FE9 Thread!!!!!

Liz

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone here besides me think the English title for PoR is totally iunrelated to the game? The Japanese title is "Trail of Blue Flames" am I correct? That's much better.

Does anyone here besides me think the English title for PoR is totally iunrelated to the game? The Japanese title is "Trail of Blue Flames" am I correct? That's much better.

And FE10's original title is Goddess of Dawn.

That's NOA for you, sir.

And FE10's original title is Goddess of Dawn.

That's NOA for you, sir.

Well Radiant Dawn sorta makes sense. They refrence Micaiah bringing dawn to Daein several times in Pt 1, and they might even say radiant with it at some point, though Goddess of Dawn is better. But they tried to link Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn.

actually, its not all that far off if you see the title as a reference to Lehran's Medallion.

It radiated the blue flames in chaos. so, as the army traveled from one location to the next, the medallion would radiate, thus creating a path of radiance.

:mellow:

Well Radiant Dawn sorta makes sense. They refrence Micaiah bringing dawn to Daein several times in Pt 1, and they might even say radiant with it at some point, though Goddess of Dawn is better. But they tried to link Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn.

actually, i think Radiant Dawn is a much better title for the game, and fits the theme of the game much better than Goddess of Dawn.

think about it this way. before the games, for some reason or another there have always been conflicts between beorc and laguz, from nation to nation. if you look at it symbolically, this could, in a way, represent the night of a day. especially when you consider the many references that Ashunera had hair the color of the dawn or something like that. the early years, when the peoples of tellius got along and loved each other and weren't killing each other off could effectively represent a dawn of sorts, the dawn of a new world, the dawn of new civilizations, the dawn of history, etc., and this idea is incarnated by the means of Ashunera.

once the people of tellius split and become beorc and laguz, and after the catastrophe in which most of the world was destroyed, Ashunera split into Ashera and Yune. She was no longer the "Goddess of Dawn." Meanwhile, the hatred between the peoples of Tellius grew into cosmic proportions as each group betrayed and damaged the other. This time period could in fact represent the Night.

In Radiant Dawn, however, new rulers come to power. the different races begin to interact earnestly for the first time in centuries, and there is hope for a time of peace and tranquility for the races. they were beginning to see dawn of a better day, one which radiated of hope and corny stuff like that. likewise, the goddesses decided to move towards balance, become Ashunera back again, and be again the Goddess of Dawn.

As such, the goddess of dawn was nothing more than a physical manifestation of what was going on in Tellius at the time. A new and radiant dawn was approaching. the title was perfect the way it was.

but, then again, that could only be my final year in honors english in which the teacher told us to overanalyze absolutely everything.

actually, i think Radiant Dawn is a much better title for the game, and fits the theme of the game much better than Goddess of Dawn.

think about it this way. before the games, for some reason or another there have always been conflicts between beorc and laguz, from nation to nation. if you look at it symbolically, this could, in a way, represent the night of a day. especially when you consider the many references that Ashunera had hair the color of the dawn or something like that. the early years, when the peoples of tellius got along and loved each other and weren't killing each other off could effectively represent a dawn of sorts, the dawn of a new world, the dawn of new civilizations, the dawn of history, etc., and this idea is incarnated by the means of Ashunera.

once the people of tellius split and become beorc and laguz, and after the catastrophe in which most of the world was destroyed, Ashunera split into Ashera and Yune. She was no longer the "Goddess of Dawn." Meanwhile, the hatred between the peoples of Tellius grew into cosmic proportions as each group betrayed and damaged the other. This time period could in fact represent the Night.

In Radiant Dawn, however, new rulers come to power. the different races begin to interact earnestly for the first time in centuries, and there is hope for a time of peace and tranquility for the races. they were beginning to see dawn of a better day, one which radiated of hope and corny stuff like that. likewise, the goddesses decided to move towards balance, become Ashunera back again, and be again the Goddess of Dawn.

As such, the goddess of dawn was nothing more than a physical manifestation of what was going on in Tellius at the time. A new and radiant dawn was approaching. the title was perfect the way it was.

but, then again, that could only be my final year in honors english in which the teacher told us to overanalyze absolutely everything.

I agree, although we're both probably overanalyzing it. Goddess of Dawn just seemed a little bit better because the game was all about the conflicts that came from the stupid "Goddess of Dawn's" identity crisis. I like Radiant Dawn, but they should have released the English name earlier so I didn't get so attached to the Japanese one.

But I still don't see the relevance of PoR's name except some really weird symbolic meaning of Ike's spiritual journey. The name's cool, just irrelevant.

Not to be ungrateful for the other four, but that statement is the biggest lie on SF.

i may have to side with Fourth Fox on this matter. catgirls are overrated

Not to be ungrateful for the other four, but that statement is the biggest lie on SF.

No it isn't.

i may have to side with Fourth Fox on this matter. catgirls are overrated

Thank you.

Overrated, maybe. Fail, lies.

Overrated in the sense that everyone seems to like them.

Fail in the sense that they are some of the worst characters in their game (In Lyre's case, dead worst).

No it isn't.

Thank you.

Overrated in the sense that everyone seems to like them.

Fail in the sense that they are some of the worst characters in their game (In Lyre's case, dead worst).

Lethe was one of the best units in PoR, IMHO. She always ranked in the top 5 for me.

RD, however, fucked most of the Laguz over. Though L&L are still physically attractive, their stats blow.

Besides, RD has the beautiful Vika. >.>;;