Do we really know FOR SURE that this is a remake?

Yah, I understand that this involves Marth, who was in the 1st and 3rd games, but how do we KNOW that this is a remake? I mean.. It could be some other adventure of Marth that was never told...

I probably know less than most about these games, but I just don't see why they decided to make a remake all of the sudden..

The maps look suspiciously like the ones from FE1 and FE3 with the addition of all the reoccurring characters and same story, but then again, what do I know.

EDIT: I apologize, I am tired and cranky.

Edited by Izuka

1) They (Japanese sites who held the information initially and who I assume were at the briefing) said it was a remake.

2) Like Izuka said, there's the same story (heck, it's even got the same dialogue from 1992), characters, maps, everything.

Huh? I don't quite understand.

It's got the exact same dialogue as FE1/FE3 Book 1.

We know it's a remake of FE1 because Japanese sites said it was a remake of the first game. Otherwise, there's the appearance of a FE1-only character (Riff) and the fact that FE1's title was recently trademarked.

Because Monshou (FE3) held the remake to tie up the sequel, and to pull in more cash (two games in one), and then a new one because Marth is being looked to again, as well as it wouldn't be a bad idea to get in touch with your roots again. That, and Book I wasn't a direct remake of Ankoku--it skipped some characters, and chapters (albeit they were atrocious chapters but still).

Tons of people act as if the game was just remade a few months before the announcement was made. Really, there's nothing wrong with remaking a game. If anything, the ones who want a remake of Fuuin (FE6) are the ones who need to be shot--the game is only a system old, and there's not all too much that can be done other than update some graphics. At least the original Ankoku can be ported and upgraded.

I see you havent heard of Final Fantasy.
The only one in the series that I can think of as acually being remade more than once is FFIV. All the modern remakes of FFI and II are just the same Wonderswan versions from a decade and half ago, just touched up and with more added junk each time. FFIV on the GBA was the Wonderswan version-FFIV DS is wonderful, and the only remake I actually like from Square. FFV and FFVI were simply ports to the GBA, as well as PlayStation, like FFI and II. And that's basically all of them :/

Because Monshou (FE3) held the remake to tie up the sequel, and to pull in more cash (two games in one), and then a new one because Marth is being looked to again, as well as it wouldn't be a bad idea to get in touch with your roots again. That, and Book I wasn't a direct remake of Ankoku--it skipped some characters, and chapters (albeit they were atrocious chapters but still).

If FE3 book 1 wasn't a direct remake for removing characters and chapters from the original, would FE11 be a direct remake if it added characters and chapters? At least one character is being added, although we know nothing about the chapters...

I would call it moreso a remake if it is solely the original game being remade, retainment of characters that were removed, and the like.

I'd call it a remix if it changed as "drastically" as it did in Monshou's situation.