Shut up about Obama.

Destiny Hero

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be more historic is when people start seeing Obama as a new president, and not as the first black president.

The color of your skin shouldn't matter no matter what.

I understand that it's historic. And it's really cool that a black person can become a president when 60 years ago they weren't even allowed to share a bus seat. But I think man-kind will have made more progress when they stop seeing people as black or white or whatever altogether.

However, I don't think Obama is so special that he has rock-hard abs that glisten in the sunlight. <_< He's not a messiah. He's a new president. All presidents are liars and cheaters and scumbags in one way or another. Stop worshiping him. Just respect him.

I will say, that the greatest quote I heard today was this:

".....Barrack Obama stated that for his health care program, he will touch the forehead of all the people, instantly curing them of their ailments." - Rush Limbaugh

Well, whoever is treating Obama like God really is overdoing it. However, expecting people to not talk about the President during Inauguration is like expecting a drunk driver to drive straight/acting alert. I'd be worried if people weren't talking about Obama at all! (sort of shocked at the lack of Martin Luther King, Jr. topics yesterday)

Edited by Kintenbo

What will be more historic is when people start seeing Obama as a new president, and not as the first black president.

The color of your skin shouldn't matter no matter what.

I understand that it's historic. And it's really cool that a black person can become a president when 60 years ago they weren't even allowed to share a bus seat. But I think man-kind will have made more progress when they stop seeing people as black or white or whatever altogether.

However, I don't think Obama is so special that he has rock-hard abs that glisten in the sunlight. <_< He's not a messiah. He's a new president. All presidents are liars and cheaters and scumbags in one way or another. Stop worshiping him. Just respect him.

Well, it is exciting that with this we've crossed a great racial barrier. I don't think it'll end racism in America (hell, one of my biggest worries about the inauguration was a racist sniper that would shoot Obama on the way to the White House), but it's still really historic.

But yeah, Obama is not Jesus Christ. For most people, he comes close, though.

Well, it is exciting that with this we've crossed a great racial barrier. I don't think it'll end racism in America (hell, one of my biggest worries about the inauguration was a racist sniper that would shoot Obama on the way to the White House), but it's still really historic.

But yeah, Obama is not Jesus Christ. For most people, he comes close, though.

It's historic. And I acknowledge that fact. But when I see Obama, I don't see a black man. I see a man. Just as if I was looking at McCain. Except Obama is a much younger man. With more hair.

I really don't think I have the right to say: "ZOMG! IT'S THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT!" For one, I live in a time and place where racism doesn't seem to be too prominent. And for two, I'm not black, so I can't say I understand the oppression they went through. Thus, I can't understand the significance of it. At least not as much as someone who is black.

I see that it is historic. However, it is not my place to say it's historic. I would feel like a guy who joined a fight during the last 5 minutes after the fight was going on for 3 hours, then trying to claim that I was an integral part of the fight.

It's historic. And I acknowledge that fact. But when I see Obama, I don't see a black man. I see a man. Just as if I was looking at McCain. Except Obama is a much younger man. With more hair.

I really don't think I have the right to say: "ZOMG! IT'S THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT!" For one, I live in a time and place where racism doesn't seem to be too prominent. And for two, I'm not black, so I can't say I understand the oppression they went through. Thus, I can't understand the significance of it. At least not as much as someone who is black.

What planet do you live on?

:3

I see that it is historic. However, it is not my place to say it's historic. I would feel like a guy who joined a fight during the last 5 minutes after the fight was going on for 3 hours, then trying to claim that I was an integral part of the fight.

What?

What planet do you live on?

:3

New York.

Lyle, you realize that nobody was talking about Obama being a black president until you brought it up, right?

Eh. I was just making a point. Or something along those lines. Cause I'm to tired to come up with a logical explanation. So:

Gobilldiy Gook!

Lyle, you realize that nobody was talking about Obama being a black president until you brought it up, right?

I thought he was just an albino white person. (not serious, just some stupid thing a chick at school said, once)

Eh. I was just making a point.
At least wait until it's an actual relevant point to make. I found it funny that you would talk about people making a big deal about this because he's black, yet you're the only one that even mentioned it.