Universal Currency

General Spoon

I like to think that none of these games that aren't direct sequels/prequels/midquels take place in the same world, though. Usually, I view each continent as being seperate entities far removed from every other continent in FE.

It's just standard RPG fare, the currency...

Usually, I view each continent as being seperate entities far removed from every other continent in FE.

It's known for certain that Valencia and Akanea are in the same world, and there are some slight implications that Jugdral may also be in the same world as them.

As for the topic, just because every continent uses gold doesn't mean that there is a universal currency. Several real-world countries use copper coins, but that doesn't mean they can be used everywhere.

I like to think that none of these games that aren't direct sequels/prequels/midquels take place in the same world, though. Usually, I view each continent as being seperate entities far removed from every other continent in FE.

It's just standard RPG fare, the currency...

In the Tellius series, everything except Tellius got flooded. If Archanea, Jugdral, Elibe, and the rest of the continents were on the same planet as Tellius, they must have been flooded way back in Tellius' past.

But even then, the name "Zunanma" should have been known around the world, and people shouldn't have looked so much like beorc.

Before the flood, there were only Zunanma, whom Ashera later divided into beorc and laguz.

I'm rather inclined to believe that Tellius was on a completely different planet than the rest of the Fire Emblem continents.

Seriously. Every Fire Emblem universe has universal currency. We haven't even adopted universal currency today! What the hell?

Thanks for sharing...whats your point?

Edited by Judge Judy

• 2 weeks later...
It's known for certain that Valencia and Akanea are in the same world, and there are some slight implications that Jugdral may also be in the same world as them.
Where? I'm not doubting it since I recall hints too, but I'm not sure where the hints were.

Is it the whole Narga thing?

Gold can be sold just about anywhere on earth as well. There may be other currencies as well that are country-specific like here.

What I find strange is that there is always a common language (except the ancient language in PoR/RD which is mostly gone).

What I find strange is that there is always a common language (except the ancient language in PoR/RD which is mostly gone).

They have to talk in an understandable way.

Otherwise this is what you'd see:

FEGHJYRSQRHB GHEW WYTRF

Not easy to understand.

They have to talk in an understandable way.

Otherwise this is what you'd see:

FEGHJYRSQRHB GHEW WYTRF

Not easy to understand.

Oh, I understand it from a gameplay perspective, but it doesn't make sense when only considering the story. Look at our world. We've got more languages than you can count. And it's going to stay that way 'cause everyone's too stubborn and lazy to learn one universal language.

• 2 weeks later...
In the Tellius series, everything except Tellius got flooded. If Archanea, Jugdral, Elibe, and the rest of the continents were on the same planet as Tellius, they must have been flooded way back in Tellius' past.

Dheginsea: You... are of the wolf people?

Nailah: Yes. After the floods, we built our country to the east of the great desert.

Dheginsea: ...So we weren't the only ones to survive...

Nailah: Until we met Rafiel, we too thought ours were the only people left.

Dheginsea: In your country, are there only people of the wolf tribe?

Nailah: No, beorc live there, as well. There are also a number of what you call the "parentless." Children born of both laguz and beorc parents are still relatively few.. but they live normally among us.

Dheginsea: Is that so?

Nailah: That's probably enough chatting. Do you still intend to block our path?

Dheginsea: ...I will not deny my goddess.

Nailah: And I won't deny my conscience. I will revive those turned to stone, and you cannot stop me.

The bolded line indicates that other races and countries could have survived without anyone on Tellius being aware (Not even Dheginsea who was alive at the time of the flood knew of Hatari)