Capital Punishment

Judge Judy

Well, then if manslaughter is accidentally killing somebody, would giving DP to the wrong person be an accident, thus it being manslaughter, which according to you is not murder, so there for a car wreck is the same thing as DP mishaps.
Study the law. Accidentally killing someone is manslaughter. <_<

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Murder requires intent.

1.) person, who knows that drunk driving can cause accidents, gets drunk and decides to drive.

2.) in his drunken state, drunk driver invades the other lane and crashes head-first into another car

3.) people in other car die.

get my point? negligence isn't an excuse to killing people in a car accident. you know what can happen in you're not careful while driving. and while it may not be quite murder, there is a really nice legal term called "involuntary manslaughter" which, if you ask me, is quite as bad as murder. you know that you can kill people with your actions, yet you still go through them.

but this is slightly off-topic, so i'll stop now.

The legal system doesn't do squat to prevent car accidents in a substantive way, and no amount of legal reform could change that. lol eneeway

Edited by Mac

Well, then if manslaughter is accidentally killing somebody, would giving DP to the wrong person be an accident, thus it being manslaughter, which according to you is not murder, so there for a car wreck is the same thing as DP mishaps.
Study the law. Accidentally killing someone is manslaughter. <_<

I know, that is exactly what I said. HE said car wrecks have nothing to do with giving the wrong person the DP and that it was a shitty comparison, and I stated it is the same thing.

1.) person, who knows that drunk driving can cause accidents, gets drunk and decides to drive.

2.) in his drunken state, drunk driver invades the other lane and crashes head-first into another car

3.) people in other car die.

get my point? negligence isn't an excuse to killing people in a car accident. you know what can happen in you're not careful while driving. and while it may not be quite murder, there is a really nice legal term called "involuntary manslaughter" which, if you ask me, is quite as bad as murder. you know that you can kill people with your actions, yet you still go through them.

but this is slightly off-topic, so i'll stop now.

Well I do agree the defendant must be accountable for his actions. They must recieve some form of punishment to not give excuse for other people to behave in a threatening manner.

For manslaugther.

Edited by Judge Judy

The legal system doesn't do squat to prevent car accidents in a substantive way, and no amount of legal reform could change that. lol eneeway

If the legal system forced everybody to start walking everywhere would that not prevent car accidents?

As a reactive body I doubt the Supreme Court, the only Court with anything like enough power to do something like that decided a case like that, no, and the Supreme Court is a reactive body so I don't know how they would ever get to decide on it, Congress would have to do something like that probably

but come on, really?

why did we even start talking about cars anyways?

this thread was about capital punishment, not about reckless driving.

anyways, capital punishment is adequate in certain situations. of course, you're not going to be killing off people who didn't pay their taxes or something.

:o

If the legal system forced everybody to start walking everywhere would that not prevent car accidents?

OMG!

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT DAM CARS! O_O

Use another bloody example fory crying out loud.

Edited by Judge Judy

why did we even start talking about cars anyways?

this thread was about capital punishment, not about reckless driving.

anyways, capital punishment is adequate in certain situations. of course, you're not going to be killing off people who didn't pay their taxes or something.

'Course not, if you do, you'll never get those taxes!

:mellow:

:P

I admit for like mass murderers, serial rapists, etc, I wouldn't be uncomfortable with them being executed, but the tough part is people who don't deserve death are going to get lumped in with them. I think that is unnecessary and almost unacceptable.

I call bullshit, prove it.

Take it easy fella, I'm not insulting anybody. I'll pull something up if you want.

Noremac, it's the setting up of executions in other ways that mostly makes it.

Edited by Mac

It does, not the killing though, the endless appeals and using the court makes it more.

Yeah, because that's is the case with all people facing the death penalty.

OWAITITSNOT

This legal system needs a revamp anyways.

Edit; Yes, I am asking you to prove it. Like I said.

Edited by Death

Quote, Ultimate Punishment: "In the United States in 2000, the average period between convivtion and execution was eleven and a half years, with lawyers and courts spewing out court briefs and decisions all that time. Public funds pay for almost all of this, since capital offenses are most often commited by the poor whose defenses are wholly maintained at the cost of the state. There is a lot to pay for. (court lawyers, appeal lawyers, prosecutors, cops/investigators, probation officers, shrinks, judges, yadda yadda) Those on death row are most often held in single cells, since a man with nothing to lose doesn't make for a good cell mate. Given all those costs, researchers seem to agree that imposing the death penalty is more expensive that leaving the killer alive. A study published in 2003, which was conducted by the gubernatorial commision in Indiana, concluded that in present values the cost in death penalty cases exceed the total price of life w/o parole by more than one third."

4 pages already woot

Edited by Mac

Okay, I'll look for that study. Care to explain why your first impulse is to say life w/o parole costs> death penalty and go as far as to "call bullshit" when somebody implies otherwise in the meantime?

A link to where you copy pasted from would do nicely, for starters.

And because my brand of common sense says that more often than not a few appeals will cost less than 50+ years of electric bills, water bills, food, the works.

Edited by Death

I didn't copy paste precisely, I typed it up from my own copy. :) You want I should take a picture of the paragraph?

Got Adobe?

Your the first to provide evidence to back up your claim.

*claps*

EDIT: Hell no way I am reading all that O_o

Edited by Judge Judy