You are correct in saying they did not imagine a timeline when the first games were created, although a time line was hinted when ALttP was released (they said it took place 100 or so years BEFORE LoZ, hence the name A Link to the Past)

OoT solidified the fact they aimed for a timeline..the games that came after on the other hand...hmmm