Fomortiis is more pathetic than Idoun

Every promoted class in the game can ORKO the oversized bat monkey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMKCMzMuxWE...re=channel_page

So is Fomortiis the easiest endgame boss in FE history? I only see him, Idoun and Berdo in contention, though I hear the FE4 final boss is rather trivial if you acquire the narga tome.

Edited by Vykan12

Depends on your definition of easy. If you restrict yourself a lot, Formootis becomes harder than Fire Dragon/Idoun...if you don't, they're all easy beyond comparison (though I'd say Berdo doesn't deserve to be below them).

Amazing video, especially the last attack was absolutely amazing. No Mage Knight Lute/L'Arachel though?

Depends on your definition of easy. If you restrict yourself a lot, Formootis becomes harder than Fire Dragon/Idoun...

I actually found Idoun to be the easiest of these three, with Fire Dragon coming behind and Formortiis being the hardest. Mostly because I restrain myself a lot when attacking final bosses in these games.

Also, I notice an inherent lack of some people. I thought there was that method of one-shotting Formortiis that involved using a Wyvern Lord Cormag with an A support with Tana and waiting for Pierce to activate or something?

Edited by Edgard Varése

At least the GBA ones (and FE5). FE4's final boss almost requires a specific weapon to beat and FE9/10 take a few turns to beat because Ike only does like ~9 a hit to the final boss and you need to beat all of the auras in FE10. There aren't really any particuarly hard final bosses though =/

Though I hear Hard 5 Medeus is annoying with 30 speed and all.

At least the GBA ones (and FE5). FE4's final boss almost requires a specific weapon to beat and FE9/10 take a few turns to beat because Ike only does like ~9 a hit to the final boss and you need to beat all of the auras in FE10. There aren't really any particuarly hard final bosses though =/

FE10's fight was probably the hardest final boss fight in any FE game, as you had the auras to contend with while figuring out just how the hell you were going to heal the damage from those god-awfully annoying AOE attacks that Ashera pulls on you every other turn. It's so much easier with Fortify, though. At least that staff exists. Ashnard was kind of a joke, although I'm saying this without ever having played Hard mode. He wasn't as much of a gimmicky final boss as the GBA bosses, though.

Formortiis was really easy, his skills are really bad because almost anyone can avoid while the fire dragon from FE7 has good a good skill stat, I beat Fomortiis with Natasha.

I like how his Vanessa was a Wyvern Lord >_>

Don’t tell youtubers this but I don’t have the patience to make an entire playthrough just to get a few boss kills recorded. I use codebreaker to hack in character’s stats but I’m very careful to make sure everything is legit. I’ll only cap out the necessary stuff like strength, skill and sometimes speed and every other stat I hack in is based on the character’s 20/20 averages. Basically, even though I was technically using cheats, everything you see is possible on a regular playthrough, minus that little promotion blunder with Vanessa :/

Depends on your definition of easy. If you restrict yourself a lot, Formootis becomes harder than Fire Dragon/Idoun...if you don't, they're all easy beyond comparison (though I'd say Berdo doesn't deserve to be below them).

I’d go more by how many different strategies you could use to kill the boss with minimal risk. There is a lot to consider in an Idoun vs Fomortiis comparison.

-Idoun gets killed normally by Roy and Fa, assuming they have decent stats. The same can’t be said for Fomortiis unless you give Myrrh some body rings.

-Idoun cannot counter at 2 range, which makes it virtually harmless to swarm her with ranged attacks. However Fomortiis has a pathetic hit rate of 130ish, and you’ll see in the video that many characters only face 30-40ish display hit. Another thing is that Fomortiis for some reason calls in reinforcements instead of attacking on enemy phase sometimes.

-With the exception of FE6 berserkers and snipers, Fomortiis generally faces larger critical rates than Idoun. He is also more easily damaged because of the overpowered nature of the S rank weapons in the game, whereas Idoun is actually somewhat hard to damage with non-Roy-Fa characters. In fact, I’d say Fomortiis would be easier to kill if you didn’t bother with supports, for what it’s worth.

I might’ve forgot some stuff, but meh. Berdo is harder to compare to them because he’s incredibly easy to kill thanks to the critical coefficient system, but he’s also pretty annoying with his stone spell (or was it fenrir?).

No Mage Knight Lute/L'Arachel though?

That would involve showing Ivaldi/Excalibur animation again, which makes the video more redundant than it already is (I’ll openly admit the video is a bit repetitive :P)

I actually found Idoun to be the easiest of these three, with Fire Dragon coming behind and Formortiis being the hardest. Mostly because I restrain myself a lot when attacking final bosses in these games.

The red dragon is actually a pretty hard kill if you don’t use Nils, though you’d have to specify what constraints you were using.

I thought there was that method of one-shotting Formortiis that involved using a Wyvern Lord Cormag with an A support with Tana and waiting for Pierce to activate or something?

Wyvern kn/lord and Pegasus/falcoknight have very similar animations so I only included the triangle pierce critical, since it’s arguably the coolest way to take Fomortiis down.

They were all manipulated. I mean getting say, a 30% crit chance twice in a row is a 9% chance, which is really high when you can re-try an attack many times per minute using savestates + arrow movement to burn RNs.

-Idoun gets killed normally by Roy and Fa, assuming they have decent stats. The same can’t be said for Fomortiis unless you give Myrrh some body rings.

Body Rings? Why? So they can sumo wrestle? Myrrh isn't weighed down by her Dragonstone.

-Idoun cannot counter at 2 range, which makes it virtually harmless to swarm her with ranged attacks.

This is harmless on player phase, yeah, but she can move on enemy phase. Though Formooitis can do the same after turn 1 and has 1~2 range, so bleh.

Another thing is that Fomortiis for some reason calls in reinforcements instead of attacking on enemy phase sometimes.

I think he only does this once. Another interesting thing about him is that

(forgive the ass quality). After you kill his reinforcements, he basically doesn't do anything but sitting there, Fire Dragon style, except worse since he doesn't have any minions that throw 3~10 range at you.
Berdo is harder to compare to them because he’s incredibly easy to kill thanks to the critical coefficient system, but he’s also pretty annoying with his stone spell (or was it fenrir?).

He has Jormung and Stone, the latter of which is 3~10 range if my memory serves. I personally think Berdo is underrated since you don't really get a specified Berdo killer, plus there's the whole "if he Stones Leaf and you don't have Kia with you you have to start all over" thing.

I thought there was that method of one-shotting Formortiis that involved using a Wyvern Lord Cormag with an A support with Tana and waiting for Pierce to activate or something?

Cormag can OHKO Fomortiis with Vidofnir and a Pierce Critical on his own.

Also assuming he has full attack supports ( like A Tana/B Duessel ), he can OHKO it with a mundane Killer Lance, with a Pierce critical of course.

Edited by Trabant

In fact, Cormag can ORKO Formooitis with a Slim Lance. Requires 26 base atk (cap str + 1 from support, or lower str and more from supports), one critical and two Pierce activations, but still.

Just about every final boss is a pushover. You generally get weapons that are specifically designed to kill them.

QFT!

Just waste stat boosters on your main Lords (and make sure they're 20/20) and use the inevitable "legendary weapons" (OMG =0)!

Easy as π!

What? In the cutscene?! D:

Otherwise you just shouldn't bother with Athos *cough* because he sucks *cough*. :D

Athos is a godsend for new players, especially if said new player kills all his good units by the time the final chapters rolls around.

Athos is a godsend for new players, especially if said new player kills all his good units by the time the final chapters rolls around.

Athos doesn't suck, the first time I played that last chapter I didn't kill all my good units, though, it's true every new player thinks Athos is good.

What? In the cutscene?! D:

Otherwise you just shouldn't bother with Athos *cough* because he sucks *cough*. :D

No, I mean that the Fire Dragon gets HHM bonuses and occasionally does 40 HP damage per hit, which one-shots Athos.

Also, I have a hunch that Athos does the most damage per round of combat against the Fire Dragon at a reasonable endgame level. I'll see when I finish my average stat HHM playthrough.