Is Fire Emblem Dead?

Princess

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that if it is, this and many other forums wouldn't exist.

Ahaaha! That's true, but compared to other Nintendo games, there's only a few forums for Fire Emblem. And like... I didn't mean dead, I meant declining. :P

I doubt it, it seems to be having a decrease in popularity over here, although I think it's roughly unchanged in Japan.

I think the next real (New story, on a main console) game will spark some interest. As it is, the DS seems to be "Going out" so to say, or at least that's what I have gotten. I see no more DS commercials, and very few ads.

They should focus on improving graphics, err...changing it up a bit? It sucks how the DS isn't even close to being a great console (graphics wise). I really hope to see a new game for the Wii, however, as that'll give me more inspiration to save up money for one.

^Yes. I agree. The gameplay is perfect, they just need to work on the important parts like graphics.

I mean... the series. It seems like FE:DS isn't that good according to the scores I see... I don't want it to die! Please tell me I'm wrong!

Please, I hope you are NOT looking on GameFAQs for the reviews. Remember, GameFAQs are full of 12 year old middle schoolers and grown lazy men who have nothing better to do than to piss people off.

^Yes. I agree. The gameplay is perfect, they just need to work on the important parts like graphics.

Please, I hope you are NOT looking on GameFAQs for the reviews. Remember, GameFAQs are full of 12 year old middle schoolers and grown lazy men who have nothing better to do than to piss people off.

Eh, we're both 19 and we post on gamefaqs >_>. Does that make us "grown lazy men who have nothing better to do than to piss people off"?

But yeah the gamefaqs score aren't exactly a good thing to base your opinion on since some of the ratings and review are just troll attempts (and anti-troll attempts). Darth Haro's review isn't trolling or anti-trolling as far as I know.

Eh, we're both 19 and we post on gamefaqs >_>. Does that make us "grown lazy men who have nothing better to do than to piss people off"?

I was kidding! :P

Besides, we're the more mature members of that rabid site!

I don't think the series is dead but moreso that people don't really care for RPGs in the west. Fire Emblem hasn't been in America as long as say Zelda or Mario.

Common complaints I hear are...

1. The game is difficult and mostly aimed at hardcore games (LOL)

2. Graphics could've been better (me no care)

3. Imbalanced parts (this I agree with but it does not make me hate the game)

4. Support convos suck (>' ')>

5. Probably that there's not much of change in the gameplay (If you play FE and expect extreme changes to the gameplay then you should quit right now)

Edited by Levin

It better not be dead. I just got into this series this past summer and right now, it's my favourite series. The next one better be for Wii and if it's not better than RD it better be just as awesome.

A lot of people don't know what FE is and what it's about. And even if they know what it's about, maybe they're just not interested. Or maybe people are such graphic whores that they look at the graphics and say no. FE's always been about the gameplay and I think it's one of the best series Nintendo has.

It doesn't help when Nintendo does nothing to promote the series besides SSB. They don't even make a lot of copies of the games so how are new fans supposed to play them? 9 months after RD was released, I decided that I wanted it and I couldn't find it anywhere. I finally found it in Future Shop 30-40 mins away from where I live and I took the second last copy. Maybe RD would've sold more if people could actually find it. Nintendo just needs to get more people into FE without changing the things that make it good and just satify the rest of us FE fans.

Common complaints I hear are...

1. The game is difficult and mostly aimed at hardcore games (LOL)

They should get better like everyone else. <_<

2. Graphics could've been better (me no care)

True but it doesn't matter in the long run.

3. Imbalanced parts (this I agree with but it does not make me hate the game)

Yeah, the GMs are a huge change of pace compared to the DB.

4. Support convos suck (>' ')>

They actually complained about that? I never seen that around despite it actually being a legitimate complaint.

5. Probably that there's not much of change in the gameplay (If you play FE and expect extreme changes to the gameplay then you should quit right now)

I lol at this all the time.

A common complaint I see is that the gameplay animations are "dull".

Btw, If Fire Emblem dies, I might as well sell my Wii. That's the only game I play on it nowadays.

Edited by HeroMystic

Your typical casual gamer would get bored with FE quickly since they're mostly into mindless action and shooting games. Newbies of this type would most likely get their asses handed to them in the middle of the game since they'll fall for the Jeigan trap and feel like shit.

Casual games are usually easy and give the player a feeling of accomplishment. Your typical casual gamer would prefer this feeling of accomplishment over a "challenge" from an FE game >_>.

1. They should get better like everyone else. <_<

2. True but it doesn't matter in the long run.

3. Yeah, the GMs are a huge change of pace compared to the DB.

4. They actually complained about that? I never seen that around despite it actually being a legitimate complaint.

5. I lol at this all the time.

6. A common complaint I see is that the gameplay animations are "dull"

1. Yup

2. Yep.

3. Ja.

4. Ya, they did. Guess people grew attached to the GBA support system or something. Personally, I prefer the support system in FERD but the support convos are undeniably better in the GBA games.

5. Same here. MANY sequels hardly make any changes to the gameplay and yet they end up overrated.

6. LOL. I don't really care for animations. I'm fine with the map ones and animations off in RD.

Edited by Levin

Wasn't there a complaint about not being able to use your Miis in RD?

That's a stupid complaint. They look so out of place whenever they have the option to be used. I can't imagine miis in any hardcore game.

There were also complaints (by IGN and maybe some other sites) that RD didn't feel like a Wii game cause there weren't any motions or gestures involved. Seriously, how would that make the game better? I personally don't care for motion controls cause games like SMG and TP would be better without them. Unless the gameplay is so much better with them, like MP3.