Favorite Subs

thanibomb

Radney and Roddleban aren't actually too bad. No Lakche or Skasha but they're not Tristan awful.

Amid and Linda are probably the best subs though.

Not including Laylea

You can't think them as decent if you already taste the feeling of using Lakche and Skasha. >.>

Awful is the word to describe Daisy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tristan is what I'd call awful.

Daisy is just... there are no words to describe it. She is that bad.

Then what about Dimna and Jeanne?

Daisy = Nightmare

Dimna isn't actually too bad. He has Pursuit, which many of the subs don't have.

Jeanne isn't too bad for the sole fact she comes with a Relive Staff. Nanna is just overall prettier though.

Dimna isn't actually too bad. He has Pursuit, which many of the subs don't have.

Jeanne isn't too bad for the sole fact she comes with a Relive Staff. Nanna is just overall prettier though.

Dimna is in the same bad level with Tristan, IMO.

Jeanne is horrible. No skill and overall low stats. ;-;

Janne starts in C level in staves, and that she cannot get beyond B level in Sword and Staves upon class change. She is only useful for healing your units.

Janne starts in C level in staves, and that she cannot get beyond B level in Sword and Staves upon class change. She is only useful for healing your units.

Her Staff rank won't go pass C actually. She fails as a healer too. =_=

But seein in Subs playthrough you need more healers, I guess she can do it.

I just passed Chapter 9 on a sub playthrough and DAMN, Arion was hard. I wouldn't have beat him if I didn't use Sharlow's Berserk staff to make him attack his own units. Gungnir + Continue eliminated all resistance against him D:

Arion comes down to either Berserk, Sleep or seizing Thracia when he's not looking, yeah.

The subs with Pursuit are automatically pretty good (Assaelo, Rodolban, Radney, Dimna, Hawk, Daisy after promo but good luck getting there). Radney and Dimna both gain quite a bit of much-needed stats through special event convos (Dimna gets +5 from Isaac castle, Radney gains a lot of different stuff through Johan/Johalvier and Shannan).

Tristan is good as a meatshield that does some chip damage back and it about ends there, unless you favor him with something like a Hero Sword or Pursuit Ring. He gets a good promo bonus + Continue though. Janne is absolutely terrible at fighting, so just stick a Relive on her and abuse her mounted healing. Sharlow actually ends up decent, you'll just have to staffwhore to get use out of it, but I suppose that when you gain 70 EXP from one Libro use and 100 EXP from about every other good staff, you don't really have to worry about that. Mana is obviously just good for healing, not really different from Rana.

I managed to get Sharlow to High Priest in Chapter 9. I just whored the Return Staff (I got Daisy to go to the villages in the north, pick up all the money and give it to Sharlow so he could buy/repair it) 70 Exp a use or so makes Sharlow level up very fast indeed.

Eh? He always goes after my units with the Gungnir...

Nonono, after you beat ALL of his units, he would get back to his castle to get more reinforcements, right?

Just trap him with 4 of your units, he won't attack(at least he didn't attacked me)

Nonono, after you beat ALL of his units, he would get back to his castle to get more reinforcements, right?

Just trap him with 4 of your units, he won't attack(at least he didn't attacked me)

That didn't happen on me. He didn't fly back to get his men again. He flies straight to me with his glorious Gungnir. What a feast.

Edited by Aida

You've got to be kidding me. It's that easy??? I didn't have to make Julia waste 3 Elwinds???

You've got to be kidding me. It's that easy??? I didn't have to make Julia waste 3 Elwinds???

Killing him means you get Prayer Ring, so it's not all for naught. :mellow:

Killing him means you get Prayer Ring, so it's not all for naught. :mellow:

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. But it would still be much easier if he never attacked me. Then I won't have to defeat him in only one turn (since he always kills someone in his turn).

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. But it would still be much easier if he never attacked me. Then I won't have to defeat him in only one turn (since he always kills someone in his turn).

Your bad luck with Arion would never exceed my brother's, I think I can guarantee this. =.=

Do explain.

He managed to brought Arion's HP down to 3. And he has Prayer Ring.

He attacked him with his Jamka!Patty with Wind Sword. 20 hits (since Patty activated her Charge skill) later, and Arion still alive. In the enemy turn, Arion decided to has his revenge by having a feast on my brother's units. >.>

Edited by Aida

He attacked him with his Jamka!Patty with Wind Sword. 20 hits (since Patty activated her Charge skill) later, and Arion still alive. In the enemy turn, Arion decided to has his revenge by having a feast on my brother's units. >.>

Once prayer kicks in, it lasts for the entire turn. He ran out of luck the moment he got Arion's HP to 3.

I got him to two, and tried to bomb him with underleveled units, from afar.

Couldn't hit, and didn't knew that was the Prayer ring(bad patch).

I killed him in the following turn, though.

All right, fine. There's no way the situation could be worse than that. But I still think that my lack of Holsety made the battle significantly harder than normal.

This just shows how effective the Prayer Skill is. I didn't like Fin (FE4) at first until I noticed that he always refuses to die in the arena thanks to Prayer.

Once prayer kicks in, it lasts for the entire turn. He ran out of luck the moment he got Arion's HP to 3.

Yep, bad luck.

I got him to two, and tried to bomb him with underleveled units, from afar.

Couldn't hit, and didn't knew that was the Prayer ring(bad patch).

I killed him in the following turn, though.

The problem is...Arion already killed his unit and he didn't pass the Valkyrie Staff. >.>

He restarted the whole chapter.