Favorite Subs

thanibomb

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is...Arion already killed his unit and he didn't pass the Valkyrie Staff. >.>

He restarted the whole chapter.

The only thing I think it's real shit about this chapter is recruiting Hannibal Lecter.

I just finished my sub playthrough =o Now for random comments/pointless summary;

Radney: Not too bad, Forrest promotion instead of Swordmaster hurts her a bit.

Roddleban: Eh, he is okay but avoid is a bit low.

Mana: I just gave up on her in the end. Useful for healing but probably not worth promoting.

Dimna: Better than Fia gives him credit for. One of the few subs to have Pursuit, give him a Killer Bow and he can become quite decent.

Tristan: No Pursuit, and Delmud is already quite average. Not very good at all.

Femina: Lack of Pursuit really hurts her, even with a Hero Lance. Her only benefit is her flying status.

Amid: Not too bad, actually. Good growths, a nice starting spell (Wind) and a decent class (Wind Mage is better than the other mages apart from the generalist.) No Pursuit but Continue activates often enough to be reliable.

Daisy: Awful beyond words. Use her for recruiting Asaello, changing the RNG via arena and maybe using the villages. She is pointless otherwise. Worst thief in the series.

Janne: Her only saving grace is her mounted unit and the Relive staff she comes with. Use her for that and nothing more.

Laylea: Charisma always helps. Better than Leen overall. Enough people use Laylea to save me an explanation.

Linda: One of the better substitutes. Linda gets Wrath and Elite, both very useful skills for her (Elite especially) as well as a competent magic stat. Her starting Thunder Mage class and Tordo blood also allow her to use Tron right off the bat, unlike Tinny who needs to promote first.

Asaello: No Faval, but he isn't awful. I reckon Dimna is better though. Asaello does at least get some good skills as well as a free Silver Bow so he isn't all bad.

Hawk: Think Sety without a particular father boost (Levin/Claude). Hawk is actually a very good unit by himself, nearly equal to 1st Gen Levin imo. Free Lightning and the Elwind Levin had will get passed down into the Vendor in Chapter 9 so you can buy it complete with the kills Levin got even if you didn't pair Fury. Good bases too, 22 Mag at Level 14 and excellent speed.

Sharlow: The Berserk Staff he gets is actually quite helpful; I berserked both Arion and Meng (the lead Pegasus sister) and they basically came over to my side as they were just attacking their own units. I doubt I would have got past Arion without the staff. Sharlow's Elite also makes him very easy to get to High Priest; if you can give him the money to buy and repair the Return Staff (via Daisy visiting villages?) that can give him about 70 exp a use, he can quickly get from Level 1 to Level 20 where he then promotes. Libro also gives him 70 a use. Most certainly better than Mana I think. His ability to give Altenna +5 RES through a convo in Chapter 10 is also quite good.

Celice/Shannan/Aless/Julia were all incredibly helpful though.

Edited by Drayano

Celice/Shannan/Aless/Julia were all incredibly helpful though.

How could you forget the epitome of awesome classes??? The photosynthetic organ doesn't even rely on a holy weapon to become awesome.