FE4 Glitch

Kriemhild

I remember when I was playing FE4, I had this strange glitch. I'm using the translation patch. In the final chapter, whenever I dismounted Celice and let him wait, he stays greyed out even after I end my turn. And when it becomes my turn again, the cursor starts at the top-left corner of the screen and Celice remains greyed out. It is then impossible to control Celice without using Leen. Even if I mount him back up after using Leen, the permanent greyed out glitch remains. I even tried dismounting him and ending the turn with him blue. Even then, if I make him wait the next turn, he gets glitched

Bottom line: When I dismount Celice and end my turn with him dismounted, the glitch activates and Celice remains permanently greyed out until a dancer dances.

Seen that one and it's exactly why you should never dismount Celice. It happened to me while using SNES9x and I fixed it by loading up the save file in ZSNES. Don't know if that always works.

I used snes9x as well. Maybe it's the emu that caused it then? There were other minor glitches I found though. Final Chapter Hilda had Major Dain blood instead of minor Fala blood. And in chapter 7, Tinny had the Thunder Mage sprite in the map until ch 8, where it changed back into the proper Mage sprite. Also I think Scorpio didn't have the minor Ulir blood that he was supposed to have but I'm not sure of this one.

So are those glitches all because of the emulator or are they from the game?

Weird, that never happened to me.

Although I just tried to unmount Celice in the (J) ROM.

Hmm. It makes more sense of the patched file gave the errors since emulator shouldn't really create glitches like that.

I used snes9x as well. Maybe it's the emu that caused it then? There were other minor glitches I found though. Final Chapter Hilda had Major Dain blood instead of minor Fala blood. And in chapter 7, Tinny had the Thunder Mage sprite in the map until ch 8, where it changed back into the proper Mage sprite. Also I think Scorpio didn't have the minor Ulir blood that he was supposed to have but I'm not sure of this one.

So are those glitches all because of the emulator or are they from the game?

All of these, along with a bunch of others, are in the game. The one in your first post I've experienced several times in ZSNES both with and withouth translation patch.

All of these, along with a bunch of others, are in the game. The one in your first post I've experienced several times in ZSNES both with and withouth translation patch.

Oh, thanks. Now I don't have to worry about playing FE5 with any restricting glitch when it's already hard enough from what I heard.

I do know there is one glitch in a certain version of the FE5 patch. If you highlight some of the later Mercenaries (or something) the game freezes because the name pointer is incorrect. My description might be a little off though.

I do know there is one glitch in a certain version of the FE5 patch. If you highlight some of the later Mercenaries (or something) the game freezes because the name pointer is incorrect. My description might be a little off though.

So it's impossible to select them? And the patch I'm using doesn't have any class named Mercenaries. There're Myrmidons, Heroes and Swordmasters. If that means I'm using a different patch, then I'm safe. Thanks for telling me though.

That'ss what happens to me, exept if you go over them the game freezes but if you press the button that makes the cursor go fast it doesn't happen.

So it's impossible to select them? And the patch I'm using doesn't have any class named Mercenaries. There're Myrmidons, Heroes and Swordmasters. If that means I'm using a different patch, then I'm safe. Thanks for telling me though.

For me if I highlight them and select them fast I can view them the game just freezes when I go back to the map.

Edited by luigi bros

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's the patch Vincent was talking about. There is only one good patch out there, after all.

I assume it works fine there too. I don't think selecting them with an attacking cursor freezes the game but hovering over them normally definitely does.

As an FYI, the Mercenaries that Vincent means are the ones that are called Heroes in the main FE5 patch.

I assume it works fine there too. I don't think selecting them with an attacking cursor freezes the game but hovering over them normally definitely does.

As an FYI, the Mercenaries that Vincent means are the ones that are called Heroes in the main FE5 patch.

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that before. If the glitch ever happens to me, I might decide to use save states without cheating.

The patch I believe was Luxifers. The patch worked fine throughout the game except the Mercenary in the Final Chapter (One of the Dark Lord Guardians, yes). Well it would freeze the game for a moment whenever that you place the curser on the mercenary. But I'm sure that your taking about a different patch though.

The patch I believe was Luxifers. The patch worked fine throughout the game except the Mercenary in the Final Chapter (One of the Dark Lord Guardians, yes). Well it would freeze the game for a moment whenever that you place the curser on the mercenary. But I'm sure that your taking about a different patch though.

So even if I am using that patch, I won't have to worry about it until the final chapter? Thanks. That made me feel a lot better.